BMW S1000RR

• mtbspeedfreak
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 Mar 2011 22:17 #436072 by mtbspeedfreak
Replied by mtbspeedfreak on topic BMW S1000RR
Also, the fact that I think the '73-'78??? style of Zs and KZs make for the BEST looking motorcycles out there. It's so clean and suave looking without any dorky fairings or windscreens. The little "ducktail" in the tail cowl make me get goosebumps at times.

2000 ZRX 1100
1976 KZ 900- Daily Driver
1980 LTD 550- Dalton Highway survivor!

If it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
08 Mar 2011 03:31 #436081 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic BMW S1000RR
No, sadly I have not owned my Ninja since 2004. Heck, in 04 the only thing I was buying was diapers. That was a really tough year for me. I have had it for about 4 years now. I totally agree that no one is giving either bike a fair shake in the reviews. What does that tell you about the reviews? IMO the sportbike mags are a just part of the marketing chain for the OEMs. May as well be sales brochures printed by BMW, Suzuki, Kawasaki, etc. Just the teams switch sides every so often to give the appearance of randomness. That's why I said in my original post to just buy the bike that appeals to you. Don't get wrapped up in who makes the most hp, torque, etc, that's just bench racing stuff. BTW, you're right, those guys are squids. No gear, public roads, positing videos that show people's faces. Give 'em time, they all end up on a stretcher or at the graybar hotel. Supposedly the races take place in Mexico. Sure, the guy on the Ninja is from Florida. I suppose he's trucking the bike to Mexico for three weekend street races. NOT!

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

More
08 Mar 2011 05:33 #436094 by hal0tw0
Replied by hal0tw0 on topic BMW S1000RR
mtbspeedfreak wrote:

PS, I like your '76. Please do keep me in mind if you ever decide to part with your pipe ;) My Dad has an RC pipe on his Z1A.

Thanks man,
Ive actually seen them on ebay recently....at least once a month it seems. Im gonna keep mine hahaha

1976 KA900. VM28 pumper carbs, K&N pod fiters, RC performace 4/1 exhaust, Dyna ignition, Accel coils and wires, Ohlins rear shocks.....more to come