Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Any interest in a MI group ride this year? 19 Jun 2021 06:02 #850400

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
  • Thank you received: 1278

Hoping to have KZQ  / Bill  on the phone Saturday to include our leader in the event

Dave

I'm planning to make a video call to Dave at Noon my time, 3:00 PM for you folks. I'm sure you will but Lot's O Pics Please
Bill

www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any interest in a MI group ride this year? 19 Jun 2021 08:13 #850401

• seanbarney41
  • User
  • '79 kz1000 LTD '75 Honda CB750
  • Thank you received: 23
Still rainy and wet here in Kalamazoo, so I have not even left yet.  If it drys up before 4, I could still ride over there.

Any interest in a MI group ride this year? 19 Jun 2021 10:18 #850405

• seanbarney41
  • User
Well crap.  Dried up and got sunny so i got ready, now its on the verge of storming some more.

Any interest in a MI group ride this year? 19 Jun 2021 11:25 #850406

• seanbarney41
  • User
Well, looks like a nice day for a ride finally so omw.  Should take me 2 plus hours.

Any interest in a MI group ride this year? 19 Jun 2021 12:23 #850413

• krazee1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 197
This Nebraska guy is pretty jealous,  I would love to meet you guys and see your machines!  Maybe I can load up a trailer full(small trailer) and participate next year.  I could probably arrange a tour of the Lincoln Kawasaki Factory if members wanted to travel to Nebraska, although it would be way cooler if they were still making motorcycles.  Speedway Motors also has a World Class Museum in Lincoln that people would surely find interesting.  

Hope you're all having fun,  I look forward to the Movie!    Mike
Former M.E. at Kawasaki Motors Manufacturing, Lincoln, NE
1966 W1 (the Z1 of 1966-50H.P. and 100mph!)
1974 Z1
1978 KZ1000 LTD
1976 KZ900B pile O parts
1980 KZ750E
1980 Honda XL250S (I know, wrong flavor!)

Any interest in a MI group ride this year? 19 Jun 2021 20:59 #850436

• seanbarney41
  • User
Made it home.  Had a great ride.  It was awesome to meet all you guys.  Thanks so much for the hospitality!  I got a couple pics from my ride i will post tomorrow.

Any interest in a MI group ride this year? 19 Jun 2021 22:41 #850439

• Kaylinator
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 74
Horribly jealous that this is so far away. Would have been awesome to meet a bunch of you IRL. Looking forward to pics!
1978 KZ1000-A2
kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613296-1978-kz1000-a2-barn-find

1978 KZ400-B1

2022 Z900RS SE

Any interest in a MI group ride this year? 20 Jun 2021 07:33 #850456

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
We Had A BLAST !!!!!!!!!!!!
Les Holt and Lawrence  ( Saxon ) got here Friday afternoon.  And stayed at my place 
Opening Cocktail party was award winning  ,  Pork loin , Hungarian gulosh  ( Cant spell  LOL ) corn on the cob,  Sunshine ( Moonshine made during the day LOL )
Brad trailered his trike out in the morning  and went home to ride back in with Trouton his LTD... Poor Trout was half drown  ,but we dried him out . 
Matt  Mikaw came out and it was great to meet him too.  Sean made it out  after a rain delay and shared his LTD with us .
My Veteran bud Laszlo had a great time  and was made welcome  ( Of course his cooking was appreciated  )
Well Ghostdive  , wish you made it  . we all checked out bikes , Bench raced a million miles , Talked till  we couldnt and laughed till our faces hurt.
Now I admit to getting well lubed  up but nobody left  drunk . Les and I are old Buds  and  it was like old home week for us   Thanks for coming Bro !!!!!!!!!!
House is quiet now  and   going to shave the fur off my teeth and  scrap the dirt  off in the shower 
Lets do this again .We all never left the polebarn  to go boating or have a fire  and nobody cared  LOL
 Bill   Our fearless leader was a video guest of honor at  our party and Im sure he enjoyed himself as well. I know the members here  were glad to have him with us .
 I will be back soon with some pictures
Thanks for a great time and memory
   Dave   Street Fighter LTD

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, Mikaw

Any interest in a MI group ride this year? 20 Jun 2021 09:27 #850463

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
OK 
Im starting to recover a bit.
2 pictures of members 
Saxon  Lawrence had left already for Chicago and SeanBarney was still coming  between rain clouds
Lets see if you all can figure out whos , who
 Thanks to all who came . I came away from it all the better for the experience 
Street Fighter LTD
  Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikaw

Any interest in a MI group ride this year? 20 Jun 2021 10:04 #850464

• Mikaw
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1859
Dave, Thank you! To You, your wife and your beautiful home for offering to host. I had a great time. Sorry I chickened out and didn’t ride out, but I had a feeling the weather man was wrong. Shankkole and Trout proved me right, poor guys were soaked. You Two get the tough guy award for riding in the rain. It was really great to meet everyone. The conversation was great, I learned a lot. Makes you really appreciate the talent it takes to build quality machines. Beyond the great conversations the thing that stuck with me the most, the willingness to help, to share, try to make others better. We need more of that, and I’m glad I was able to experience it with a totally new group.  

Actually Chostdive gets the credit for getting this started it would be great for everyone to experience it. It’s easy reach out to others in your area. Plan your own get together. 

Thank you to Kz Rider for the opportunity for us to have a great day. I really would like to get another flag relay started. Thoughts?
1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Last edit: by Mikaw.

Any interest in a MI group ride this year? 21 Jun 2021 04:54 #850518

• les holt
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 288
     Kind of in the same boat Dave, just starting to recover but, as usual, you and Deb were fantastic host, really miss coming up there every summer and I had a great time plus it was a very needed break for me. Met some pretty cool guys, good conversations, good drink and food. Now, it's just over a 5 hour drive, I made it home in time to throw my luggage down and leave to do our family's fathers day dinner. 
     Hope to do this again, Miss and I talked, maybe next year we can host a similar event here, we also have some beautiful country sides around here to enjoy. 
     Here's a pic of Fridays sunset sitting on their deck, beautiful setting!

Les Holt
Attachments:

Any interest in a MI group ride this year? 21 Jun 2021 07:17 #850522

• TheTrout
  • User
  • Thank you received: 55
I had a little scare on the ride home Saturday.  Anyone ever get hit by a flying turkey?  I saw her coming, flew out of a tree on the ditch and swooped down low across the road.  I hit the tank like I was speeding down the 1/4 mile drags, felt her wings or tail brush across my back.  If that bitch had hit me I think I would have gone down!  I sit back up and I can see the passengers in the rear seat of the car in front of me cracking up and pointing.  Must have been a hell of a sight.

I had a great time hanging out with you guys.  I appreciate the advice given on my bike issues.  I don't know how soon ai will get around to working on it, but if I can't my clutch smoothed out I will be coming to see ya Dave!
1978 KZ1000B2