Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Any interest in these ? 08 Jul 2018 02:46 #786603

• zed1015
  • zed1015's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1461
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationJust gauging interest.
I made a small batch of Air corrector jets for VM 26/28mm carb banks as fitted to KZ 900/1000 and also Suzuki GS series for friends and members of the Z1 Owners club in the uk.
Don't know if you ever got anything like these in the US for this application. .
Originally made by LEDAR and now long out of production since the 90's i have a few sets left that i have listed on ebay.

I'm not a trader, just a retired bloke in a shed ( hence the "BIAS" Engineering brand I listed them under :) ) helping fellow Z owners keep their bikes on the road and if there is enough demand i will make more to order for private sales to help top up the beer fund..
The listing explains what they do and they are very effective.
Will post overseas at cost.
Just PM me.
Cheer's Rob.
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zed1015.

Any interest in these ? 08 Jul 2018 05:52 #786607

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1022
I've never heard of nor seen them. Where are they placed on Z1 carbs and what is their purpose?
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.

Any interest in these ? 08 Jul 2018 05:54 #786608

• Warren3200gt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 656
Well known in the uk for ironing out carb issues with pods or stacks fitted. Read the ebay description and fitting info.

Z1000J2 somewhat modified!

Any interest in these ? 09 Jul 2018 09:41 #786679

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
  • Thank you received: 1278
Hi Folks,
Just a note about this thread and our advertising rules here at KZR. Strictly interpreted posts like this one are not permitted and in all likelihood any member posting a link to an auction, of theirs, on E-Bay will have their post pulled . However, in this case since Rob states that he's not running a business and is doing this to gauge the level of interest in these otherwise unavailable custom parts, we have decided that his service to our community out weighs the technical infraction of the rules. The posting is allowed, in this case.
Rob, Thank you for your contributions.
Bill
KZQ
www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300
The following user(s) said Thank You: 531blackbanshee, zed1015, Street Fighter LTD, KZ Rat, SWest

Any interest in these ? 09 Jul 2018 12:45 #786684

• zed1015
  • zed1015's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1461
Hi.
First I must thank the admins for allowing my thread to remain posted.
It wasn't intended as a blatant solicitation of services as I am no businessman but more to see if there was enough interest for these in the US to warrant making more than the batch I already had for the UK Z1 Owners Club and then possibly offering them through the vendor section after finding what that entails or even just adding overseas postage on the ebay listing.
In a bit more detail these Air corrector jets perform essentially the same function as the Mikuni BS30/97 - # jet that is readily available for the VM smoothbores and add a much needed level of adjustability to the stock roundslide VM's as fitted to KZ900/1000 and the Suzuki GS's.
The BS30/97 however are a 4mm thread and the air bleed orifice in the stock VM is too large to take them so a custom jet is needed.
What they do is pinpoint the lower and mid range lean condition and resultant flat spot caused by the increased airflow of open carbs or high flow pods and aftermarket exhausts etc.
This is a much better solution than lifting the needles which blanket bombs the whole range with an over rich mixture that also reduces overall power and increases fuel consumption.
The jets i have produced are the stock LEDaR size which were Dyno proven to cover all eventualities but for advanced tuning of built engines and race use other sizes in .1 increments can be suppied as is the case with the BS30/97.
Thanks.
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD, SWest

Last edit: by zed1015.

Any interest in these ? 09 Jul 2018 16:32 #786695

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2620
Part of our conversation. I'd like to learn more about topics like these. The orifices need to be tapped to size and makes the carbs more fine tunable.
Steve
Hi, Steve .
The Jets are .5 and this is the size to eliminate the flat spot in all engines.
For very fine tuning on individual engines I can provide jet sizes in .1 increments.
This was never an option back in the day and .5 was the dyno tested size that covered all eventualities and was the easy bolt on fix for your average Joe without making things too complicate.
Rob.
Steve.
Those 33 smoothies already have replaceable air jets don't they - part number BS30/97 - # and are 4mm thread not the 5mm of mine that the normal VM's need.
Recommended Jet size for those 33's is 0.6mm but there's a lot to be gained on individual engines by fine tuning the size.. Soldering and drilling will do the trick.
On my alloy café the 0.5's were great but 0.6's make it a screamer .
You wouldn't know what you were losing out on though without trying them.

• Page: