rear flat at 65 mph banked over...idiot move...

More
31 Mar 2011 10:53 #441647 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic rear flat at 65 mph banked over...idiot move..
damn tri,
that sounds like a boner trick i would pull :sick: !
thanks for not bs'ing about the fact.i tell the dumb a$$ stories on myself aswell.

when i was 15 and had my 78 z1r me and a buddy were wanting to go out to my aunt's house so he could trade a bicycle frame to my cousin.but first i had to put a front tire on,tubeless.i popped the old one off the new one on hit it with some air,never did hear it pop and seat the bead.looked it over and thought it was okay.so we take off with my buddy on back holding a 20" bmx frame across his lap :whistle: .

about a mile from the house we race a car off the stop sign up to a little above a hundred(110/115).then when we get on the old patched up road that my aunt and uncle live on we go around a corner and it breaks the bead on the front tire :ohmy: .
as i start to stand the bike back up the front end feels wierd :unsure: .so i stick my head (no helmet)out and look down at my front tire,:( .
it's flat!
the corner was a left hander,i am trying to stand the bike up and straighten out to my right and have my head sticking out to the right side of the bike.
the ditch on my left is deep(you could hide an 1980 cutlass in there and just see the top)and has big (coffee table sized) sandstone rocks in it.

needless to say i don't want any of that ditch.
so i try to turn the front wheel to the right,the tire rolls off the mag.when the mag contacts the asphalt it no longer matters which way the wheel is pointing(like being on ice)because the wheel has no traction.
the next thing i remember was the smell of the sparks coming off the end of my handlebar.
then i went out.

when i came to my buddy was hollering at me and i sat up in the road,then jumped up and looked at him.he has a look of horror on his face,he keeps going " man you are fu(ked up,man you are fu(ked up"it p!sses me off and i holler at him to help me pick my bike up.i reach over my bike(from the wrong side)to try to pick it up and see a huge drop of blood drop down on the sidecover.then the shock starts getting me and i just sag down on my bike.my buddy jerks the bike straight up with me half layin on it.he could never lift it by himself before.(we had tried ,around my house that was the only way you could ride a big bike.you had to be able to pick it up,he had tried,and couldn't.)the he tells me to go to my aunts house and he will wait with the bike.(he then lets my bike fall back down :sick: )i walk down to my aunts house.when i come walking into the yard my cousin looks out the window and his face drops,he turns his head and then everyone comes running out of the house.i had taken a hit on the right side of my head above my eyebrow and my eyelid had dropped and closed my eye.but i was able to see through the hole :pinch: ,all up and to the right and super weird and orange with the blood in my eye.
my left knee had a big horizontal cut that four stitches put back together.my right knee had a huge chunk ground out(to this day my knee has this weird hole in it beside my knee cap)there was nothing left to stitch up.
my eyebrow took 23 stitches and you can still feel the ground off bone under the skin on my head.
my aunt is cleaning me up waiting on my mom to get off work and come and take me to the minor emergency center.
my cousin goes"man i thought the pictures in the health book were bad" :sick: .

so jim i think i would take losing a rear and having it come around and slide me down on my a$$ than to get face slammed on the asphalt again :woohoo: .

call me crazy :silly: ,

tri,i am glad it worked out as "well as it did for you".

4real.

leon

p.s. the ride home pictures look kick a$$!

as always .

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
31 Mar 2011 12:17 #441664 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic rear flat at 65 mph banked over...idiot move...
thanks banshee and testa....i was laughing on your crash banshee...just cuase it reminds me of my youth...i needed a laugh....smoke hashish and ride my xs650 down dirt roads,,,,,crash...blood...pain....no more high..riding home bent bike with blood dripping....lol...learn elememntal cycle skills fast this way...lol

thanks for not killing me on this one

I thought the story was real enough to just tell exactly what really happened...not proud at all....but i am more aware of my bike time being "my time" now...no more multi tasking...and am glad i lived.......

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• Stu Pidasole
  • User
  • if you aint mod'n, you aint rock'n!
More
31 Mar 2011 12:37 #441666 by Stu Pidasole
Replied by Stu Pidasole on topic rear flat at 65 mph banked over...idiot move...
glad to hear your ok craig.....Joe

More
31 Mar 2011 13:36 - 31 Mar 2011 13:36 #441669 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic rear flat at 65 mph banked over...idiot move...

trianglelaguna wrote: smoke hashish and ride my xs650 down dirt roads,,,,,crash...blood...pain....no more high..riding home bent bike with blood dripping....lol...learn elememntal cycle skills fast this way...lol

quote]

i left out the part about my aunt giving me the blue v when i walked in :whistle: :lol: .
helped settle my nerves :silly: .

glad you got a laugh :dry: ,hell my knee's hurt just writin about it again. :pinch:

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0
Last edit: 31 Mar 2011 13:36 by 531blackbanshee.