84 KZ 550 LTD shaft

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
20 Jun 2015 15:43 #677490 by SWest
84 KZ 550 LTD shaft was created by SWest
Well, Bossie's little sister just sold. :( After a month of tire kickers and my neighbor Welshing on a deal, she's gone. :unsure:
The guy drove down from the high desert to pick it up. I started it on 1/4 choke and let it idle a few seconds and he was sold. Put $600 in my hand and took it up and down the street. He was gooseing it a little coming back. He said he was checking out the carbs, that someone had worked on them, I said, I did. Cleaned them, put them on my mercury gauges and dialed them in. He had a big smile on his face.
I hate to see her go but that's what I picked it up for. Now for the next project. B)
Steve

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2015 04:21 #678583 by Topper
Replied by Topper on topic 84 KZ 550 LTD shaft
You gave him a sweetheart of a deal!

Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
28 Jun 2015 05:48 #678585 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic 84 KZ 550 LTD shaft
Yeah, It didn't look like it was going to sell. It's a hard market out there. Lots of low ballers and tire kickers not to mention scam artists. I thought it best to just flip it and go on my way. I had one guy call my cell and tell me he wasn't interested in buying my Z1, he just wanted to know where I park it. I told him I have a 44 lead pill waiting for him. :evil:
The other guy seemed to really need it. He said the money went to something else, that's why he didn't resopnd to my e-mail offering to deliver it for gas money. " I F'ed up." :( I figured he was just waiting to see if I would drop the price more. We agreed on the price but then nothing. :huh: I sold it to the first one with the money. :whistle: Too bad, sounded like he really needed it. :dry:
Steve