Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 11:56 #582796

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
  • Thank you received: 1

There are 3 riders in IA, I think from Ottumwa all the way west to the Nebraska border. Then south into Kansas, Again multiple riders to cover that state. Then south west to New Mexico. That ends leg 3.

:(

It APPEARS that Canada is out of the loop AGAIN !!! New Mexico is a hell of a long way from ANYWHERE in Canada, unfortunately. Unless SOMEONE pulls their head out and bins that southwest direction of leg 3 we western Canadians will be left out in the cold on this whole thing.
Apparently the US folks do NOT care a bit about the western Canadian members of this board.
I stand to be corrected and welcome all corrections/clarifications from our US friends.....but right now things look "non-inclusive" for us "Canuckistanians".

Where you from, Calgary ?

Yep.....but I'll also be in Saskatchewan and BC this summer so can help in either/both of those
provinces........but as posted above it appears that I won't have to worry about carrying the flag anytime soon......if at all. :(
KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by H2RICK.

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 19:44 #582853

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

cregmanz1 wrote: I'm here to cover Manitoba out of Winnipeg.I could pick up or drop off south as far as Fargo or roughly the same distance east or west of Winnipeg.We still got snow up here and it's f.....g cold.I'm away all of may,after i'm in.

THERE you are! :laugh: I knew there was a Winnepegger in this group. You gotta post more than once or twice a year to be noticed. ;) If the glaciers haven't receded I can change te route a bit to include you later in the season. I expect to get the flag this weekend if the rain lets up. Then several Wisconsin riders. I was planning on sending the flag up north toward Minneapolis after Wisconsin but it may be too early for you. It would probably be in May. If the flag doubles back to go through eastern Iowa first then north to Minneapolis and the Dakotas you would get it in warmer weather and you might be there! Where you gonna be in May?
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 19:50 #582856

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

H2RICK wrote:

There are 3 riders in IA, I think from Ottumwa all the way west to the Nebraska border. Then south into Kansas, Again multiple riders to cover that state. Then south west to New Mexico. That ends leg 3.

:(

It APPEARS that Canada is out of the loop AGAIN !!! New Mexico is a hell of a long way from ANYWHERE in Canada, unfortunately. Unless SOMEONE pulls their head out and bins that southwest direction of leg 3 we western Canadians will be left out in the cold on this whole thing.
Apparently the US folks do NOT care a bit about the western Canadian members of this board.
I stand to be corrected and welcome all corrections/clarifications from our US friends.....but right now things look "non-inclusive" for us "Canuckistanians".

Where you from, Calgary ?

Yep.....but I'll also be in Saskatchewan and BC this summer so can help in either/both of those
provinces........but as posted above it appears that I won't have to worry about carrying the flag anytime soon......if at all. :(

Canuckistan has never been out of the loop! You're in Calgary, way too far west for the 3rd leg. The top of the Rocky Mountain leg is where you fit in. Link14 is planning that portion. I'm wondering who is going into Saskatchewan. Any volunteers?
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 20:13 #582861

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Make sure you guys give TomW your info. and especially a phone number !!!

You are not forgotten ! the flag moves at it's own pace, please be patient.

Tom , sending the flag to East Iowa sounds like a great idea, that would give Saxjonz, Forrest and me another chance to ride along, I may just get some cheese curds yet :woohoo:
78 KZ1000 A2A

Last edit: by bluej58.

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 20:29 #582863

• jeffasaki
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
im gonna take some time off this summer
and im not afraid to ride anywhere
if it needs to be done it shall be done
78 Z1R
78 KZ1000
76 KH500 gone
71 HS1B 90
81 GS 1100 gone
80 PE400
02 KLR

Ontario Canada

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 20:35 #582865

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
You the man Jeff B) B) B) B) B)
78 KZ1000 A2A

Canadian Relayers? 18 Apr 2013 10:11 #582944

• cregmanz1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

THERE you are! I knew there was a Winnepegger in this group. You gotta post more than once or twice a year to be noticed.

THERE you are! I knew there was a Winnepegger in this group. You gotta post more than once or twice a year to be noticed.

Yeah I know,but often there aren't enough hours left at the end of the day.That's not the best excuse but it is how it is..Also i've had trouble for a while with the login to the forum.

If the glaciers haven't receded I can change te route a bit to include you later in the season.
Where you gonna be in May?

I'm going to Germany for my summer holidays.
Just this morning i woke up with the idea taking the flag with me to Germany and pass it around to my Z-Kawi buddys there.It is a very active Z community over there and since it is a"small"country the travel distances are often much shorter to your buddys.Too bad the time to arrange this is running out,i'm leaving may 1.
Rainer

Winnipeg,MB

Last edit: by cregmanz1.

Canadian Relayers? 27 Apr 2013 17:48 #584279

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member

bluej58 wrote: You guys got anyone that can do Manitoba :huh:

bump :huh:
78 KZ1000 A2A

Canadian Relayers? 28 Apr 2013 16:04 #584469

• H2RICK
  • User

I'm wondering who is going into Saskatchewan. Any volunteers?

I will be in Saskatchewan for 2 old-bike rallies this summer.....one at Biggar, SK on Aug 3/4
and then one in Gravelbourg, SK the following weekend Aug 9/10/11. After the second rally, I'll be heading back to Calgary.
How about it, you stubble jumpers ??? Anyone up for carrying the flag in Saskatchewan ??

Canadian Relayers? 29 Apr 2013 10:16 #584621

• cregmanz1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
KZ250LTD was in for Saskatchewan,but maybe has lost interest or whatever.
I'm ok with meeting a sask rider half way to Regina or maybe Yorkton when i'm back from holidays in June.
Rainer

Winnipeg,MB

Canadian Relayers? 05 Jul 2013 13:58 #595149

• H2RICK
  • User
Well, it seems that the flag is stalled in the US mid-west somewhere and is not looking like it's going to move any time soon. Soooooo.......barring a miracle, it ain't gonna make it back into Canada THIS season. I guess it's time to start planning for NEXT season.....maybe.;)

Canadian Relayers? 05 Jul 2013 14:21 #595153

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
wow...forgot this thread too
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife