Riding with squids...?

More
16 Sep 2009 05:26 #321938 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Riding with squids...?
if you want to ride a zx-14, just go to the dealed and ask them to test drive it.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2009 05:35 #321940 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic Riding with squids...?
The 14 power is really controlable. Smooth power. It is wicked fast but it's not like a 600cc bike. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

• 9am53
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
16 Sep 2009 05:43 #321942 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic Riding with squids...?
We'll see what he says, I am just worried that I won't fit on it...I am kind of tall and big...

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
16 Sep 2009 08:27 #321965 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Riding with squids...?
see that's what i was leaning towards....a book and it's cover type thing......most folks are pretty funky in a car let alone a bike....but there are a lot of people who ride well and are safe most of the time...my hope was that you had fun...sounds like you did........once in a while iride with friends.....like you said if they made me feel added danger i would take a pass next time...peace9am53 wrote:

I just walked in the door. I have to say that I take back calling him a squid. We swapped roads, swapped being on point, it was like I have been riding with him for years. Turns out he has 2 motocross bikes as well and is a real bike enthusiast, so he actually managed to get past the awful shape my bike is in right now and appreciate it for what it is and was, which was cool coming from a ninja rider! I think he was drunk when he was talking his trash, and we actually had a great time. As far as the 14 goes...next Wednesday we are going for a longer ride and his brother is coming along, so I am going to broach the subject :)

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
16 Sep 2009 08:41 #321969 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Riding with squids...?
9am53 wrote:

Maybe I'll just go this once, and then just forget about it. It's just that I have only ridden on one new bike...and it felt anemic as hell, just wondering if the 14 has more personality, or life in it...

well i can tell ya the force fed versions are kind of peppy in my experiance,if i could get pictures to load id explain in more detail! :woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• ArthurGoVroom
  • User
  • I'd rather ride it than shine it
More
16 Sep 2009 09:03 #321979 by ArthurGoVroom
Replied by ArthurGoVroom on topic Riding with squids...?
I started riding with a guy with a GSXR1000. Yes, it's fast and can pull away at will, but he's not an ass about it. My ego doesn't get in the way, I know my old KZ only has half the horsepower of his bike, I don't expect it to keep up. It is still very respectable performance wise though, and personally I think the KZ with the header sounds way cooler. We only disobey speed laws when we're out in unpopulated areas, no 90 mph through town. All in all, we have fun. It's like doing anything else, good friends make it work. If your rider buddy is a d-bag and wants to egg you on and tease you about your 30 year old bike that won't keep up with the state of the art...then I wouldn't ride with him again.

Oh and btw...when the GSXR picks the front end up at 85 mph, and is going 115 before you get out of 2nd gear, it *IS* a lot of fun, but I still like my KZ even after doing that.

1976 KZ900A4, 4-1 header, rear lowering kit, grab bar removed, still shining and painting parts as time permits