Harley davidson or vulcan

More
12 Apr 2012 01:54 #515356 by Roca
Replied by Roca on topic Harley davidson or vulcan
My dad rides a '96 road king. My mom rides a Honda VTX trike. My brother is looking at a 2012 Honda CBR 250 with all the bells and whistles. Ad for myself a 1980 kz550c Ltd custom I'm working into a konged bobber. So if you like the ride then buy it.

1980 KZ550-C2 LTD Custom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dano83-1100
  • User
  • 1983 KZ1100 LTD
More
12 Apr 2012 10:46 - 12 Apr 2012 11:02 #515406 by dano83-1100
Replied by dano83-1100 on topic Harley davidson or vulcan
I'm a newbie to this forum, but I've been riding since 1991. My first bike was a 250 twin suzuki, it lasted about 2 months and puked oil all over the street. I then bought a Kawasaki 440 ltd from a friend...Loved that bike, sold it for $100 less than I bought it for after two years and bought a yamaha XS 850 triple. (the love of my life and most enjoyable ride ever.) It had 10K on the clock when I bought it, and I had that bike for over eight years until the petcocks started to rust out, the carb boots were starting to crack and it had over 90K miles on it. Sold it and bought an 83 virago 920 (square headlight digital dash...complete crap. but it got me in the wind.) I had an accident and sold that bike and the same year bought a 81 GS1100...this bike was my first "big bike" with chain drive. I named it "death on a stick"...way more power than I was really wanting and it had the worst electrical problems ever. Sold it to a collector and bought an older goldwing. The Gold wing was nice but being older looked a lot like crap. It was fun having tunes! The regulator/rectifier went haywire...sold that bike and bought an 86 Virago 750 or 700 don't remember which. Sold that bike for a drumset so I could play drums at a festival for a friend of mine who was opening for the Gatlin brothers. Until this year it was my last bike. 8 years no wheels...this spring I bought an 83 KZ1100 LTD shaft.

I haven't put many miles on it, but it's slowly working on me. I love the power and the low end torque. It pulls hard and keeps right up with any v-max, power cruiser any year and make. It's pretty cool!

As you can tell from my post I don't really have any brand loyalty. I am sure a Harley could have easily been in the picture if they weren't so damn expensive to buy and maintain.

I really enjoy the wind in my face and the sun on my cheeks, the cool crisp night wind on my chin after a really hot summer day, trolling main street, or winding through back road twisties...I just love the ride.

I am a Christian, I believe in God, and I truly believe that motorcycles are His way of saying, "I love my people and I want them to be happy." I have never ever felt closer to God or nature or whatever than when i am on a bike. I am less and He is more. There is no denying the beauty of this world when you are on a bike. In the mountains, by the ocean, or near a river, or goign through the woods. I feel closer to it all, and it's completely different than being in a car, or a convertable, or whatever. It's just different. It's the closest thing to flying without leaving the ground. It's something that we all have in common, because if you haven't been on a bike...you just don't know. Try to tell someone who has never tasted a strawberry what it tastes like...if I have to explain it, you just won't get it.

All this BS about this brand or that brand or his attitude or whatever...it all is crap. none of it matters when you hit the throttle and come up over a sharp hill and catch some air...it really dosen't matter when you feel that thrill which make or model it is...whether you have the newest or the coolest...it's the expereince. For me it's the getting there...it's the ride man...I could care less about how I look, or who I am seen with. (I look pretty goofy too, bugs all in my teeth from having a grin on my face a mile wide.) can you really be grumpy when you are on two wheels? I can't. Sorry for taking up so much time and space...I don't get along with everyone all the time...but when I meet a brother or a sister on the road and he's on two wheels and I'm on two wheels, whether it's a harley or a sport bike, when we wave at each other, we know for that moment...yea that's right I know.
Last edit: 12 Apr 2012 11:02 by dano83-1100.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Away
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
12 Apr 2012 16:13 #515447 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Harley davidson or vulcan
Boy Oh Boy
So many different opinions on Bikes.
American vs Metric, Racing vs Crusers, V twin vs Inline 4s.
As a life long rider on the strip, street and dirt Ive lived thru more than my share of opinionated debates and arguments.
In Arizona I was active with the Modified Motorcycle Association which has the purpose of uniting all brothers and sisters who ride to protect our rights from being taken away by our government. Not just helmet laws, but emmision testing of motorcycles,and closings of public lands to trail riders to mention a few. The lesson I learned from being part of the MMA was that we are stronger as a group than as a bunch of individuals screaming for our pet causes.
We as a group welcomed ALL RIDERS. Dirt, Harleys and cruisers, and Rocketships.
Im far from being considered a tree hugger or into group hugs but really people.
As believers of the healing powers of getting out in the wind and to further the sport of motorcycling encourage all who can safely ride their bikes to join you on a ride and spread the word of the pleasure to be found out for a spin on your scooter.
Yes I now primarily ride my Harley bagger as it suits my abused body for comfort, but I love to get out on my Turbo LTD and raise Hell as well.
Each has strong merits depending on the ride I plan. My son who is very fit loves riding my Kaw next to me on a family ride , and every so often he cranks up some boost and leaves me in his dust , but even he complains about long rides without stopping as the Kaw just cant compete for long touring with my bagger.
We can all enjoy a little fun ribbing about rice burners and geezer glides but it only helps our sport to encourage all to ride and not care who or what is riding in our group.
I leave you with the quote I believe is appropriate

FOUR WHEELS MOVE THE BODY

TWO WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL

DAVE

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: dano83-1100