Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Bike cam 28 May 2016 17:37 #729021

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
All but the last few had patches. Most had rockers. The last ones were "prospects. Typical ""Pack" mentality. There's a HD dealer in that area. I've known a few from different clubs. They on their own are good guys. They all hate each other, clubs I mean. The people on the FWY were afraid of them. I had to split traffic to get up to them. As long as I held my place, I was OK. Doesn't give any of us good PR. I didn't want to be seen as one of them. The sport bike was a Ninja. He had wings on his back but not green like the rest. I never understood to be a man, you have to be surrounded by other men. Just not my style. :dry:
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bike cam 28 May 2016 18:07 #729024

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
We didn't have bike weekend last October because of what the "bikers" did in AZ last year. It's supposed to be for all makes but most were hogs. I hung out at the Hair of the Dog in 15. Just watched the action and had a beer. We need a vintage rally here and let them go somewhere else. B)
Steve

Attachments:

Last edit: by SWest. Reason: add pics

Bike cam 28 May 2016 19:25 #729027

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Thinking about gangs and what can happen, I remember when I was 23. I had come to LA for a short job and was staying at a friends place. I stopped at a liquor store for a QT of beer. My "friend" and chick were waiting for me in his car. I got off the bike and 4 Cholo's that were painting graffiti on the building came up to me calling me Vato. I knew there was trouble. The first one came at me with a smile on his face while the others got around me. I had been half way studying martial arts, so I snapped my hip and palm butted him right in the mouth. I still remember him flying back with bloody teeth. I managed to kick another in the chest and did a back spinning heel kick to the side of the one on my left's head but then all I knew was fists. I went down, rolled and got back up to get into the store. They caught me inside and one of them took a stamp machine, used it like a base ball bat, hit me in the face, (that's another reason I'm so pretty :lol: ), that was it. The witnesses said it didn't stop there. They kicked and stomped me until they got tired. My chick told me later my "friend" held her in the car and watched. :angry: I wound up in the hospital and couldn't work for over a week. I lost my job. Thinking back on it, I knew how to kill with one shot. Had I done that and gave the other one at least a broken knee, I would have had a better chance and dealing with the other two, if they were still there. :evil: That changed me. I wasn't as mean as I am now. I've had scrapes with "bikers" and the first thing I do is to hurt them BAD. I know when to fight and I know when to get the F outta Dodge. It wasen't fear that kept me from passing them, it was a healthy respect of what could have happened if I did. B)
Steve

Last edit: by SWest.

Bike cam 29 May 2016 17:00 #729133

• GPzMOD750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
That is an easy attitude to have in CA, UT has one of the highest rates of arms ownership in the country and the most carry permits too. Then we have vehicle carry laws as well. We'll have Constitutional carry as soon as we get the elitist RINO out of the Governor's office. What goes for standard harassment and thuggery on the left and liberal coast will earn you a toe tag here.

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.

Bike cam 29 May 2016 17:20 #729138

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
In the big cities the thugs know they can get away with it. There's a lot of open desert out here. :evil:
Steve

Bike cam 03 Jun 2016 13:33 #729889

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Another fun ride. B)
Steve

Bike cam 03 Jun 2016 15:00 #729902

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014

swest wrote: Coming home from my daughter's place in San Berdoo just past Chaparral I was overtaken by a pack of Vagos. They wouldn't let on the interchange to the 10 but I managed to get on it. As it met the 10 they tried to keep me on the off ramp. I found a hole and grabbed a hand full and merged to the passing lane. Two bikes were blocking that lane so all I could do was stay behind them. I could have passed them but that would mean I dissed them. Some wonder why I don't like HD's, this one good reason. :angry:

Had to drop behind traffic then catch up to them. Held my place until they turned off.
Cam was off when it started. Saving the battery when it started. I'll have to time it better next time. :whistle:
Steve

One thing I forgot to mention, my throttle grip started slipping. That made it difficult to use the power. The twist has ridges on it and it worked fine until then. :dry: Even though it was slipping and I had to keep moving my hand, Bossie did a pretty good showing of herself. I have some Grip Tight and put it on. Now I'll have to cut it off. :(
Steve

Bike cam 05 Jun 2016 12:57 #730189

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
I would of just went straight up the left side Steve - @160 KPH should have done the trick - pack of f**king outlaw wannabees who have far too many rules to be taken seriously
HDs are like arseholes - everybody has one :)
Mate came up on a gang many years ago doing the same thing (i was behind him) - taking up the whole f**king road - what did he do - well @260 KMH past them and considering they were doing @90 KMH i reckon i saw some shit come out the sides - scared the
f**k out of them. Very funny. I passed at about 180 B)
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Last edit: by Zephyrrider.

Bike cam 05 Jun 2016 16:55 #730219

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Thanks Mick. I thought about doing that but I was already 1 hour on my trip. They had just started. The last thing I wanted was to run out of fuel and face a pack of angry dogs. That club is known to be one of the most violent. Tangled with a few of them before. :dry:
I was much younger then and had a six pack on my belly. :whistle:
"Discretion is the better part of valor."
"Those that fight and run away, live to fight another day." B)
Steve

Bike cam 05 Jun 2016 19:34 #730234

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Got my tire. Not many bikes out this weekend. :unsure:
Steve

Bike cam 06 Jun 2016 07:22 #730271

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Took a peek at bags too. :whistle:
Steve

Bike cam 06 Jun 2016 12:34 #730301

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
Yer Steve - like a lot of people in their 20's - did a lot of dumb shit.I think the lot we passed back then were rebels or black uhlans.
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.