how in the hell do i do this?

• Kitten Tooth
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 Mar 2012 06:00 #508499 by Kitten Tooth
Replied by Kitten Tooth on topic how in the hell do i do this?

Zedone wrote: K.Tooth,

Motocross bikes are an excellent tool for your riding skills. Maybe you already have a background on dirt. The best way to learn how to wheelie is on a dirtbike (nice & light) out in a soft grassy field somewhere. Always try to go out riding with someone who has more skills than you (you can learn tons this way). And expect to crash, this is a part of the learning curve, once you master offroad biking you can wheelie pretty much anything. It's an excellent platform for street riding and for AMA/GP track racing.... all the masters have backgrounds in dirt and flat track, Eddie Lawson / Scott Russell / ect. ect.

These big block Kaws are porky to say the least... its best to learn wheelies on something light yet has some snot to it.

Here are a few helpers

1. Always wear full gear
2. Never have any alcohol in your system
3. Never wheelie with a passenger

It's cool to see younger guys that are interested in the Z1 & KZ's
Cheers, Doug

Thats what i was thinking too. I did have that Lifan 100 but it was a 4 stroke and it didnt have 3rd gear. I learned alittle bit about riding wheelies after pulling the front end up but all i have here is asphalt... or the alley next to my house with lots of sharp gravel :D not too good to learn on. I can pull them with a crotch rocket like they're nothing.. but crotch rockets are expensive Just to learn on and the bike wasnt even mine, The owner just told me to pull one. Gotta say, i do like 2006 CBR600s all i gotta say is DAMN. I will never ride with even one beer in me. Ill always wear a helmet, and i will never do a wheelie (on purpose) with somebody on my bike. Im thinking this summer ill probably be getting a good dirtbike to mess around with though since i got a job now.

1981 Kawasaki KZ1000-K LTD
1983 Suzuki GS300L-D
1982 Suzuki GS300L-Z sold:(
1976 KZ400D3
1973 Z900... I WISH

DO A BARREL ROLL!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kitten Tooth
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 Mar 2012 06:03 #508500 by Kitten Tooth
Replied by Kitten Tooth on topic how in the hell do i do this?
Well, i didnt get my bike finished in time to ride yesterday. When i woke up, my dad tossed me his keys and told me to warm his bike up... then he said to blow the cobwebs out for him :D my dad rocks. Anyways, i went for a pretty good ride by myself around my neighborhood.

1981 Kawasaki KZ1000-K LTD
1983 Suzuki GS300L-D
1982 Suzuki GS300L-Z sold:(
1976 KZ400D3
1973 Z900... I WISH

DO A BARREL ROLL!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.