Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZr Video Clip Thread 23 May 2016 15:37 #728091

• GPzMOD750
  • GPzMOD750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148

swest wrote: Looks like fun. What kind did you get?
Steve

ion air pro lite.
www.amazon.com/iON-Camera-1011L-Lite-Wi-...i_detailpage_o00_s00

It's pretty nice, especially for the price. alot of nice features that are good for riding, it's supposedly waterproof to 10 m so I don't have to worry about rain and splashes like I do for my other one. It auto rotates the image when it starts and that's what I was trying out. The 1st was 90 counter clockwise. I wish it had a few more settings but I don't want to pay for the ones that have them. They make a cam specifically for motorsports, I think it will record with an external power source hooked up to it. The going price for that one seem s to be $100.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.

KZr Video Clip Thread 23 May 2016 16:13 #728095

• GPzMOD750
  • User
My other cameras are a Liquid Image EGO Which I've used so far and paid twice as much for than the new one. If I could combine the features of the ion and the Liquid Image it'would be perfect.

I also have a the ebay special SJ1000 that I paid $25 for used It's OK but can't be directly mounted to any thing without something else. The accessories used to mount it are kind of flimsy except the waterproof housing which is bulky. i did take that one out on the bike once and it bounced around and vibrated so much it wasn't very good. I can use it for other things though.

I also got some super small Chinese special cameras that I can't get to work correctly, I can get them to record but setting preferences etc. cant' be done since they wont interface correctly I think they aren't compatible with Win 10 and/or Kit Kat.

KZr Video Clip Thread 24 May 2016 06:26 #728209

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443

GPzMOD750 wrote:

swest wrote: Looks like fun. What kind did you get?
Steve

ion air pro lite.
www.amazon.com/iON-Camera-1011L-Lite-Wi-...i_detailpage_o00_s00

It's pretty nice, especially for the price. alot of nice features that are good for riding, it's supposedly waterproof to 10 m so I don't have to worry about rain and splashes like I do for my other one. It auto rotates the image when it starts and that's what I was trying out. The 1st was 90 counter clockwise. I wish it had a few more settings but I don't want to pay for the ones that have them. They make a cam specifically for motorsports, I think it will record with an external power source hooked up to it. The going price for that one seem s to be $100.

Not bad camera's . I have the ION Air 3. Doesn't look like you posted the HD version. I know it saves to versions of the same video. I don't like the auto-rotate feature since sometimes I turn it on inadvertently in the wrong orientation. I find the WIFI is a bit of a pain on mine when connecting with my cell phone for setting up the viewing angle. Have to play around with it to get it to work. The waterproof is great, but it is only completely waterproof if the wifi pod is mounted. In my case, I find the camera produces a lot of wind noise above 40, so I like to use an external mount and put the mike inside my jacket by my chest. In order to do this I cannot use the WIFI pod since the mic jack sits behind it on the inside. So at that point, I lose the waterproofing and would be more like water resistant. I found the best mount for the least jiggles is a helmet mount.
Here is some test I did with mine. First part is mounted on the grab bar with an external mic near the Kerker megaphone. Second part is helmet mounted with the WIFI pod installed. You can hear the wind noise. Third part is with my nephew's a GoPro Hero 4. Last part is an with the ION AirPro 3 again underwater. Not bad underwater, but I hear the GoPro is better and you can see the ION loses a bit of focus when it's underwater.

drive.google.com/file/d/0BxeuyU_DUv0iTEd...RDg/view?usp=sharing
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

KZr Video Clip Thread 24 May 2016 09:41 #728258

• GPzMOD750
  • User
Nice stop sign stop. :)

I recorded in either 960 or 1080p but saved and uploaded 720 after edit.

If I used the helmet mount you'd need motion sickness pills to watch the vids, I move my head so much. Manually setting rotation would be nice but at least it has 8 positions. The liquid image only has 2

I worked out hooking up WiFi, I do it through the phone before I open the app. I don't have an external mic. One of the reasons I bought this is because Wal-Mart stopped carrying ion and has all the accessories on clearance. There were tons of stuff a few months ago but by the time I got there there were only 3 different accessories left for $5 each. The helmet/bike pack, the board mount pack and the backup battery. I bought one of each. I can use them on the other cams too.

The board mount pack had a silicone sleeve with it. I'll put that on next time and see if it deadens the wind noise.

KZr Video Clip Thread 24 May 2016 10:03 #728261

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
Stop sign? What stop sign? LOL. That stop sign is at the neighborhood entrance (private road). My 11 year old always nails me every time I miss it. Probably not the best example I can set. I'm working on it.
76 KZ900
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

KZr Video Clip Thread 08 Jun 2016 05:36 #730529

• GPzMOD750
  • User
Here we have DB trooper trying not to miss his exit.

I pulled out of the HOV ( aka carpool/diamond lane) threshold at the proper time and he didn't, He'd been behind me for about 3 miles. The stupid thing is that less than a 1/4 mile farther there is a HOV only exit on the left that comes out just 2 blocks away from the main city center exit. The sign is on the left of the last sign cluster I pass.

Hopefully I'll have some more exciting vids this weekend.

KZr Video Clip Thread 08 Jun 2016 06:22 #730542

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
That FWY looks familiar.
Steve

KZr Video Clip Thread 08 Jun 2016 06:36 #730546

• GPzMOD750
  • User

swest wrote: That FWY looks familiar.
Steve

I'll bet, just several hundred miles father north.

KZr Video Clip Thread 08 Jun 2016 06:38 #730547

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
What area?
Steve

KZr Video Clip Thread 08 Jun 2016 06:43 #730550

• Rockranch
  • User
  • Thank you received: 23
I have a growing vid collection of rides of my favorite local mountain twisties down here in SoCal with my handlebar mounted GoPro. A bit more costly than others mentioned above, however it was a B-day gift a couple years ago from my GF and a lot of fun. My vids are typically longer (in the 10-15 minute range). My main flaw is the bikes vibrations being apparent in the fuzziness of the vids, as well as funky engine sounds similar to holding a screwdriver up to the engine and listening with your ear like a stethoscope. I've tried wrapping strips of rubber between mount bracket and handlebar which helped, but still not completely clear. My helmet mounts are fine with more clarity, but the stress on the neck at highway speeds for extended lengths of time is an obvious deterrent from use (at least for me). This 7-minute vid is a short ride on I-8 from the Jacumba exit to Desert View Tower overlooking Imperial Valley over 3,000feet below. Speaking of funky engine sounds...at the 5:15 mark of the vid, you can hear an obvious rattling sound from the bumpiness of that stretch of road. After a bit of investigating I determined that that rattling sound was my tire pressure gauge rattling loosely inside my tail piece tray LOL. .....................................Mike

Vroom-vroom!

(2)-1976 KZ900B-LTD's
1-all stock low mileage...
1 modified
1977 KZ1000 (awaiting resurrection!) :)
...and an old school Honda CB750 Chopper is next on my bucket list!

Oh...and a Pocket Rocket lol!!!

KZr Video Clip Thread 08 Jun 2016 07:28 #730559

• GPzMOD750
  • User

swest wrote: What area?
Steve

I-15/I-80 downtown SLC.

KZr Video Clip Thread 08 Jun 2016 09:31 #730575

• KZJOE900
  • Admin

Rockranch wrote: I have a growing vid collection of rides of my favorite local mountain twisties down here in SoCal with my handlebar mounted GoPro. A bit more costly than others mentioned above, however it was a B-day gift a couple years ago from my GF and a lot of fun. My vids are typically longer (in the 10-15 minute range). My main flaw is the bikes vibrations being apparent in the fuzziness of the vids, as well as funky engine sounds similar to holding a screwdriver up to the engine and listening with your ear like a stethoscope. I've tried wrapping strips of rubber between mount bracket and handlebar which helped, but still not completely clear. My helmet mounts are fine with more clarity, but the stress on the neck at highway speeds for extended lengths of time is an obvious deterrent from use (at least for me). This 7-minute vid is a short ride on I-8 from the Jacumba exit to Desert View Tower overlooking Imperial Valley over 3,000feet below. Speaking of funky engine sounds...at the 5:15 mark of the vid, you can hear an obvious rattling sound from the bumpiness of that stretch of road. After a bit of investigating I determined that that rattling sound was my tire pressure gauge rattling loosely inside my tail piece tray LOL. .....................................Mike

Vroom-vroom!

No noticable wind noise at least. GoPro's seem to have the best quality picture and sound in every comparison I have seen.
76 KZ900
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450