New videos

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
12 Mar 2015 15:52 #664232 by SWest
New videos was created by SWest
Spotted a cute blond in a sports car but the slug in the passing lane wouldn't let me by. Someone yelled at me but I didn't hear him.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2015 16:56 #664247 by spdygon
Replied by spdygon on topic New videos
nice to see you figure out the vid cam..... but i have questions about your driving.
i seen your other videos and all seam like you are speeding around...is it just me or are the other cars not driving the speed limit?
on this Video you crossed three lane at once...that is a no no.
if other drivers are on the fast lane and doing the speed limit....i respect them and give them space.
it may be me but looks like you driving around kind of reckless...
and thats why they hate us

1982 GS1000sz Katana ( #15...17K Miles)
1982 GS1000sz Katana ( # 297....7100k Miles)
1978 Kz1000 Z1R. 10K Miles1
1978 kz1000 z1r 27k miles
1977 KZ 1000 A ( Project ) 54K Miles
1976 Kz900A4 (Red)21K miles
1976 Kz900A4 ( Red)7500 miles
1974 Z1 900 project

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
12 Mar 2015 17:10 #664250 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic New videos
They are driving slower. It's called the passing lane and that's what is there for. Once I get up to speed, I move over to the # 2 lane. On Interstate 10, people are doing 80+. I try to stay at 70 or 75 depending how fast traffic is going. I do use the power to get there. I set my cruse control and ride after that. The pass you're talking about, I signaled, went to the #2 lane, then the #3, waited for a hole, then passed. What you didn't see is all the backed up traffic behind that guy. He finally moved over and I was passed by a chain of them. I got off a mile later.
Your point is well taken though.
Steve

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
12 Mar 2015 21:39 #664276 by SWest
Here's another one on 1000 PLMS CYN RD. The guys at TLMA know me and the bike. I worked with them on our roads. They can't do anything but patch this road and they do it all the time.
Steve

More
12 Mar 2015 22:38 - 12 Mar 2015 22:40 #664285 by Zephyrrider
Replied by Zephyrrider on topic New videos
How old was the blonde Steve
What revs are getting your bike to - i know you said the sound is distorted but sounds like you are giving it a thrashing in parts
Was the freeway you on going to west coast ?
What program are you using for your vids now.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.
Last edit: 12 Mar 2015 22:40 by Zephyrrider.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Mar 2015 05:10 #664294 by SWest
The blond was in her early 20's. I was heading East toward Arizona. 80/90 is common through there. The speed limit is 70 all the way to AZ. I'm cruising at around 4000 RPM at 70. With the tall gearing I have to drop down to get into my power band. As you can see, there's mostly open road out here and to my daughters 1 1/2 hours away.
Mick, you said you have limited band width? My daughter has Hughs Net and they started out great but they throttled it down after having her sign a 2 year contract. They do that to everybody. I had Verizon and dial up. I fired Verizon and got what I have now. $44'95 a month, 100 MPS, not limits, Majic Jack for $40 a year and Roku for Net Flix and a lot of free programming. I got tired of Verizon finding ways to charge me $100 a month for nothing.
I'm using the program you suggested but Real Player keeps trying to butt in.
Steve

More
13 Mar 2015 05:18 #664295 by Zephyrrider
So speed limit over there is 70/110 in most places -
mostly 55/100 here except near capital cities- roads in country are too crap too go any faster anyway
Bandwidth is kinda ok - supposedly 100 mps but nowhere near that in reality - i only have 5 gig a month to play with - costs me $30 /month which is very cheap here
So you are using VLC but real player is cutting in - did you have to DL it with VLC Steve.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Mar 2015 06:18 #664304 by SWest
What do you mean by DL? 70 MPH is the top speed out here. A lot of old people doing 55, staying in the passing lane and trying to keep others from passing. Road Rage is getting worse. Now that illegals can have a drivers licence, all hell is going to break loose. I've driven in Mexico. It's nuts. I try to stay away from idiots and use the power to find an open spot, stay put and let them pass by. Even in the #2/3 lane I get some prick riding my ass. Drop down to 3 RD, grab a hand full, leave him in my fumes and find a position between a couple cars or big rigs until that jerk goes away.
Just before Banning heading E, some Nimrod in a new Charger started chasing me down. I was at 70 in a 65 minding my own business when he was on my ass. I punched it and got out of his way but he came along side of me and started moving into my lane. THAT'S IT, I dropped down and powered through the gears. Those Chargers are quick. I found a hole between two big rigs, the guy passed and was talking on a radio. He got off at the next off ramp. About a mile down a CHP was on the shoulder with his break lights on. I passed by at 70, he didn't follow. I see this SHT all the time thus the cam. I want one on my helmet like the small one pictured here.
People seem to be meaner by the day. Maybe it seems this way because I hadn't ridden in 15 years but I don't remember it being this bad.
Steve

More
13 Mar 2015 15:43 #664351 by Zephyrrider
DL -download.
Those idiots going slow in the passing are the ones cops should be booking - an accident just waiting to happen.
The roads around here are all only 2 lane with the occassional overtaking lane.
Need something like one of those new H2s for knobends like that one in the charger although i wouldn't be able to ride it very far - too bloody uncomfortable i would think.
Yep people are meaner /unfriendlier compared to 20/30 years ago - i have never stopped riding in 33 years and you are right about that one Steve.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Mar 2015 18:56 #664360 by SWest
I have 100 MPS. It's a small company run by one guy. He has repeters out here in different places. I refer everyone I know to him.
People were getting this way before 911. When that happened, I stopped getting sneered at by ethnics. People seemed to care more. It didn't last long. I'd like to see Vids from everyone else. Good way to see other parts of the country/world.
Steve

More
14 Mar 2015 05:37 - 14 Mar 2015 15:44 #664380 by Zephyrrider
No change in peoples unfriendliness towards each other from 11 -9 here Steve - narcissism and lack of empathy is the growing problem i believe - of course it has always been here but seems to be getting worse - really sucks big time.

Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2015 15:44 by Zephyrrider.

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
14 Mar 2015 06:13 #664382 by SWest
There's a term we use in LE. Nimrod. Famous ancient King. A person that does things because it's wrong or bad. It's also supposed to one of the signs of the end times. All I know is when I see one of these pieces of SHT getting caught, it's always "I didn't do it, It's not me", etc as they're hauled off kicking and screaming. My sister looted our mother's estate. She and her Lawyer stone walled me until I asked for a court investigation. They closed the estate and gave me a pittance of what I was due. She stole $30,000 and I have the proof. Every year she wants to have Christmas with my family. "You should have thought about that before you did what you did" I tell her. 400 miles away, alone and broke. She doesn't understand why we won't deal with her. That's the way people are now and why they are so unhappy. I see them coming and walk away in disgust. I have my daughter, granddaughters and soon to be son in law. The rest can FK off.
Steve