thanks gieco...could'nt ask for better

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
More
24 Mar 2010 18:17 - 24 Mar 2010 19:20 #355935 by KZQ
Replied by KZQ on topic thanks gieco...could'nt ask for better
Any and Every Insurance company will screw you at every opportunity!:angry:

Choose an Insurance agent who represents a number of different insurance companies. Agents who represent a number of insurers are more likely to represent you instead of the insurance company, at least initially. A truly independent agent will be more likely to explain the different coverages offered rather than just painting lips on a pig.

My personal experience with Geico is that Geckos are for squashing.

Bill

www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300
Last edit: 24 Mar 2010 19:20 by KZQ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2010 20:51 #355975 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic thanks gieco...could'nt ask for better
according to the police report this little fella jumped in front of a hybrid motorcycle! :S :woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

More
24 Mar 2010 21:11 #355982 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic thanks gieco...could'nt ask for better
I would get as high of coverage offered by your insurance company.

Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
24 Mar 2010 21:29 #355986 by Bad Dad
Replied by Bad Dad on topic thanks gieco...could'nt ask for better
Insurance companies, like Banks, are only out to "make" money... not give it away -- They will short you every chance they get!!! You have to insist on getting what you deserve.

76 KZ900LTD
82 GPz750R1
01 VULCAN 800A-CHOPPED
76 IRONHEAD-CHOPPED
77 RD 400 Cafe

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
28 Mar 2010 10:05 #356716 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic thanks gieco...could'nt ask for better
just got off the phone with gieco.....ever get feeling the gal on the phone is smoking hot,but still wonder what she actualy looks like???? well i sure would'nt mind boning her voice:laugh:

anyways this great gieco gal....gave me three levels of options...each increase in my coverage for two kz's and a passenger...stepped up 30-50,000 in coverage for all situations...rider error...cows,unisured...ect...

the middle increase was kinda weak did not include the bike if i wrecked and would run outta medical in anything over a broken bone type expspense imo....30-50,000

the most coverage for me,the bike,the other folks,and amy ,was about 700 a year on both bikes...then she said we could break it into payments...the coverage would start right away and i could discuss it with amy and she would save the quote for 14 days....

i really like this gals vioce BTW:woohoo:

gonna go for the most coverage allowed and hope never need it...

p.s thanks Mark W..without your story and advice ,i would have left Amy in danger and not even thought different!!!

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
28 Mar 2010 16:00 #356777 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic thanks gieco...could'nt ask for better
That's one thing I tell people when I'm talking about my wreck. You have to protect yourself from the other guy.

Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
28 Mar 2010 16:42 #356790 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic thanks gieco...could'nt ask for better
i could be opening a can of worms, but i have gieco with minimum liability coverage (i think 25/25/50)and i pay 100$ a year....do you guys have health coverage...?...would your health coverage not pay for hospital stay?.....like i said, could be a can of worms, but there aint no way i m paying 700 bucks a year for insurance on a 32 year old bike...shit,
i paid 1000 bucks a year full coverage on a brand new "01 zx9r
back in the day....and i had medical coverage through work.....am i missing something?.....just wondering

More
28 Mar 2010 17:25 #356798 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic thanks gieco...could'nt ask for better
I just got a quote from Hagerty for $151.91 About $25.00 of that is for road assistance and a magizine and the bike is insured for $3500.00.

No insurance on me just the passenger. It might cover a broken bone.

They will call tomorrow and I'll hear the options.

I just wamt to get something out of my bike in case something happens. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 Mar 2010 19:52 #356815 by trianglelaguna
no can of worms..i was paying 160 somthing for good basic with some little verbage freebie/extras....

amy has her own medical which is like 200 month...go figure

but there's talk of blue cross going up 3-60% in cali...now they have been givin a warning shot over their heads...and seem to be backing off......

I however do not have medical(but may be getting a perm offer here in a few,with bennnies) and amy will need my income to finish her RN even while working...So i do not want my problems......to become her deal...so to me...where I and only "I" am at at this exact point in my journey ...700 is three sets of tires...6 good grocery runs....two decent tanks of propane...or a get out of jaiil free card........how much does a good handgun cost keith....

but it's money well spent...even if you never have to use it right?????

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
28 Mar 2010 20:11 #356818 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic thanks gieco...could'nt ask for better
KeIth, I have to say " I'm with you on that sentiment." insurance is a damned scam. I had what I thought to be great insurance with all state which at the time was rated reall high. My garage burns down I had two cars and my zep 1100. Thinking about that ass rape just pisses me off. They gave me 7 grand less on my s2000 than it was worth. Refused to consider renegotiating that number although I told them no way I could replace my car for that money anywhere. I told them then fix it. No, they wouldn't. Took them six months to pay out all the while I had a shell of two cars a burnt bike and thieves ravaging my car. They didn't pay for the bike AND I had to go with whom they recommended or they wouldn't pay but half for the garage do Danley's shoddy work and materials went in to the rebuild. Plus they doubled my rates. Later when a few years later I had an accident my damned car was in the shop for over two months and I continually had to take it back. A year later when my tires wore out I took it to my agent and pitched a bitch. These clowns never bothered to align the cradle and I'm sure that although I insisted upon Acura parts they forged the order and slipped cheap aftermarket parts. The bumper doesn't hold paint. I took it back and they resprayed it and that lasted all of a few days before coming apart. They didn't replace some parts instead tried to fix them with electrical tape.

Short point? Don't get me started with smooth criminals. If you crash your car it's better you buy new. It will never be the same. No matter what insurance you have. These clowns reported thus shop as their finest. Lifetime guarantee yada yada. Like Chris Farley would say in that movie with his brake pads. The guarantee is that you got a guaranteed piece of shit. Something bad happens it's better you buy new. Stick with liability. Accidents can and do happen but most happen as a result of not paying attention not so much about yourself but to others who are not. I'm not going to li e in fear that I'm going to crash and burn. If it happens you will most likely pay back your crash in three years from higher premiums they slap you with any way. Bunch of crooks the while damned lot of them.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 Mar 2010 20:43 #356836 by trianglelaguna
Never filed a claim or had an accident in my life...i just wanna get extra medical for my passenger......

guess it's turned into a insurance bashing seminar..which i "DO" get...just seems to not serve anybody to lament the state of insurance compnay ethics...insurance "is" mandatory here....and I don't have medical...i just wanna stand a chance if someone hurts us ...or a deer runs out in the road....or i hit oil...ect...it "is" my job to protect folks on the passenger pegs as best as i can forsee if i can......

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
01 Apr 2010 20:31 #357835 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic thanks gieco...could'nt ask for better
Well, by all means liability with insurance for medical when carrying yourself and passengers but not for the bike. Why insure something like that when if you total it they will cut you a check for 300? They figure a way to stick it in and twist it. You know it's mandatory here too. I think it would be better if it weren't. Then they wouldn't have so much liability to cover. I know uninsured motorists crash but as long as you have something that covers your injuries you good to go. Pray a day like that never arises.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200