FB Mod

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
11 Jun 2019 07:44 #805511 by SWest
FB Mod was created by SWest
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI recently accepted being a Mod on the KZ Market on FB. Most of the members are good guys/girls but they have the same issues we have here with spammers so I get to WACK them there too. :woohoo:
This one's on the Z1 historical page so I can only comment on it so thus the question.
There is a poster putting eBay links to early Z1 parts like this head. I know the valve cover is wrong but my question is, did the first cam caps have the ribs on them like mine or were they like the later KZ1000 ones? If they are not stock then it isn't worth the $2000+ he is asking for it.

Interesting thing happened yesterday, one of the members called me using FB call. He was trying to do a vacuum sync on his KZ 750 CV carbs. He was having trouble getting them even and didn't know #3 was the lead carb. I explained that's why there's no adjustment screw on it and it adjusts with the idle screw. He then said he'd video chat with me and dropped the call only to call right back. I could see him but he couldn't see me. He asked why and I told him I have a piece of metal tape over the camera. I said one day I heard a camera shutter sound so I covered it to prevent spying. If they can do that with the cam I'm sure the can with the mic too. He said Oh, OK and showed me what he was doing. He had 2 and 3 even but 1 and 4 were way down. I pointed out where his fuel mixture screws were and to set them at best idle first then do the sync. I told him he had the right idea and it will take a few tries and he'll get there. He ended the call. Handy tool this video chat. B)
When he first called me he asked if he'd awakened me and if it was the middle of the night here? He had a British accent and from what I could see it was daytime there so maybe he was in Canada. I didn't ask but it would have been dark in the UK or Australia?
I'll call him back to see how it went and WHERE HE"S FROM. :laugh: Naturally I suggested he join KZRider and we have members all over the world that have more knowledge about these bikes than me. We'll see. :whistle:
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
11 Jun 2019 09:46 #805521 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic FB Mod
Got a message from him. He's in Wales. It's a small world. B)
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.