What's your best ride ever?

More
04 Jul 2009 11:14 #304357 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic What's your best ride ever?
Kirby State Park in Arkansas. 37 mile loop thru Weyerhauser forest. Piney woods , creeks and some nasty hills to scale. My old KX 250 went through it with ease. Great fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2009 12:55 #304376 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic What's your best ride ever?
Bluemeanie wrote:

No particular best road for me but here in SoCal we have many fantastic roads from coastal to mountains and in between. Many great choices... :)

I have to agree with John, way too many cool roads to pick a best. B)

Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
04 Jul 2009 13:26 #304385 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic What's your best ride ever?
The best ride is always the last one such as this mornings clutch replacement test ride...

Sure the clutch needs some fine tuning/adjustments but you know why it's the best... I made it home safely! ;)

Second best... Night rides in the Sierra Nevada's... Actually any mountain run at night where it's pitch black other than the stars & head light and the sound echoing through the valley's is just pure magic....

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
More
04 Jul 2009 13:27 #304386 by KZQ
Replied by KZQ on topic What's your best ride ever?
Around here most GREAT rides involve the Cascade Range. My favorite ride is 225 miles long. Start in "The Best Place", Bend Oregon. Ride south past Bachelor Butte, the ski crowd will know it as "Mt. Bachelor", which it ain't. You'll really have to tough it out, as you ride right past the bases of the Three Sisters and Brokentop. Continue south to Hwy 58. Head west through Oakridge. One mile west of Oakridge follow the signs to WestFir, don't skip the covered bridge park, good lunch spot. Take NF-19 north. You're in for fifty miles of paved forest road through some very beautiful west side Oregon forests. You'll come out on the high side of Cougar Reservoir. After winding around the west side of the reservoir you'll come out onto Hwy 126. Head east till you encounter Rt 242 to McKenzie Pass. Head south east for a great ascent up to DeWright Observatory. Be careful here the road is BITCHIN but the traffic is dense. Seems as if these MPA's (metropolitan piss ants) loose track of the purpose of the yellow lines after they've climbed up from Sisters. Definitely stop at the DeWright Observatory. I seriously doubt that Mr. O's stimulus package will even come close to leaving the legacy that Franklin Rosevelt's CCC did. If you skip this Observatory you'll miss one of the CCC's gems. The next twenty, or so, miles weave downhill through alpine forests eventually spilling out into the Hi-Desert Ponderosa pine forests, spectacular views of open forests with GIANT pinetrees. Next stop is Sisters, Or which used to be a logging town till the Butters from Black Butte Ranch polluted it with millions upon millions of dollars. Bend is only seventeen miles ahead.

This is my favorite local ride.

Bill

www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300