Jets

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
29 Nov 2014 07:39 #654911 by SWest
Jets was created by SWest
I hate to say this but I feel I have to. I have been ordering jets, shims and other parts from this site for a year now. When I did my valve job about three weeks ago I ordered shims because the ones I had were tight and expected the valves to seat in. Wouldn't have been a problem but my order never came. It was 11/14/14. I e-mailed Mike at jetsrus and asked for a tracking # 3 days after my order. Payment was through Pay Pal and a tracking # is provided but this time it wasn't. He responded like he didn't know who I was. I had asked him for a phone # but was told he does business on line only. I never got my order and yesterday I warped a valve due to it being too tight. I filed a case with Pay Pal but the damage is already done. I've been recommending this guy on this forum and now I take it back. Too bad. In the past it's been a good place to get parts. We'll see how he responds to my claim. Mean while I'm pulling down the head and put in a new valve.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
29 Nov 2014 08:22 #654916 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Jets
Bummer. :(
I've ordered from Jets R Us quite a few times for all kinds of jets. Never a problem at all, So Far. :whistle:

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
29 Nov 2014 12:00 #654925 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Jets
Got a reply back stating he didn't have one of the more common shims. He asked if I want him to send the others and I said yes and asked why wasn't I notified of the delay, could have gotten it locally. Mistakes happen but I don't care if I'm a PITA I'm going to be ON IT from now on.
Steve

More
29 Nov 2014 17:05 #654937 by ezrider714
Replied by ezrider714 on topic Jets
Seriously From a place called jets r us the only thing I'd be buying is jets :blink:
I'd never would have run the engine without the correct shims, to give me the clearance I was looking for :huh:

78 KZ650SR Mine since 79
4-1 Mac Jet Hot coated since mid 80's
Dyna Coils
Saddlebags (I ain't skeered of going nowhere) :)

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
29 Nov 2014 17:25 #654939 by SWest
Go to the site. They have everything. I've had good luck with them. The clearances were at spec. but the valves will seat in. I expected that. BTW, I didn't have a warped valve. On one of the cam towers three bolts stripped their threads. After all it's a 40 year old head. I have Heli coils and fixed them and should be on the road tomorrow. Found three tight valves and set them a little loose. The ones I ordered were to be gnat's ass. He wants me to close the dispute, then he will ship. Next time I won't be so patient.
Steve

• SWest
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
01 Dec 2014 06:15 #655037 by SWest
Well I got a e-mail from Mike at jetsrus. He wanted me to close the dispute and he will ship my order. I called Pay Pal and they told me to escalate it. I didn't, I closed it. Soon after I got a e-mail saying my order is being shipped and I'm getting a refund on one shim they didn't have. That was yesterday after noon. This morning I noticed a credit on my card but also a debit for $6.95 too. Now who is screwing up here? I think it's Pay Pal. They get a % of all sales.
I am a buyer and seller on eBay and Pay Pal. They don't miss a trick to generate fees. Just like WF did to me for 20 years until I fired them. What the hell, $6.95? Most people would not notice it or ignore it. Think about it, 10% of $6.95 x ?ooo+= ????? Not a bad way to make money if your crooked. If someone barks, give them back their 6 bucks. You still have the 10% from the seller no matter what. Welcome to corporate America.

Jets R Us is a fine site, they have an astonishing line of products. The Dealer wants $20 for a shim. Chaparral wants $11.99. Jetsrus gets $6.95 plus shipping. You need floats? They have them as well as carb boots, jets, needles and it goes on and on. Yes some items are expensive but I live 20 miles from the nearest Dealer and they have to order it too. It's nice to have what I need come to my door.

So Mike at Jets R Us, You're back on my #1 supplier list.
Steve