• Page:

TOPIC:

All It Takes Is A GOOD SCREW! Carbs are A-OK 16 Apr 2023 13:39 #883258

• DanMadBoy
  • DanMadBoy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 14

In the past two months my KZ650 has:

1. Had the engine rebuilt. My Uncle's friend told me he would rebuild the top end, but what he DIDNT tell me is he and my Uncle struck up a deal where he actually REBUILT the engine, and didnt tell me until my birthday on March 23!!!
2. Had the fuel tank and rear fairing painted
3. Had the carbs completely rebuilt

The carbs, well, after the rebuild, 1 and 3 kept fouling plugs. 2 and 4 are fine. I backed the air screws on 1 and 3 WAAAY out and now the bike is fine. Im pleased.

Job done.

Carbs are really doing their job and I put in iridium spark plugs today. Now all of my bikes have them. Highly recommend them.
The topic has been locked.

All It Takes Is A GOOD SCREW! Carbs are A-OK 16 Apr 2023 13:48 #883259

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1853

Time to move on. Please show respect for the forum by not derailing threads and adding to clutter.
If you want to talk about things other than bikes, please go post in daily chatter, not in this post where I am discussing bikes.

Thanks in advance.

Oh I’m very aware of the double standard, you dis the entire forum “it’s not the most agreeable environment“. But that’s not off subject?

Have a great day.
Nice try, but to late. When I quoted you it preserved you comment forever. You just tried to edit this thread, without success. It only shows to me your not really here to be a productive member but to just stir the pot, claim it wasn’t me, and see if you can claim title to the most locked threads here. Seriously what is the best way to store a side cover! That’s just a waste of the intelligence of this great forum.
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, SWest

All It Takes Is A GOOD SCREW! Carbs are A-OK 16 Apr 2023 13:55 #883260

• DanMadBoy
  • User is blocked

1. Had the engine rebuilt. My Uncle's friend told me he would rebuild the top end, but what he DIDNT tell me is he and my Uncle struck up a deal where he actually REBUILT the engine, and didnt tell me until my birthday on March 23!!!

The carbs, well, after the rebuild, 1 and 3 kept fouling plugs. 2 and 4 are fine. I backed the air screws on 1 and 3 WAAAY out and now the bike is fine. Im pleased.

Job done.

Carbs are really doing their job and I put in iridium spark plugs today. Now all of my bikes have them. Highly recommend them.

And these are the pesky carbs before polishing. They are VM22's,  but how I wish there were size appropriate CR carbs I could put on this bike.

Attachments:
Last edit: by DanMadBoy.

All It Takes Is A GOOD SCREW! Carbs are A-OK 16 Apr 2023 13:56 #883261

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member

Job done.

Thanks for the recommendation 
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.

All It Takes Is A GOOD SCREW! Carbs are A-OK 16 Apr 2023 14:02 #883262

• DanMadBoy
  • User is blocked

Job done.

No problem. Valuable information should be shared so all riders can maintain their bikes to the fullest.

All It Takes Is A GOOD SCREW! Carbs are A-OK 16 Apr 2023 14:10 #883263

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611
again

All It Takes Is A GOOD SCREW! Carbs are A-OK 16 Apr 2023 14:20 #883265

• DanMadBoy
  • User is blocked

Job done.

Again, sharing useful info is helpful to all.
Last edit: by DanMadBoy.

All It Takes Is A GOOD SCREW! Carbs are A-OK 16 Apr 2023 14:32 #883268

• willemZ900
  • User
  • Z1B 4 ever
  • Thank you received: 52
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

All It Takes Is A GOOD SCREW! Carbs are A-OK 16 Apr 2023 14:46 #883271

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277

Can you post pics of the engine apart on the bench from the email. and a copy of what was changed . 

i would be interested in what they actually did .

Nope. Sorry. No offense to you, but I dont want to be dissected., critiqued and admonished.
The dude rebuilt the engine. He showed me all the pics and I really dont feel like posting them here. Its not the most agreeable environment.

so you start a thread about an engine rebuild but havent posted anything about the rebuild .

now your talking about spark plugs .  Maybe you should start a spark plug thread too . Be a good reason to post more pics of the same bike AGAIN 

Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

All It Takes Is A GOOD SCREW! Carbs are A-OK 16 Apr 2023 14:46 #883272

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277

Can you post pics of the engine apart on the bench from the email. and a copy of what was changed . 

i would be interested in what they actual

Nope. Sorry. No offense to you, but I dont want to be dissected., critiqued and admonished.
The dude rebuilt the engine. He showed me all the pics and I really dont feel like posting them here. Its not the most agreeable environment.

I think your bullshiting and that engine never been apart . But whatever wont change my life either way .

Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk
Last edit: by riturbo.

All It Takes Is A GOOD SCREW! Carbs are A-OK 16 Apr 2023 14:49 #883273

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611

i would be interested in what they actually did .

so you start a thread about an engine rebuild but havent posted anything about the rebuild .

now your talking about spark plugs .  Maybe you should start a spark plug thread too . Be a good reason to post more pics of the same bike AGAIN 

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN  

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikaw

All It Takes Is A GOOD SCREW! Carbs are A-OK 16 Apr 2023 14:51 #883274

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
I’d be willing to say this whole post was redirected by the OP when he started talking Technical stuff in a non-technical forum index. 
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 82KZ305Belt, SWest
  • Page: