to bob or not?

More
28 Apr 2010 17:21 #363937 by dblhdr
Replied by dblhdr on topic to bob or not?
:) Old man has it right if you want to keep a KZ under your butt get a KZCop Bike.They're relativly cheap and easy to get. There are a lot of pics of nice Bobber style bikes with that in line four. The Cop frames are built like tanks and you can fabricate them to look really vintage, But like we all say, it's your soap you use it any way you want ;) Here's a pic of a nice one I found on the net before I had mine painted. :)

1981 KZ1000 Police Special coverted for civilian use with passenger seat, custom luggage rack, and paint. Daily rider.
2006 Harley Davidson Road King FLHR1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2010 04:58 #364054 by djturnz
Replied by djturnz on topic to bob or not?
If you want to do it, do it. I know I would. It's funny that on the KZ site, people say "chop a Suzuki", "chop a Yami".

I'll give you a tip, on the Suzuki GS site, they say the same thing, except it's "chop a Kawi".

My advice is that if you want to chop or bob or brat or drag or cafe or whatever, find a site that caters more to that, yet stick around here for KZ specific stuff. Whether you have an ELR paint job, or a set of 20" ape hangers, carbs, timing, motor, stuff is still KZ and thats what "technical" forum like this are best for.

Besides, who cares if a 4 banger "fits" with the bobber theme. Some of the best customs are ones that are made from something that doesn't fit.

chopcult
clubchopper
thechopperunderground

are all customizer sites that are Jap friendly, or rather have Jap friendly sections.

Some killer bikes there too.

I had a really sweet bike years ago. I got rid of it because I didn't know how to make it what I wanted and the "Manufacturer specific" sites were no help. I wish I still had that bike.

I do admit, the XS650 does seem to be the popular bike for jap chopping these days, but it's got no power. The one thing I really like about inline 4s is they have the get up and go that the twins lack. As for anyone who says an inline 4 can't be a chopper, I say the CB750 proves that theory bogus.

1982 KZ750 (4) LTD

More
29 Apr 2010 07:06 #364100 by Sircraigery
Replied by Sircraigery on topic to bob or not?
I agree, I'm chopping a KZ650, and it looks KILLER!

The inline 4 makes the engine look so much meaner, and with the carbs and air filters, the look of it balances out fairly good. Check the pic of mine in my gallery (that was a couple days ago - since then, I have the handlebars wired, and the rear brake working.)

Any questions along the way, ask me. Every damn part on my bike needed to be replaced it seemed. I guess that is what you get for buying a bike for $350.
I can tell you where I got everything as well.

• 550A2
  • User
  • keep the shiny side up
More
29 Apr 2010 12:04 - 29 Apr 2010 12:10 #364181 by 550A2
Replied by 550A2 on topic to bob or not?
BOB IT!!!! its your bike and your decision. make is as stripped as you can while being street legal..
And i think the inline fours make great bobbers!!!

-Lower it
-shorten or eleminate fenders
-Take all unneccisary stuff off
-cool paint, rat rod is is cool, or a nice job is cool too.
-Drag bars,
-solo seat
-Loud exhaust
-They are fun to build, and even more fun to ride! not for long distances though, but that one of the cons..

I vote HELL YES!

MY BOBBED GS

82 Honda ATC 200-sold
82 Yamaha Virago 920-sold
82 Yamaha YZ250j-kept
80 Suzuki GS 550-sold
82 Kawasaki KZ550 A2-ride all the time
79 Kawasaki KZ650 C-sold
73 Kawasaki Z1 900E-paid $200, sold $6000
86 Yamaha Radian YX600-new project
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Apr 2010 12:10 by 550A2.