keeping the old kaw

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
26 Oct 2015 06:55 #696005 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic keeping the old kaw
I'd like to have a old Pan head Police bike.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2015 16:21 #696067 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic keeping the old kaw
I can't stand Harleys or any v-twin cruiser. Friend of mine has a 75 Z1 he bought new, and also a couple Harleys, an Indian, and numerous British bikes. I don't get attracted to any of them except the old Z1. He also got a new Honda CB1100 a couple years back and said it was the biggest heap of crap he ever bought. Now got a Vstrom and likes it a lot. His wife never says a word far as I know, and doesn't prefer the Harleys. Really doesn't care. Lucky for him I guess.
i suppose the new Harleys are decent enough, but at a glance I can't tell a new one from a 1980 model, but one night the wife and I rode one of the KZ650s to dinner, and there were the usual showing of Harleys as it was a bar/restaurant, There were three attempting to leave, don't know or care how old they were, but they were all 3 leaving the same time we were. All three of them would not start. They were all three cranking the engines, backfiring, sputtering. We rode away on the 30yr old KZ650, no problem. I don't wish bad luck to any rider, but pretty funny I thought.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
26 Oct 2015 16:40 #696073 by SWest
There's nothing wrong in having pride in your machine but all the snarkey comments about my riding a "rice burner"over the years has jaded me. I come up to a Hog or wannabe, I just pass by them. Funny how some moron will sneer at me while riding his fake Harley. :whistle:
Steve

More
27 Oct 2015 11:04 #696151 by pete greek1
Replied by pete greek1 on topic keeping the old kaw

swest wrote: There's nothing wrong in having pride in your machine but all the snarkey comments about my riding a "rice burner"over the years has jaded me. I come up to a Hog or wannabe, I just pass by them. Funny how some moron will sneer at me while riding his fake Harley. :whistle:
Steve

30-40 % of Harley parts are made in foreign countries, including Japan, China, Italy, Germany, ETC. & Harley had to stop using the stickers (made in America) on their bikes, to Assembled in America, ...so they're just FRANKENBIKES, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Pete

1980 LTD 1000..,1976 LTD 900, have the 1000&900 now. the rest are previous= 1978 KZ 650 B.., 1980 Yamaha XT 500..,1978 Yamaha DT 400.., 1977 Yamaha yz 80..,Honda trail ct 70.., Honda QA 50...5-1/2 hp brigs & straton CAT chopper mini bike...3-1/2 hp mini bike (WHEN GAS WAS ABOUT 45 CENTS A GALLON)!!!!

More
27 Oct 2015 12:40 - 27 Oct 2015 12:40 #696160 by PFD
Replied by PFD on topic keeping the old kaw
Get an old hard tail shovel or iron head and let her sit on a bare metal fender, no P pad. See how long it takes her to want to be back on the kawi.

Better a sister in the whorehouse, than a brother on a Harley. That's what I tell people that ask me why I ride jap bikes...

78 Kz1000A2, 77 Cb750K daily rider, pinstriper and signpainter
Last edit: 27 Oct 2015 12:40 by PFD.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
27 Oct 2015 12:51 #696164 by SWest

pete greek1 wrote:

swest wrote: There's nothing wrong in having pride in your machine but all the snarkey comments about my riding a "rice burner"over the years has jaded me. I come up to a Hog or wannabe, I just pass by them. Funny how some moron will sneer at me while riding his fake Harley. :whistle:
Steve

30-40 % of Harley parts are made in foreign countries, including Japan, China, Italy, Germany, ETC. & Harley had to stop using the stickers (made in America) on their bikes, to Assembled in America, ...so they're just FRANKENBIKES, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Pete

:woohoo: :woohoo:

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
27 Oct 2015 16:10 #696179 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic keeping the old kaw

pete greek1 wrote:

Steve

Pete

Hi Pete, Marty again. Seeing we are talkin about other Bikes. Here is that Mini Bike I whipped up for the grand daughter, soory it is sitting next to one of the AMF Harleys 75'. Only foriegn part is Showa lower fork legs.

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Attachments:

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
27 Oct 2015 16:34 #696182 by SWest

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
27 Oct 2015 16:40 #696185 by z1kzonly
So after this little guy was done. My stainless steel guy machinist friend. We been MAKING A MOTORCYCLE! Bob WAGNER decided to build a Wagner! This is a New, Wagner, Harley, 1982 Honda Ascot, brass kerosene torch. Used parts we had!
Wanted a 1 lunger. This Honda was available for the title. we used the neck for the VIN. Has 2 Harley 21" wide glide rims. machined the front hub. Used a 550 honda rear wheel hub for the brake. 2 set of custom made stainless spokes. everyother piece was had made! The headlight was the brass torch. Internal throttle grip. 1 brake the back. Just went 100 miles today 10-27. has a new york inspection. gas tank hand made has a solid brass screw cap filler. 12 volt electric system.
I painted all these parts with NASON single stage urethane, "slate gray" 1989 GMC truck color (a family thing! past deceased member)

So if you don't like other company's stuff, find a engine with a VIN. then buid your own cycle from scratch! This project took 3 years!
One of a kind in the world! How many guys can say this?
Just happened to be here at the right time. I know this is a wrong forum, but it works for me.
Hope some people appreciate this 2015 Wagner, 1982 honda, 1975 honda, 2010 Harley plus etc.
here are pics of the paint. and the finished product.
Thought I would share. Bob Wagner don't do the computer thing! He does not do digital pictures. I just had to!

Starts everytime!

More
27 Oct 2015 16:43 #696187 by pete greek1
Replied by pete greek1 on topic keeping the old kaw

z1kzonly wrote:

pete greek1 wrote:

Steve

Pete

Hi Pete, Marty again. Seeing we are talkin about other Bikes. Here is that Mini Bike I whipped up for the grand daughter, soory it is sitting next to one of the AMF Harleys 75'. Only foriegn part is Showa lower fork legs.

COOOOL. AWESUME, ....now all she needs is a matching helmet, ....not that I ever wore one, B) :laugh: :laugh:
Pete

1980 LTD 1000..,1976 LTD 900, have the 1000&900 now. the rest are previous= 1978 KZ 650 B.., 1980 Yamaha XT 500..,1978 Yamaha DT 400.., 1977 Yamaha yz 80..,Honda trail ct 70.., Honda QA 50...5-1/2 hp brigs & straton CAT chopper mini bike...3-1/2 hp mini bike (WHEN GAS WAS ABOUT 45 CENTS A GALLON)!!!!

• ThatGPzGuy
  • Sustaining Member
  • More Sparky than Speed Racer
More
27 Oct 2015 16:46 #696189 by ThatGPzGuy
Replied by ThatGPzGuy on topic keeping the old kaw
Very cool. I bet you get a lot of double-takes!

Jim
North GA
2016 Yamaha FJR1300ES
1982 GPz750 R1
1974 Kawasaki H1
1976 Kawasaki KZ400
1979 Yamaha XS650 cafe'
2001 KZ1000P
2001 Yamaha YZ426
1981 Honda XR200 stroked in an '89 CR125 chassis
1965 Mustang
1967 Triumph GT6
1976 Bronco
"If you didn't build it, it's not really yours"

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
27 Oct 2015 17:23 #696199 by z1kzonly

pete greek1 wrote:

z1kzonly wrote:

pete greek1 wrote:

Steve

Pete

COOOOL. AWESUME, ....now all she needs is a matching helmet, ....not that I ever wore one, B) :laugh: :laugh:
Pete

Yeah' I know Pete. I have a old white Buco 1/2 shell, But that ain't too safe! So Leighanna is only 7, so I think I am going to go with a full face for protection. I will paint the same white with blue stripes. might wait till next spring for her to drive it herself.
Every kid wants a "mini bike" at least in the 60's and 70's

Starts everytime!