Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Manual 14 Aug 2015 09:25 #685754

• GPzMOD750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148

swest wrote: Yeah and the ones that refuse to adjust the valves. "I don't have to do it on my car." :blink: "It was running OK last year", "It must be the carbs" etc, etc, You can't talk to someone that won't listen. :whistle:
Steve

Hey! Don't knock it! I saved thousands on my GPz because of that. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Manual 14 Aug 2015 10:22 #685760

• jakedude
  • User
  • Thank you received: 30
I have two manuals for my Kz1000p7. One from Kawasaki and the other from Haynes. I prefer the Kawasaki manual because the Haynes, in my opinion, gives strange or wrong instructions in some cases. So while I rely on the KZ manual I do look at the Haynes to provide further insight when confused. When that doesn't get me there I come to kzrider. This forum has been very helpful.

I would own the manual for no other reason then to know the specified torque values for nuts and bolts. In fact I generally use the torque value table in the front of the manual as the manual index. If there is a torque specified, the page that references this torque is given in the torque value table.

I did find a KZ manual PDF online. It's an older version than mine, but it is convenient because I can text search it. Once I find what I am looking for then look up the same section in my printed manual. In most cases the information given is the same.
Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.

Re:Manual 17 Dec 2015 10:47 #703368

• 750Kruzer
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm an exception to the rule. My bike only came w/ skimpy supplement (1983 KZ750 LTD K Twin) so.....

I did go into my tach and speedo meters blind last week and came out victorious. Made a thread on it too. Created a recent thread on accessing my cam cover as well and I live in an apt complex (no workshop)

I owe the ownership of my supplement to fellow Kawasaki enthusiasts on the internet. Great bunch of people. Getting the manual was one of my first official actions as a new owner. As others have said, its Cycling 101. Manuals are a necessity if one is concerned w/keeping a running bike much less staying safe
1983 KZ750 LTD Twin K1

Last edit: by 750Kruzer.

Manual 24 May 2016 20:22 #728347

• MadShad
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
I'm looking for a download of the 1980 kz650 manual that covers the F1, anybody have a link? Thanks!
Shelbyville, Indiana. '80 KZ1000
No more of that talk or I'll put the leeches on you, understand?

Manual kz1000 10 Feb 2017 06:22 #754037

• mrdatsunturbo
  • User
  • mrturbo Norway
  • Thank you received: 2
Who manual is best when it comes to fitting the engine back together? I think it's best with chapter for dismantling and assembly, but none of the manuals I've said it. you have to go opposite of dismantling and not always it is just as easy. Is there a check list where among members who are easy to follow? Been working on car engines but this is my first bike engine and there is more things, thinking about o-rings, washers ,sealants, non sealants . a short cut list maybe? need some advice here to get all parts inside engine on first try ;)

Manual kz1000 10 Feb 2017 06:50 #754040

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
I believe you will find the genuine Kawasaki Service Manual to be the best, Be sure to buy one for your bike's exact year and model as there are differences between models. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Manual kz1000 18 Dec 2018 09:25 #795359

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
I keep asking about having a manual but am being ignored while my question is quoted. :lol:
This thread says it all. :whistle:
Steve

Manual kz1000 20 Dec 2018 05:00 #795459

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511

mrdatsunturbo wrote: Who manual is best when it comes to fitting the engine back together? I think it's best with chapter for dismantling and assembly, but none of the manuals I've said it. you have to go opposite of dismantling and not always it is just as easy. Is there a check list where among members who are easy to follow? Been working on car engines but this is my first bike engine and there is more things, thinking about o-rings, washers ,sealants, non sealants . a short cut list maybe? need some advice here to get all parts inside engine on first try ;)

Don't know what bike you are referring to, hope this helps

78 KZ1000 A2A

Manual kz1000 01 Jan 2019 22:15 #796039

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
Still from time to time when I ask if the OP has a manual I get the ole Fish Eye or no answer at all. I generally refrain from contributing to the post after that. :whistle:
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: old_kaw, hardrockminer

Manual 01 Jul 2020 13:29 #829537

• HouseLudwig
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am looking for a place to buy a downloadable manual. I have found so many scam type downloads out there. I don't mind purchasing it, but reliable information is so hard to find these days. Can anyone point me toward a reliable source that I can purchase a downloadable manual for a 1978 Kawasaki KZ 200?

Please and thank you!

Manual 01 Jul 2020 17:52 #829564

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
Make life much easier on yourself and just buy a hard copy KZ200 Kawasaki Service Manual. They are much more usable than the downloadable manuals since you can easily use them right next to the bike. There are more than 80 of them for the KZ200 on eBay. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Manual 02 Jul 2020 15:34 #829635

• BCScott
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 97

650ed wrote: Make life much easier on yourself and just buy a hard copy KZ200 Kawasaki Service Manual. They are much more usable than the downloadable manuals since you can easily use them right next to the bike. There are more than 80 of them for the KZ200 on eBay. Ed

+1 It's nice to have the Service Manual beside the bike. I also like having post-its tabbing the pages I use regularly.
Back in the saddle and loving it! KZ1000A1