Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Loudest exhaust for KZ750's 08 May 2019 08:51 #803508

• dpivas7
  • dpivas7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
What's the meanest, loudest exhaust you can get for a KZ750?

I had a Vance and Hines that I really liked, but I've recently discovered that there are (cheaper) options from Marving and Delkevic as well as the obvious Kerker and Mac.

I've read mixed reviews on about everything except for the Delkevic's. The only downside I read about those were that they hang low. The Marvings look nice and provide high ground clearance, but I don't know if they are as mean as they look.

I've basically read to stay away from Mac and it seems like Kerker aren't worth the money.

What are your experiences?
Current: '19 Harley Roadster, '72 XLCH, '84 GPz 550
Past: '84 GPz 550, '82 KZ750 LTD, '71 XLCH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Loudest exhaust for KZ750's 08 May 2019 08:55 #803509

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 656
Whats not to like about Delkevic? Stainless, cheap, incredibly well made, either megaphone or straight versions and unless you plan motorcrossing your bike plenty enough ground clearance.

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

The following user(s) said Thank You: perrykz1000

Loudest exhaust for KZ750's 08 May 2019 08:58 #803511

• dpivas7
  • User
That's what I figured, but some posters had negative experiences. Does the megaphone create a louder sound than the straight, or is it just for looks?

Loudest exhaust for KZ750's 08 May 2019 09:02 #803512

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 656
Dont know but with the baffle out the staight pipe is way louder than you would want on a lengthy ride without ear plugs.

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

Loudest exhaust for KZ750's 08 May 2019 09:16 #803515

• ned37
  • User
  • Thank you received: 11
i had a kerker k2 on my '81 kz750e and i tried the competition insert that was included with it. i put the standard baffle back in after about 10 miles.
'83 GPZ1100, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200, '08 Husky TE610
Verde Valley, AZ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism

Loudest exhaust for KZ750's 08 May 2019 15:20 #803534

• Irish Yobbo
  • User
  • Thank you received: 93
I'm not trying to criticize, but have you every ridden a bike with a properly loud exhaust? Everyone I know who has either replaced it or found some way to make it quieter again. Even with earplugs a straight-through pipe is deafening, everyone around you hates it, and you lose all situational awareness that you'd normally get from haring things around you. It's a laugh to start with, but it gets old really quick.

I mean, get what you want, it's your bike and your money - but I can all but guarantee that you will regret buying an exhaust just because it's the loudest.
1981 KZ750 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed, Nessism

Loudest exhaust for KZ750's 08 May 2019 15:25 #803535

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829

Irish Yobbo wrote: I'm not trying to criticize, but have you every ridden a bike with a properly loud exhaust? Everyone I know who has either replaced it or found some way to make it quieter again. Even with earplugs a straight-through pipe is deafening, everyone around you hates it, and you lose all situational awareness that you'd normally get from haring things around you. It's a laugh to start with, but it gets old really quick.

Exactly! I learned that lesson many years ago on my BSA. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:

Last edit: by 650ed.

Loudest exhaust for KZ750's 08 May 2019 17:15 #803541

• dpivas7
  • User

Irish Yobbo wrote: I'm not trying to criticize, but have you every ridden a bike with a properly loud exhaust? Everyone I know who has either replaced it or found some way to make it quieter again. Even with earplugs a straight-through pipe is deafening, everyone around you hates it, and you lose all situational awareness that you'd normally get from haring things around you. It's a laugh to start with, but it gets old really quick.

I mean, get what you want, it's your bike and your money - but I can all but guarantee that you will regret buying an exhaust just because it's the loudest.

I totally get what you mean, but going from a GPz550 to the KZ750 with the Vance and Hines, I friggin loved the loud exhaust. I like that people can hear me coming too, which I didn't always think was true with the GPz. However, the GPz sounded better than any modern sportsbike. I can't stand a whiney bike.

I'm a sucker for that low burble too. I don't like the sound of the gun shots that come from a Harley, but I appreciate a proper, deep tone from a loud exhaust. I hate things like CBs that sound like lawn mowers or a bug buzzing by.

Loudest exhaust for KZ750's 09 May 2019 07:25 #803585

• KZB2 650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 265
Maybe try youtube......... A few have put their Delkevic's on video here but not sure if that will tell you the real life sound you can expect. I know what you mean....I love my V&H with a comp baffle..... you could maybe mod the baffle a little too on a different system...... on the std V&H baffle I took the back plate off years ago that covers the rear set of holes and it made it a little louder than the comp baffle. Both without packing.
1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Loudest exhaust for KZ750's 09 May 2019 17:19 #803616

• perrykz1000
  • Sustaining Member
  • Have a safe day !!
  • Thank you received: 32
I put the Delkevic's megaphone type I think you all are talking about. Little loud than the Kerker I had on before , even with both baffled in. Love the sound especially when letting her go through the gears. Does sometimes get attention. About normal when riding around town. Talked my way out of a few tickets so far , when ripping thru the gears. Does have a great sound.

Last edit: by perrykz1000. Reason: Spelling

Loudest exhaust for KZ750's 09 May 2019 17:32 #803617

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2678
Apparently I'm the outlier in this discussion because I hate loud bikes, partly because I don't want to be the guy causing discomfort to noise sensitive people. I believe that people with loud bikes are either oblivious to the pain they cause other people or they just don't care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oldjeep

Last edit: by Nessism.

Loudest exhaust for KZ750's 09 May 2019 18:27 #803618

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829

Nessism wrote: Apparently I'm the outlier in this discussion but I hate loud bikes, partly because I don't want to be the guy causing discomfort to noise sensitive people. I believe that people with loud bikes are either oblivious to the pain they cause other people or they just don't care.

That makes two of us. When I was a kid I had a very loud BSA. It made others, even my friends, angry. It hurt my ears and my hearing. It attracted cops from far and wide. It pissed off car drivers some of which tried to run into me (maybe a Baltimore thing). Eventually I realized it didn't make sense to ride a bike that was obnoxious and offensive. I have no desire to ever own another loud bike. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Last edit: by 650ed.
  • Page: