i was learning... OKAY!?!?

More
30 Apr 2010 11:48 - 30 Apr 2010 11:56 #364452 by otakar
Replied by otakar on topic i was learning... OKAY!?!?
No, I just found those on YouTube. My mom and dad used to be into motorcycles back during and after WW2. My Grandfather used to be a motorcycle state trooper and my mom would take his bike without him knowing it. The worst part was when she was stopped on the bike and she was only 12 years old and she was driving on RED government gas. I guess grandma really paddled her good for that one. Grandpa was to gentle of a guy to touch her. Mom and dad were in a motorcycle wreck two weeks before their wedding. So I understand that they wee all bandaged up during their ceremony. So when I was 19 and wanted my first bike (a 1978 KZ1000 Z1R) Dad gave me no hassles at all. He actually went to the dealer with me and helped me out because I was about $300 of the $3200-some -odd-dollars I needed for the bike. I still have that bike today and I just turned 51 this month. Here is a picture of me back than with the bike.

I really enjoyed that back rest that i had on that ride. :woohoo: I miss that backrest to this day. It could never be replaced. :( I have gone threw a few since than and none were as good as that-one :kiss: It was just so soft and comfortable. :P

74 Z1-A stock
76 KZ-900 Totaly stock vice MAC pipe
77 KZ-1000A stock
78 Z1-R 100%MINT 500 original Mi.
78 Z1-R Yoshi 1103 kit stage 1 cams Yoshi pipe. Etc
79 KZ-1300 (1400)
80 KZ-1300
81 Scratch built GPz1150R
82 KZ1000
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Apr 2010 11:56 by otakar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RaeRae
  • User
  • Smart @ss white girl!
More
30 Apr 2010 12:36 #364467 by RaeRae
Replied by RaeRae on topic i was learning... OKAY!?!?
Verrrry Cooool Pict!!! B)

My mom was into dirt when I was growing up, which I guess, is why I was too! She raced MX, and tore her knee up when I was about 7 or 8. I'll never forget the memories of the 2-stroke exhaust smells (almost like a drug-ha!ha!) and the sound of mass bumble bees at the drop of the gates! I've got some picts of her riding wheelies up and down the street on her RM400 with NO HELMET!! bad girl!! I still harass her about that! She didn't get a streetbike til well after I was outta the house. She rode it from AZ to KY to GA and back to AZ again back in 2002, and did the GAP (aka Dragon Tail) and LOVED it! Now I am ready for her to ride back so we can ride together fir the first time! :)

Rae ;)

OWN:
82 KZ550 LTD (work in progress)
81 550 GPz (work in progress)
81 KZ550A (parts bike)
91 750 Honda Nighthawk
WANT:
One in every size and color! =)
Euharlee, GA by way of Glendale, AZ

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
30 Apr 2010 12:52 #364471 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic i was learning... OKAY!?!?
My Mom rode a tricked out Honda 750 Four that was lowered for her short legs. When I was younger that was all we had for transportation. I can remember getting groceries home on the back of that bike. She passed 2 years ago and as I was cleaning out some stuff I found her old riding boots with car tire tread stitched on the soles for extra height and a vintage patch that reads "My Mommy Rides a Honda"

Thanks for the bike blood Mom

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

• RaeRae
  • User
  • Smart @ss white girl!
More
30 Apr 2010 13:51 #364488 by RaeRae
Replied by RaeRae on topic i was learning... OKAY!?!?
That's cool Kawickrice, what great momentos from MOM! I have my moms old school, yellow and blue Suzuki jersey and still wear it on occasion! Guess I should thank my mom for the motorcycle blood too! ;)

Thanks mom! Here she is on her ST1100 somewhere on a cross country trip! I'll have to see if I can find the poloroids of her doing wheelies through the neighborhood! :laugh:

Rae :silly:

OWN:
82 KZ550 LTD (work in progress)
81 550 GPz (work in progress)
81 KZ550A (parts bike)
91 750 Honda Nighthawk
WANT:
One in every size and color! =)
Euharlee, GA by way of Glendale, AZ