And Life Is Good!

• saxjonz
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • KawboyZ
More
26 Sep 2013 15:12 #607894 by saxjonz
And Life Is Good! was created by saxjonz
This morning on my way to work I saw a rarity. On the corner of 55th and Pulaski a very healthy beautiful specimen of 100% full blooded badass rolling on two wheels: a midnight blue KZ1000 with a healtgy sounding kerker. It looked like a new bike. You don't see that often, especially here in Chicago in the morning. A city full of millions of people and rarely do you see these bikes looking better than new let alone raggedy examples.
If this was anyone on this board, we need to hang out and ride. Never will there be another to replace this model. People are too interested in transformers and retro harley wannabes to understand. Wish I had a pic to post. Hope I see this guy so I can thank him for bringing history back to life. ;)

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2013 23:57 #607952 by zukdave
Replied by zukdave on topic And Life Is Good!
You sure your not here in Austin ?
I'm one of about six ride ready KZ's here
that I know of.

Lot's of zuki's, honda's and yamaha's but
just not a lot of KZ's of any size.

1980 KZ650 F1
ZX750A1 motor.
Wiseco 810cc kit.
Zukiworks racing ported head.
VM 29 smooth bore's.
Dyna 2000 Ign. w/Dyna mini coil's
APE cylinder stud's and nut's.
APE valve spring's.
APE Track King clutch.
V/H KZ1000 sidewinder.
3.5x18 laced to a KZ1000 disk hub.
150/60/18 Shinko 006 Podium.
63" wheel base.

• saxjonz
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • KawboyZ
More
27 Sep 2013 00:50 #607954 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic And Life Is Good!
Not saying we don't have them here, just saying that most of them look well worn and definitely none that I have seen on the way to work in the last 11 years, usually they are running in the afternoon or weekend. I think it's great that people restore them and then ride them daily. To me that is a clear cut sign of a rider who can't see a beautiful bike go to waste sitting in garage and occasionally getting out to see the sunlight. This was totally beautiful like mine is gonna be if I ever get the last few parts on her. I am totally tapped financially so I think it's gonna have to wait for the winter time to finish up. Bike is gonna be a looker for sure though. Everything has a fresh polish or powdercoat on it and the seat is a nice leather corbin and all of the parts are either like new in condition or new. Just wait, you will all be pleased.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200