Why We Run from the Police! was created by !Seymore
Interesting thoughts...

C.
79' KZ650-D2 [fsm] (Max)
83' KZ750-F1 LTD [clymers] (Kay)
82' KZ1100-D1 Specter (another project)
78' KZ650-B2a (J&H, A Project)
91' KZ1000-P (P = parts)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
27 May 2017 16:25 #762910 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Why We Run from the Police!
There's a old saying, "you can't beat Motorola" and it holds true today. Add that to the fact a lot of new riders are young and on crotch rockets makes for a prescription for disaster. A 4-600 pound bullet going 80+ on a crowded FWY is going to kill someone and not just the rider. I had just bought my Z1 in 75 and the headline in the LA Times read, Kawasaki 900 broadsided a Jaguar at 80 MPH on the boulevard killing the rider and the two occupants in the car. The bike went in one door and out the other. Running is stupid and should be criminal.
Have I done it? I'll never tell.:whistle:
Steve

• Tyrell Corp
  • User
  • "You were made as well as we could make you"
More
27 May 2017 17:55 - 27 May 2017 17:57 #762914 by Tyrell Corp
Replied by Tyrell Corp on topic Why We Run from the Police!
Talking nonsense and wobbling about and all over the place on a ruler straight road. You tube seems to have bred a whole new generation of self indulgent clowns

"''it's not a crime to be speeding on a bike - in certain situations... " ROFL!

He forgets that there are more of them than him, once several vehicles in radio contact with air support 'lock on' I don't think any vehicle will get away. Hyper Sports bikes on full bore drink fuel at an alarming rate, even if they do give the helicopter a chase for a while.

One reason that 'why' they run might be, that profiling the majority of bikers as young men , in states where kids could get prison time for relatively minor crimes, they may therefore be more inclined to take bigger risks to avoid being caught.

1980 Gpz550 D1, 1981 GPz550 D1. 1982 GPz750R1. 1983 z1000R R2. all four aces
Last edit: 27 May 2017 17:57 by Tyrell Corp.

• Kray-Z
  • User
  • I need more power Scotty....
More
27 May 2017 20:38 #762920 by Kray-Z
Replied by Kray-Z on topic Why We Run from the Police!
Keeee-Rist!

This moto-vlogger says "Speed limits laws are ...based on averages"....well, damn. Can you imagine life if laws openly only applied to certain types of people? It's bad enough for us out there already! Don't create some BS reason to whine and bitch because you got busted....

My own opinions about speeding and running... it is fact - 0.000001 mph over the limit is still breaking the law. A little lie is still a lie. A line has to be drawn somewhere, after all. If you speed, you are gambling - like betting on a toss of the dice. If something bad happens while you are breaking the law - at least be responsible enough to admit who is to blame for that - suck it up, buttercup! You might not think you are putting anyone else at risk, but accidents are not foreseen or planned, are they? And even if you wipe out because of speeding (and you wouldn't have if you weren't) and only "hurt yourself", it still costs others, often in more than just money. Got family? Kids?

I can't say I am above speeding on public highways - it's perfectly natural to want to have some fun every once and a while. But I accept what it is - silly, against the law, and selfish - putting myself and, despite any justifiable excuse I might try - likely others at risk. And running is about as irresponsible as it gets. You played the game and lost - if you aren't up to losing, don't play the game.

And I don't aim to tell others not to make their own decisions - that's freedom of choice, But everyone has to accept reasonable responsibility for their deliberate actions, and remember no one has the right to harm innocent people (those would be the victims of your crime - wouldn't they?). No one is that special, snowflake.

2-04 R1, 81 CSR1000, 81 LTD1000, 2-83 GPz1100, 3-79CBX, 81 CBX, 3-XS650, 84 Venture, +parts
Quote "speed costs money...how fast do you want to go?" (Which Z movie?)
Universal formula for how many motorcycles one should own = n + 1, where n is how many motorcycles you own right now....
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
More
28 May 2017 05:52 #762935 by bluej58
Replied by bluej58 on topic Why We Run from the Police!

78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:

• 9er rider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Keep a cool tool
More
28 May 2017 07:53 - 28 May 2017 08:00 #762939 by 9er rider
Replied by 9er rider on topic Why We Run from the Police!
When running from the cops exceeding 100 mph at night, be sure to not run stop lights, even though the police are on your ass. To this day I dont trust stop lights. Even though Ive never heard of a motorcycle and a freight train ever get in a mix up accidentally,I dont trust them either. Loud pipes save lives? Boom boxes in the back seat dont give a damn. A ninja 650 at a high rate of speed can put a 12 inch bow in a 68 bronco frame, burst the front gas tank , push the door in 2 feet, pinch your foot in the floor board break your leg,your arm,your hand, while folding the steering wheel, break ribs, fill your eyes with glass, and give you a concision. Not to mention, what happens to the bike rider trying to part his hair with the edge of the wind shield at that speed.

76 kz 900 1075 76 kz 900 a4 78 kz 1000 ltd
Last edit: 28 May 2017 08:00 by 9er rider.

• Kray-Z
  • User
  • I need more power Scotty....
More
28 May 2017 09:49 #762949 by Kray-Z
Replied by Kray-Z on topic Why We Run from the Police!

bluej58 wrote:

When I was a 12 year old kid riding a city transit bus, a guy on a big Harley going 100 mph in a 30 zone dissected a small car completely, right before my eyes. 5 people in the car, 3 kids, No survivors. Use your imagination - wasn't pretty.

2-04 R1, 81 CSR1000, 81 LTD1000, 2-83 GPz1100, 3-79CBX, 81 CBX, 3-XS650, 84 Venture, +parts
Quote "speed costs money...how fast do you want to go?" (Which Z movie?)
Universal formula for how many motorcycles one should own = n + 1, where n is how many motorcycles you own right now....