Squid stories

More
17 Jun 2011 02:38 #457734 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic Squid stories
Working at a buddies shop and he tells me to take my bike to the machine shop to pick up some cylinder heads for a car. I had a rack on back the 900 so I strapped them on and got to the back of the shop.

Took a short cut through some grass and ended up in a huge water hole with a muddy bottom.

It took every ounce of energy and to keep the bike upright and I had to drive my feet like an NFL lineman.

There I am in the middle of this hole and he comes outside and stares at me fighting my way through.

If I got stuck the heads would keep the bike from standing on it's own, I was screwed for sure I though so utilized proper breathing to keep focused and from getting drained of energy.

I made it through and he must have been wondering what the heck I was doing in the middle of that water hole.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Proxy
  • User
  • 80% Human 20% Nuts/Bolts
More
17 Jun 2011 09:50 #457752 by Proxy
Replied by Proxy on topic Squid stories
Last year I was at bike nite at a local burger joint. I was sitting at a picnic table joking around with a couple of guys I haden't seen in over 5 years. About 4 bikes over there was some sort of swap going on between a few biker ladies. They were giggeling and kackeling and pulling frilly panties and what not out of these plastic bags they had spread out on a picnic table. Pretty much putting on a show for the crowd. They would pull out a purple g string and ooooh and ahhhhh and hold it up to wolf whistles and "try it on!" calls from the crowd. So this big guy and his girl take off on their Ocean Liner Harley and this guy on a real nice cherry Wes Cooley replica Suzuki swings in and backs into the spot. No sooner than he stops the bike and gets his helmet off one of those bags the girls are pulling the goodies out of goes flying in the breeze and drapes itself over the guys headers. Talk about a crowd going silent and a guy looking about to cry. He was quick but nothing would have been quick enough. He jumped off the bike and pulled the still melting bag off those beautiful pipes. If it had been a guy who had let the bag go I think he would have disappeared for good that very day. I saw the Suzuki once more last summer and the pipes were horrible looking. I thought maybe the plastic would eventually burn off but it left ugly black markings and patterns. Now I always look for potential kamikaze plastic bags and girls showing off their victoria's secrets but for totally different reasons.

Take it from me cuz I found
If you leave it then somebody else is bound,
To find that treasure, that moment of pleasure,
When yours, it could have been.
1977 KZ650 B1 Being restored to original (Green)
1977 KZ650 B1 Original (Red) Sold
1977 KZ650 B1 Donor Bike for Parts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.