Times they are a changin

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
27 Oct 2010 18:17 #409497 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Times they are a changin
hey man i was having fun here today and my gal got home and we were reading the funny stuff...just now...you know catching up on this thread....

toothless wife a bad thing....:laugh:

and then i see long time members and kzr friends,being really low on each other..... and being nasty????.......

and i did not get to get any cheap shots in....see this is why i hate sleep...i might miss something good....

maybe folks moms and kids and wives are pushing the envelope a tad...they have nothing to do with idiots who ride around on 60 hp 30 yr old pieces of shit.....that would me...
sorry about your mom....i miss my brother everyday....we'll see them soon enough,that is 100%...peace

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2010 13:21 #409786 by apbling
Replied by apbling on topic Times they are a changin
Natural gas is an interesting idea... Some older tractors, fork trucks and some construction equipment used that technology. I believe it was a Massey-Harris tractor from the 50's or 60's, so I'm sure you could apply it a bike for today's standards. The only thing that would concern me (other than if you got in an accident the fricken pressurized tank blowing sky high) is that if people started running on natural gas the prices would go through the roof and noone could afford it, or you couldn't afford to hear your home and water...

• Becker
  • User
  • The Doctor Will Rise Again
More
29 Oct 2010 22:18 #409874 by Becker
Replied by Becker on topic Times they are a changin
Actually almost every tractor manufacturer had some kind of LP tractor in their line-up. LP was used on alot of different things including buses and pickups. We actually have a 58' Oliver 77 Super, an old International Bus converted into a bale hauler, and a 94 Ford F-150 that all run on LP on our farm. The F-150 I'm told can easily be converted back to gas but we always run it on LP. All of them are very reliable and work well. The only difference in engines I know of is that the old tractors (on their spec sheet at least) ran the exact same motor but with a point or so knocked of the compression ratio. The Ford has a 5.0 in it and as far as I know its the original pistons and has never been rebuilt so I'm guessing its not that big of a deal.

78 KZ750B3
79 KZ400 LTD
78 KZ650C2
79 KZ650C3
78 KZ650B2A
80 KZ650F1
80 KZ650E1
81 CB750K Super Sport

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
30 Oct 2010 05:54 #409901 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Times they are a changin
Tulare, Ca, central valley, 1981

six teens in the back of an old open bed work truck (with a big propane? tank conversion unit in the back against the cab)...i'm sitting on the rear wheel well....others hanging an arm over the side..adult driver and two more teens on the bench seat inside the cab driving back from an outing with friends...maybe doing 30.......

SCREECH............SLAM!!!!!! lowrider runs a stop light and t-bones us..tipping onto the side the truck and catapulting teens skyward and into some shrubs......i was on the far side and went about 12 feet high and landed running....car pushes the truck another 10 ft and pins it against a front yard and it's over...no hoses leaking no smell of gas......

but it was a giant concern to arriving fire crews and police..and the t-wrenches and crowbars stored under the tank were pinched againt the tank....truck was tipped back over and driven away later....

adults were commenting on the tools puncturing the tank and counting us little ones as spared....

we all thought it was a very cool day

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife