KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
05 Sep 2012 01:16 #546753 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com
burp...scratch scratch.....burp

ok where is it and who wants it
hot potato

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2012 08:04 #546789 by Topper
KZ_Rage, sounds like you've got a consensus on keeping it moving.

It won't help you in this particular case but one strategy for keeping it moving while including as many riders as practical is group rides. Two or three riders can converge on a site for hand off then ride together to the next hand off. That's how we did it through VA and it worked well.

Also, there's a lot of back and forth in this thread basically asking the question "How do we make decisions?" and "Who has the authority to decide?".

I like the consensus approach that you've taken here. It's what I tried to do on the first leg as well. Ultimately though someone has to decide when consensus has been reached or make a decision and move on if it can't be reached.

I propose we empower the leg coordinators to do that. They're putting in a lot of work and I think they deserve a little bit of decision making ability.

I don't want anyone just going off and deciding stuff willy nilly, but when there's doubt, put the question to the group, get some input and make a decision. I think that's part of the role of leg coordinators.

Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys

More
05 Sep 2012 09:04 #546793 by koolaid_kid
Replied by koolaid_kid on topic KZ Relay Ride GOTO http://VintageKawasakiRelay.com
Just my two cents worth: a 3-4 week delay on one rider is completely unacceptable. Figure something else out, please.

1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.

More
05 Sep 2012 09:07 #546794 by 650ed

Topper wrote: KZ_Rage, sounds like you've got a consensus on keeping it moving.

It won't help you in this particular case but one strategy for keeping it moving while including as many riders as practical is group rides. Two or three riders can converge on a site for hand off then ride together to the next hand off. That's how we did it through VA and it worked well.

Also, there's a lot of back and forth in this thread basically asking the question "How do we make decisions?" and "Who has the authority to decide?".

I like the consensus approach that you've taken here. It's what I tried to do on the first leg as well. Ultimately though someone has to decide when consensus has been reached or make a decision and move on if it can't be reached.

I propose we empower the leg coordinators to do that. They're putting in a lot of work and I think they deserve a little bit of decision making ability.

I don't want anyone just going off and deciding stuff willy nilly, but when there's doubt, put the question to the group, get some input and make a decision. I think that's part of the role of leg coordinators.

+1

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
05 Sep 2012 09:17 #546797 by riturbo
If theres someone to pass it to, Keep it Rolling

Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

More
05 Sep 2012 17:28 #546875 by hypnohio
I just PM'd Wiggens to get something worked out for the next move.

1982 KZ440 LTD
2003 EN500 C
2006 Virago 250
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
More
05 Sep 2012 21:07 #546906 by TomW

650ed wrote:

Topper wrote: KZ_Rage, sounds like you've got a consensus on keeping it moving.

It won't help you in this particular case but one strategy for keeping it moving while including as many riders as practical is group rides. Two or three riders can converge on a site for hand off then ride together to the next hand off. That's how we did it through pVA and it worked well.

+1

+2
Keep the flag moving if there is a rider able to make a connection. I think consesus has been reached.

I have wanted to go on a ton rides this season and because other desires or commitments got in the way , I wasn't able to go. Bull had a good opportunity to carry the flag during his vacation. He chose another direction. He can perhaps catch up with the flag further down the road.

I'm away from home now, in New Mexico at my Moms home. I'm heading back to Wisconsin early in October. Get that flag down to Houston around 10-10 and I'll garoonteee I'll have it in Wisconsin in a week, passing close enough to all the 3rd. leg riders that they can participate IF THEY ARE READY TO GO! I'll touch all the states 'cept maybe the Dakotas.

I know I asked this before, but I left my notes in Wisconsin, will all the third leg riders call or text me at 414-416-4891 or email me at tom.wait48 @gmail.com . I need you screen name real name email and phone numbers and location.

So far the 3rd leg starts in Houston or more corrctly in Alexandria LA. Then through Houston to Oklahoma City and then to Tulsa I presume. Every one still participating in the third leg get in touch so we can continue planning this leg. It shouldn't take long to figger it out.

Please excuse any errors or typos. I'm doong this on a phone and It's a PITA.

'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluej58

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
More
05 Sep 2012 21:53 #546917 by bluej58
All right :woohoo: Email sent Tom, thanks .

OK leg 2 B)

78 KZ1000 A2A

• Rainman
  • Sustaining Member
  • and a little Kaw shall lead them
More
06 Sep 2012 01:06 #546959 by Rainman
E-mail sent Tom.

Jim

80 KZ750 H1 - the Kaw calf
79 KZ750 Twin - Miss Nov 2008 KZR calander
79 KZ750 Twin parts bike
78 KZ650 C2 Parts Bike
75 KZ400 Wife's old bike sold
81 KZ440 A2 LTD Wife's new bike
84 Honda 450 Rebel Wife's newest bike
Jim
Quincy,IL

• WABBMW
  • User
  • Let The Good Times Roll !
More
06 Sep 2012 13:59 - 06 Sep 2012 14:04 #547053 by WABBMW
I know I am jumping ahead, but want to try to generate enthusiasm now in order to prevent delays several steps down the line.

BlackZ1R lives just South of Jackson, MS. He is to hand off to me (WABBMW), and I live in Houston, TX. The next firm handoff, is for OKKent to ride from Oklahoma City, OK, to Dallas, TX to pick up the flag. That leaves a lot of space in between, and potentially 600 to 1000 mile rides per person to make it happen.

We badly need some volunteers to step up and participate in the process - folks who live in Mississippi, Louisiana and East Texas.

Right now, BlackZ1R is supposed to ride from Florence, MS to Columbia, MS for the pickup, and return to Florence. Round trip is about 170 miles. Then, he will ride to Alexandria, LA for a handoff, and back home, which is about 435 miles. Total mileage for BlackZ1R would be 605. Then I would ride to Alexandria for the handoff, and back to Houston. Round trip = 480. Now if I can get someone else to go from Houston to Dallas and back, which is 510, then OK. But if I have to also go to Dallas, then the total would be 990. I'll send some PMs to riders that I know, to see if I can get a commitment

It would be very nice if people from Mississippi, Louisiana and East Texas would volnteer. Please post or send a PM. Thanks.

Bill Baker

Bill Baker
Houston, Texas
1982 KZ650 CSR
2008 Yamaha FZ1
2006 Yamaha FZ1
1977 Honda Supersport 750 four (sold)
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 (sold)
Last edit: 06 Sep 2012 14:04 by WABBMW.

More
06 Sep 2012 15:14 #547069 by ron768
Im available to ride from Huntsville Al. Just let me know when and where to meet up and go to.

1976 KZ900 A4 , 1977 KZ650 C1 , 1978 KZ1000LTD B1 , 1978 KZ650SR D1 , 1999 ZRX1100 C3

More
06 Sep 2012 18:21 #547114 by boatdrinks

ron768 wrote: Im available to ride from Huntsville Al. Just let me know when and where to meet up and go to.

Ron,

There is a ride from our area to Columbus, MS via the Trace already planned. You are more than welcome to join us.

Charles
Madison, AL
1978 KZ650 B2A, Luminous Dark Blue