new gsxr frame recall....dont do wheelies...

More
15 Mar 2009 17:17 #272208 by arai59
Wheelies are considered an unsafe riding practice. Unsafe riding practices voids your warranty. Unfortuneatly, stupid ignorant people will always be among you. Those who exercise no self control and feel they are not responsible for their actions. You abuse any bike....includung a KZ and it will eventually fail. Besides.......the Gixer's frame is 10 times better than a KZ's. You hang a 165 hp monster in these old tube steel boat anchor frames and something is gonna twist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2009 17:33 #272214 by N0NB
trianglelaguna wrote:

Will i be overly observant now and have one more of lifes nice simple things(standing next to new model sportbike smiling and confident that it's the new deal" turned complicated-jaded ..... in this mad world.....

Ahhh, Craig, go buy yourself a Hogly-Ableson and put those frame breaking wheelie worries to rest.

:woohoo:

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
14 Apr 2009 10:49 #281686 by kzdev1360
Replied by kzdev1360 on topic new gsxr frame recall....dont do wheelies...
N0NB wrote:

Build them light and cheap, stomp everyone's collective behind in AMA Superbike, sell 'em like hot cakes as every squid needs a Gixxer, all the while knowing that most of them will be wadded up junk within a couple thousand miles and laugh all the way to the bank. Seems like a dream recipe for Suzuki. So now a few of them broke. Call me surprised.

Not!

I disagree. I actually own an 06 gix 1000 and these bikes have been designed and built to win races, and yes, every squid wants one and starts beating the hell out of it and it cracks? Spend some time over at gixxer.com and there are many people who use their gixxers for what they were made for with no problems. You don't need to bad mouth something you have no experience with, nor have personally seen a problem with. These bikes are very well made and designed.

2006 Gsxr 1000
1976 Kz900 LTD
1977 Kz650 (720 motor, andrews cams)

More
14 Apr 2009 10:52 - 14 Apr 2009 10:57 #281688 by kzdev1360
Replied by kzdev1360 on topic new gsxr frame recall....dont do wheelies...
saxjonz wrote:

Week clutch baskets, weak cranks, and now weak frames. Many have said that these bikes were always made on the cheap which is why you could always buy them cheaper than the kaws. This then is the result of cutting corners then. Who needs to worry about stuff like this when you are riding the spit out of it?
My brother had one and I remember riding at 188 trying to break that pony and realizing that the straight highway from LA to Laguna wasn't so strait at 188 and that was a very sobering thought which led me to slow down also not to mention getting caught surely would lead to jail time or at least the loss of license which brings me back to that song
"My Maserati does 185. I lost my license and now I don't drive...:silly: "

Thats funny, the spedometers on modern sport bikes don't read over 186 (300kmh) unless its analog.

The misinformation here is rampant. It is only the 2006 Gsx-R1000's none of the other suzuki's are having this problem. And yes, they are fixing the broken frames. You are supposed to go into the dealer and they will inspect your bike and install a brace if it is not cracked. If it is cracked, they replace your frame for free no questions asked. If you would like me to scan and post my recall letter from Suzuki I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

2006 Gsxr 1000
1976 Kz900 LTD
1977 Kz650 (720 motor, andrews cams)
Last edit: 14 Apr 2009 10:57 by kzdev1360.

More
14 Apr 2009 11:01 #281690 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic new gsxr frame recall....dont do wheelies...
kzdev1360 wrote:

N0NB wrote:

Build them light and cheap, stomp everyone's collective behind in AMA Superbike, sell 'em like hot cakes as every squid needs a Gixxer, all the while knowing that most of them will be wadded up junk within a couple thousand miles and laugh all the way to the bank. Seems like a dream recipe for Suzuki. So now a few of them broke. Call me surprised.

Not!

I disagree. I actually own an 06 gix 1000 and these bikes have been designed and built to win races, and yes, every squid wants one and starts beating the hell out of it and it cracks? Spend some time over at gixxer.com and there are many people who use their gixxers for what they were made for with no problems. You don't need to bad mouth something you have no experience with, nor have personally seen a problem with. These bikes are very well made and designed.

i think what he was saying is basically right on the money.the majority of kids i see riding these things dont seem to have much in commonsense department which leads to a lot of balled up bikes.if its not a quality control issue why is susuki having shops gusset the frames on the bikes that arent stress cracked yet? and yes ive had experiance with a few sportbikes starting with a built to the nuts zx11 back in the early 90s up through a poked and stroked busa with 2 stages of nitrous and a laundry list full of high end engine mods so just because this is an old kaw site give us a little credit for knowing something,ive learned a little in my last 30 years screwing with bikes and some others on here have forgotten morethan ill ever know!B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

More
14 Apr 2009 11:11 #281692 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic new gsxr frame recall....dont do wheelies...
arai59 wrote:

Wheelies are considered an unsafe riding practice. Unsafe riding practices voids your warranty. Unfortuneatly, stupid ignorant people will always be among you. Those who exercise no self control and feel they are not responsible for their actions. You abuse any bike....includung a KZ and it will eventually fail. Besides.......the Gixer's frame is 10 times better than a KZ's. You hang a 165 hp monster in these old tube steel boat anchor frames and something is gonna twist.

hell ya hang 90hp into a stock frame and they twist! :woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.