Bike cam 24 Sep 2016 16:49 #743436

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
Another ride into town.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bike cam 25 Sep 2016 14:55 #743527

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014

Bike cam 26 Sep 2016 18:53 #743657

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014

Bike cam 03 Oct 2016 15:56 #744368

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014

Bike cam 04 Oct 2016 15:47 #744483

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
This light again.

I decided to investigate.

YEP Looks manipulated to me.
Steve

Bike cam 05 Oct 2016 10:34 #744540

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
That light is whacky. As a driver/rider, you don't expect timing to be so erratic. That's dangerous.

Bike cam 05 Oct 2016 11:28 #744548

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
You're right. The way they have it set up if I managed to stop in time I could have a car drive up my a**. I wish I still had a friend in the CHP. He retired. I'll talk to TLMA about it. I still know some of those guys. Also if someone got a red light ticket, DHS could be sued.
Steve

Bike cam 05 Oct 2016 12:14 #744552

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
When they first installed red light cameras here they changed the amber light timing at at least one busy intersection so the light was only amber for around 1 second or less. This was in a 30mph zone. Nearly everyone (including me) got a ticket there the first time through, and I'm sure the county made tons of revenue. The only way not to be photoed going through the red was to slam on the brakes when the light turned amber. Making that amber timing so short created a very serious hazard. So many folks raised hell about it that they changed the amber timing back to a normal length of time. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Bike cam 05 Oct 2016 13:50 #744555

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Most cities abandoned them due to fraud. They're run by private companies. The only ones that remain are in cities that lean to the left on their policies. This city has lost it's PD three times I can remember. It's has been sued, council members arrested and scandals persist to this day. We in Sky Valley have to use their post office. We resent having DHS on our mail.
I dug out my California flag and hung it upside down in protest of the new laws just signed by our governor done without popular vote. It will stay this way until the election. If they prevail, I will take it down permanently. :angry:
Steve

Attachments:

Bike cam 06 Oct 2016 07:58 #744593

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615

650ed wrote: When they first installed red light cameras here they changed the amber light timing at at least one busy intersection so the light was only amber for around 1 second or less. This was in a 30mph zone. Nearly everyone (including me) got a ticket there the first time through, and I'm sure the county made tons of revenue. The only way not to be photoed going through the red was to slam on the brakes when the light turned amber. Making that amber timing so short created a very serious hazard. So many folks raised hell about it that they changed the amber timing back to a normal length of time. Ed

They ran that same scam here in Chicago. All sorts of hell broke out. Recently a judge ruled all of the red light tickets were invalid and should be refunded, people related to the red-light camera contract were indicted, the mayor was elected by saying he would remove some of the cameras... none of that seems to have made any difference. No one got a refund. The cameras are still there. And the camera companies are still in cohoots with the govt... business as usual.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Last edit: by loudhvx.

Re:Bike cam 06 Oct 2016 08:47 #744598

• GPzMOD750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
We had photocops back in the mid 90s. Caused a huge uproar.

They are now nearly completely illegal here due to them being a total affront to due process.

There is one exception, school zones. They have to be manned by sworn officers at OT pay and the fine can't be higher than a conventionally issued ticket. Therefore, there is no incentive for the crooks that run these systems to operate here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Bike cam 06 Oct 2016 11:00 #744609

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014

loudhvx wrote:

650ed wrote: When they first installed red light cameras here they changed the amber light timing at at least one busy intersection so the light was only amber for around 1 second or less. This was in a 30mph zone. Nearly everyone (including me) got a ticket there the first time through, and I'm sure the county made tons of revenue. The only way not to be photoed going through the red was to slam on the brakes when the light turned amber. Making that amber timing so short created a very serious hazard. So many folks raised hell about it that they changed the amber timing back to a normal length of time. Ed

They ran that same scam here in Chicago. All sorts of hell broke out. Recently a judge ruled all of the red light tickets were invalid and should be refunded, people related to the red-light camera contract were indicted, the mayor was elected by saying he would remove some of the cameras... none of that seems to have made any difference. No one got a refund. The cameras are still there. And the camera companies are still in cohoots with the govt... business as usual.

Trouble is the city has a contract with the company that provides the system. There is an estimated revenue coming from these systems. If the city breaks the contract they are on the hook for the lost money owed the company. In this case I suspect the city installed them and are operating them. I'm thinking on sending the clip to the local news station. They have a segment "Is there something broken in your community?"
This city has been known for it's shady deals in the past.
Steve