paypal transaction

More
22 Oct 2013 20:49 #610877 by KZJOE900
Replied by KZJOE900 on topic paypal transaction
Man, martin_csr took the words right out of my mouth. Did the message have a Nigerian accent? LOL! I got one of those messages for a boat I'm selling. Something about sending a certified check by FedEx and wanting my address and other information, bla, bla, bla. Was supposed to be someone from N.Y. Horrible grammar which read like someone from a country with a poor educational system. Just showed the email to my wife for a laugh proceeded to trashed it. Thought about reporting it, but figured I had noway to prove the person's intentions.

DANGER! DANGER! Will Robinson!

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2013 11:34 - 23 Oct 2013 15:50 #610930 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic paypal transaction

KZJOE900 wrote: Man, martin_csr took the words right out of my mouth. Did the message have a Nigerian accent? LOL! .....

Just to clarify, the foreigner in my example actually drove the car to his shop & the repair shop owner physically met the guy, so this wasn't an internet scam. I don't know how it turned out for him, so I have no idea if he recouped any of his losses from the bank or cc co. The point is that assets are at risk if you link pp or a cc or whatever to your bank account.
Last edit: 23 Oct 2013 15:50 by martin_csr.

More
23 Oct 2013 16:06 #610951 by ahernandez74
Replied by ahernandez74 on topic paypal transaction
It's definitely a scam, if you google it... It's actually quite common. I guess when you directly put your phone number on craigslist, it makes it a lot easier for scammers to just search and find it.

More
23 Oct 2013 23:49 #610985 by steell
Replied by steell on topic paypal transaction
Every one of those that I get off CL starts out with "I wish to purchase your item".

Hope the scammers never get smart :laugh:

KD9JUR