I need some sense talked into me...

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
15 Nov 2011 14:30 #488604 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic I need some sense talked into me...
IS THIS A PRIVATE DEAL?
IS IT AN ONLINE AUCTION?
WHAT KIND OF MONEY IS BEING DISCUSSED?
IF THEY ARE VERY NICE, YOU HOLD THE MONEY! WORK HIM.
RICK HARRISON "PAWN STARS" WOULD GIVE HIM A 1/3RD OF HIS AKING PRICE.
NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE BUYING NOWADAYS.
I COULD NOT SELL 5 BIKES LAST 2 -3 WEEKS FOR $7,500.
INVEST! THE WORLD ECOMOMY HAS TO REBOUND IN A FEW YEARS.
IT WILL BE WORTH MORE TO SOMEONE IN THE WORLD SOMEDAY.

JUST DON'T WATCH A RE-RUN OF THE MAD MAX ORIGINAL MOVIE.
THAT'S THE SCENERIO OF THE GLASS 1/2 EMPTY.
WHAT WE WILL BE DOING SOON.
LIKE THAT OLD VALVOLINE OIL COMMERCIAL SAID,
"SOME PEOPLE GO TO THEIR SHRINK"
"SOME GO OUT IN THE GARAGE" IT WAS A GUY UNDER A 68 CHEVELLE, WRENCHIN' ON HIS BACK.
JUST MY OPINION. I HAVE BEEN THERE OVER THE YEARS.

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mtbspeedfreak
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
15 Nov 2011 14:51 #488606 by mtbspeedfreak
Replied by mtbspeedfreak on topic I need some sense talked into me...
Crap... See, I wouldn't be getting these bikes to RIDE as I do now... Once or twice a month, maybe to a bike night or show every year... it'd be an investment with the intent of keeping for quite a while.

I have no wife, no kids, and no mortgage. :evil:

The guy has a dozen of Kawasaki's most desirable models all lined up in his garage, he was a mechanic for several decades and wound up with a collection that is not rivaled anywhere. I'm just trying to think if it'd be worth it or not to buy a bike, or two, that I wouldn't ride all that often.

2000 ZRX 1100
1976 KZ 900- Daily Driver
1980 LTD 550- Dalton Highway survivor!

If it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems!

More
15 Nov 2011 15:02 #488610 by T_Dub
Replied by T_Dub on topic I need some sense talked into me...
Do it!

1977 KZ650B1
-810cc
-Cavanaugh Racing Head
-Mikuni RS34's
-GPR Muffler

More
15 Nov 2011 15:11 #488611 by peter1958
Replied by peter1958 on topic I need some sense talked into me...
Go get them and keep them at your moms so I can ride them once in awhile and send you pictures :woohoo:

More
15 Nov 2011 15:59 #488617 by SPARKY47
Replied by SPARKY47 on topic I need some sense talked into me...
You only live once.
Your ears will recover the inevitable "YOU DID WHAT"?
Get them. B)

1980 KZ500 B2

More
15 Nov 2011 16:05 #488619 by Mookachacka
Replied by Mookachacka on topic I need some sense talked into me...

mtbspeedfreak wrote: Crap... See, I wouldn't be getting these bikes to RIDE as I do now... Once or twice a month, maybe to a bike night or show every year... it'd be an investment with the intent of keeping for quite a while.

The guy has a dozen of Kawasaki's most desirable models all lined up in his garage, he was a mechanic for several decades and wound up with a collection that is not rivaled anywhere. I'm just trying to think if it'd be worth it or not to buy a bike, or two, that I wouldn't ride all that often.

IMO they are a solid investment, but I guess it some what boils down to what he's asking for the one/two bikes. The TC is the rarer bike, but maybe less known and thus less disired. The ELR on the other hand, well if you know who Eddie Lawson is then you know the bike.

I'm not familiar with market prices in the US for these bikes, since the '82 ELR was never offered here in Europe, and not the TC kitted Z1R's either (what I know of), so have no idéa what these could go for. In Europe a '83 Z1000R is about 1500-3000$, a regular Z1R ~ 3000$.

More
15 Nov 2011 16:40 #488622 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic I need some sense talked into me...

Mookachacka wrote:

mtbspeedfreak wrote: Crap... See, I wouldn't be getting these bikes to RIDE as I do now... Once or twice a month, maybe to a bike night or show every year... it'd be an investment with the intent of keeping for quite a while.

IMO they are a solid investment, but I guess it some what boils down to what he's asking for the one/two bikes. The TC is the rarer bike, but maybe less known and thus less disired. The ELR on the other hand, well if you know who Eddie Lawson is then you know the bike.

I'm not familiar with market prices in the US for these bikes, since the '82 ELR was never offered here in Europe, and not the TC kitted Z1R's either (what I know of), so have no idéa what these could go for. In Europe a '83 Z1000R is about 1500-3000$, a regular Z1R ~ 3000$.

In North America, 1982 ELR's can go for as much as US$15,000 -- it's a fairly rare bike...only 900 made: that benchmark was recently set and the bike was in very good condition. Less for modified or ratted-out ELR's, Also recently, a very nice TC went for US$19000. These are the current limits of what those models might be expected to bring.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A