I almost got cuffed and stuffed tonight

More
30 Jul 2009 18:26 #310449 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic I almost got cuffed and stuffed tonight
i got bagged with 3 other guys one day back in '01 coming into ri from conn on 165...2 lane road in the middle of nowhere...i was on my '00 zrx1100 with a d and d pipe and me and another guy on a yzf750 dropped the hammer from 55mph.....i know i was doing 120 when a car coming the other way flashed his lites and i laid on the brakes and slowed to 60.....lights ,sirens...where the hell did he come from?....state trooper gets out and he is pissed...
looks at me and says "i got you doing 106" and looks at the guy on the yamaha and says "i got you doing 103"....makes me go back to the cruiser and he wants to hear me talk crap..i answer what he asks and say nothing more....he writes for a while , then gets out...didnt get the last two on radar, but he cant let me and the other guy go in good conscience....75 dollar ticket and if i want to go to court and make him out to be the dick, we are going for the 106 circled at the top o' the ticket....nope, i ll pay it....
man...that one had me riding like granny for a long time...:laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2009 20:30 #310477 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic I almost got cuffed and stuffed tonight
Old Man Rock wrote:

"and rode real slow home"... Due to Poopy Pants? :P

yes sir, that's about right.
he could've taken my bike and made my life hell.
that is why i'm humble and don't argue with law enforcement.
they can help you or make your life hell.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
31 Jul 2009 05:56 - 31 Jul 2009 05:56 #310512 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic I almost got cuffed and stuffed tonight
"could've taken my bike and made my life hell."...

Isn't that our wives jobs? :woohoo:

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az
Last edit: 31 Jul 2009 05:56 by Old Man Rock.

More
04 Aug 2009 16:14 - 04 Aug 2009 16:15 #311570 by kzr750r1
Replied by kzr750r1 on topic I almost got cuffed and stuffed tonight
Old Man Rock wrote:

"could've taken my bike and made my life hell."...

Isn't that our wives jobs? :woohoo:

You ain't kidding. Try telling your wife the bike did get impounded after walking back to the house with your tail between the legs. I didn't get my new riding permit. Was out seating some new front pads. CHP was ticketing someone in the industrial section of town on a Sunday. Go figure. He didn't care for the 8K speed shifts on a 35mph road.

My luckey get off happened 20 years ago. Spent the mid day at the Triple Rock in Berkley drinking with the boys. I was the only one with a running bike at the time. Hit the hills back down the east bay, practiced scraping pegs the entire way home. Had to take a short stint on the freeway, still in peg scraping mindset. Split a couple cars diving to the offramp. A San Leandro PD cruiser saw the lane split and me scraping peg off the ramp. Before he stopped I was off the bike and talking through my helmet. He walked me wit a warning. "I don't care how long you've ridden or how good you are. If I ever see you riding like that again your bike will be impounded." Yes Sir.... Could have been a DUI if i was not Lucky that day. Guess lucky that entire day. ;)

KZ750R1 + 1991 ZR750 = KZR750R1
Better to be shot out of a cannon then squeezed through a tube. - HST
Last edit: 04 Aug 2009 16:15 by kzr750r1. Reason: sp