Total Control Advanced Riders Clinic

• TomW
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
More
28 Mar 2011 14:35 #440982 by TomW
Replied by TomW on topic Total Control Advanced Riders Clinic
As for riding experience, I put about 2500 miles on my KZ1000 last summer. I'm 62 and have been riding on and off for 45 years. It's kind of hard to remember it all, but I'd guess about 20k miles over the years, maybe more.

The clinic will accept any two wheeler that is legal, safe and insured, from scooters to heavy touring bikes. My KZ IS a high performance sport bike, just 33 years in the past, like me.

I've read the book also. There's a lot of information that I sort of figured out myself thru experience but I didn't realize it. More that I never had a clue about. Something I do know, there is always something to learn no matter your skill level in ANY endeavor. I just KNOW I'm gonna have a blast. I need to hurry up now to get my scooter back together. The season is fast approaching. I also need to get some leather chaps or pants, they are required for the course.

I'll check out the You tube link tonight. Thanks.

'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WABBMW
  • User
  • Let The Good Times Roll !
More
29 Mar 2011 11:02 #441207 by WABBMW
Replied by WABBMW on topic Total Control Advanced Riders Clinic
TomW:

I have never been comfortable with the idea of doing a track training session, especially when occasionally seeing the remains of a motorcycle piled into the back of a pickup truck. But this class sounds like something that we can all use. Like you say, there is always something else to learn.

Sounds like you are good to go on experience and qualifications. Now you have me interested in doing the same. Thanks for the "heads up" about the Total Control Class.

Bill Baker
Houston, Texas
1982 KZ650 CSR
2008 Yamaha FZ1
2006 Yamaha FZ1
1977 Honda Supersport 750 four (sold)
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 (sold)

• TomW
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
More
30 Mar 2011 00:59 #441369 by TomW
Replied by TomW on topic Total Control Advanced Riders Clinic
I guess I wasn't clear on the Road America location. The clinic is at Road America, but I don't think it's on the track, at least not the big one. They have a go-cart track and it might be there or in a parking lot somewhere on the grounds. I think it's just a nicer neighborhood for a moto get together. In fact I know it is. I used to live near the location in Milwaukee. It's just a big parking lot on a busy highway. Road America is out in the country near a small town and farms all around. As we say to visitors, "Welcome to Wisconsin, smell our dairy air!" :laugh:

'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock