Noise laws

• Olajoe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Free at last
More
09 Feb 2016 06:43 #710096 by Olajoe
Noise laws was created by Olajoe
In our state, CO it varies from city to city, probably who is working the beat, time of day, whether you are having a bad hair day or not. But I just got off the phone with the local pd, we're just outside of Denver, and he says we used to have exhaust laws but he says he doesn't think so anymore. So ambiguous. You can look the laws up for yourself and it say one thing (although subjective unless these guys actually do it by the book), but from what he said he can't remember it being enforced in recent years (this is outside of denver). His words, harleys already come opened up like that. I have enough stuff going and can't afford a non-compliance reputation. I think there is already plenty to go around. However, when you have that once in a blue moon, the parade is in full swing, the show will go on. When it's for something like celebrating the home team that should be a no brainer, my op. But I'm being biased since I don't work the beat. These are significant revenue opportunities. Gotta be mindful even during celebratory times and look before the leap. Don't know if that is bitter or sweet, terrible no? Life's a beach.

[IMG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2016 07:04 - 09 Feb 2016 07:06 #710101 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Noise laws
Sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to say regarding celebration and what have you, but I do know that all vehicles must meet federal noise laws at the time they are sold. It's up to the local governmental agencies as to how they enforce the law, if at all. Where I live, in California, there are supplemental laws in effect prohibiting the modification of mufflers on newer bikes. I'm not sure regarding how the logistics on this new law works, but basically they are trying to stop people from making noise and pollution by modding their bikes.

Personally, I'm strongly in favor of laws against noisy bikes. Noise creates ill will toward all bikers and the last thing we need is for car drivers to hate us.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2016 07:06 by Nessism.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluezbike

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
09 Feb 2016 07:08 #710104 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Noise laws
There are limits to everything. Noise doesn't make ponies so what's the point other than to piss others off?
Steve

More
09 Feb 2016 07:35 #710117 by KZB2 650
Replied by KZB2 650 on topic Noise laws
Back in early 70s Hot Rod mag did a big test on the freest flowing mufflers around and a Napa brand turbo muffler for some turbo motor won out ...... when I went and bought em I asked the parts guy now I'm not gonna have problems from the cops about these being to loud am I and he relied don't worry I'm a part time cop and they'll be fine. We all got a big laugh out of that one....... My V and H is perfect with a un packed comp baffle........ I agree forget it when it comes to yanking the baffle.

1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

• Olajoe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Free at last
More
09 Feb 2016 07:35 #710118 by Olajoe
Replied by Olajoe on topic Noise laws
I think if california had just a fraction of the existing population things would be a lot different. The beauty of being taken back in time on one of these when people where just that.

• Olajoe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Free at last
More
09 Feb 2016 07:38 #710119 by Olajoe

KZB2 650 wrote: Back in early 70s Hot Rod mag did a big test on the freest flowing mufflers around and a Napa brand turbo muffler for some turbo motor won out ...... when I went and bought em I asked the parts guy now I'm not gonna have problems from the cops about these being to loud am I and he relied don't worry I'm a part time cop and they'll be fine. We all got a big laugh out of that one....... My V and H is perfect with a un packed comp baffle........ I agree forget it when it comes to yanking the baffle.

This is where i've seen the best results. There's a real sweet spot in there.

The following user(s) said Thank You: KZB2 650

• Olajoe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Free at last
More
09 Feb 2016 07:42 #710122 by Olajoe
This is what i needed, a reeling in. It's the blue moon not me. :laugh:

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
09 Feb 2016 07:45 #710126 by SWest