Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lucky guy 24 Jun 2017 06:13 #765246

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
I got into several bad situations when I was young and stupid while riding dirt bikes on gravel. It gave me good skills when I over cooked it on a surprise right-hander off-camber turn. I found out you can drift a KZ900 and yes, the bike will almost always make it if you can hang on.
I've also seen riders that panic and lock up the brakes in a bad spot. All that does is take away your options.
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lucky guy 24 Jun 2017 07:29 #765251

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2631
It appears the car bumped the bike trying to leave the carpool lane. and that's what started it. Illegal move on his part besides "bumping" the bike. I'm beginning to like my crash bars more now. They saved me one time before.
Steve
kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/599951...se-call?limitstart=0

Lucky guy 24 Jun 2017 09:02 #765253

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
I certainly agree that kicking the car was dumb, but after the kick the driver of the car swerved into the bike. Why? I refuse to believe that “kick” was powerful enough to knock the car sideways, otherwise it would have knocked the bike even further sideways since it weighs much less than the car. To me, it looks like the idiot in the car decided to kill the idiot on the bike by ramming into him after the kick. Of course, if that was or was not the case there was no logical reason for the car driver to totally lose control and swerve around into the wall which led to an even bigger wreck. I’m betting the car driver was either under the influence of alcohol or drugs or was otherwise mentally impaired. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Lucky guy 24 Jun 2017 21:36 #765319

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2076
Yup, there was more than enough stupid to go around.

I saw a news article recently that claimed that the number of deaths and accidents from road rage have skyrocketed in recent years.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Lucky guy 25 Jun 2017 07:11 #765328

• LarryC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309

650ed wrote: I certainly agree that kicking the car was dumb, but after the kick the driver of the car swerved into the bike. Why? I refuse to believe that “kick” was powerful enough to knock the car sideways, otherwise it would have knocked the bike even further sideways since it weighs much less than the car. To me, it looks like the idiot in the car decided to kill the idiot on the bike by ramming into him after the kick. Of course, if that was or was not the case there was no logical reason for the car driver to totally lose control and swerve around into the wall which led to an even bigger wreck. I’m betting the car driver was either under the influence of alcohol or drugs or was otherwise mentally impaired. Ed

Multiple acts of stupidity usually lead to bad results....So much rage in people these days it's pathetic. Poor SOB in the white truck got caught up in someone else's rage contest. That's the part that bother's me most. That could have been anyone of us. i hope the judge throws the book at the biker and the driver who's car he kicked. Huge fines, prison time and revoked licenses for an extended period of time. Call me a hard ass but that's what I'd do if i were a judge ruling in the matter...
Larry C.

Lucky guy 25 Jun 2017 07:21 #765329

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2631
Agreed. Most drivers will move over to let me pass but there is always one Nimrod that thinks he owns the road. I've had big rigs run interference for me so I could get around a couple of these fools. Back before 911 anger was high too. After it happened everyone seemed to mellow out. It didn't last long.:(
Steve

Lucky guy 25 Jun 2017 16:30 #765372

• LarryC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309

SWest wrote: Agreed. Most drivers will move over to let me pass but there is always one Nimrod that thinks he owns the road. I've had big rigs run interference for me so I could get around a couple of these fools. Back before 911 anger was high too. After it happened everyone seemed to mellow out. It didn't last long.:(
Steve

I hear you. Give me back my old America cause this version is FUBAR.....
Larry C.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

• Page: