Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

emulators for GPZ 750 A 07 Jan 2020 20:28 #816671

• The_Fixer
  • The_Fixer's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys, my bike I'm restoring is an '84 A3 (by the photos in the manual). The one with the belly fairing.

I have restored the anti-dive valves, seem to be working, but have heard they never really worked all that well.They didn't last too long and I'm not interested in the ongoing costs of replacements either.

Are there emulator kits available for this model? Having a hard time finding any for the model, or is it better to change out the whole assembly to one from another model?

I have heard of blanking them off and putting heavier oil in the forks. How effective is this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by The_Fixer.

emulators for GPZ 750 A 08 Jan 2020 16:42 #816737

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
I know that blocking them off and running heavier oil was the de-facto move by racers back in the day. Race tech sells an emulator kit for an 82, which probably fits your 84. call em up. they are super helpful. I put an emulator kit in my kz750twin and was blown away by the transformation. big change for not much money (in the world of aftermarket suspension
The following user(s) said Thank You: The_Fixer

Last edit: by DoctoRot.

emulators for GPZ 750 A 08 Jan 2020 16:53 #816738

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659
I made block off plates for the anti dive on a GS750 I owned for a while. The plate itself must be grooved to allow oil to flow freely between the two oil ports in the fork.

On my KZ750 I installed Sonic springs and Racetech emulators. I believe 5W oil is recommended. Two good upgrades.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The_Fixer

• Page: