R-1 Sjaak and Doris- world travelers are in Alaska

More
22 Feb 2009 11:02 - 22 Feb 2009 11:22 #267144 by CruisingRam
www.sjaaklucassen.nl/eng.html is here in alaska, riding to prudhoe in the winter (he totally beat me to it :thumb) on his R-1, with his companion (Doris) filming it on a BMW. Slow going, but I have been in contact with Sjaak and his base camp located in the Netherlands, a chap by the name of Marcus. Here is Marcus' latest e-mail, posted with his permission on bike sites:

Nice to hear all this Don. I’am very busy to edit movie Part 25 right now. I hope it is ready in a few hours. A lot of ice roads in it. You have to know that next week, 26-27-28 febr. And 1 martz there is a big, the biggest Motorshow in Holland at Utrecht. Every year 100.000 people coming to this show. I have for the first time a stand there for www.reismotor.nl because I deliver all the travelmovies for the show. We try to have every day LIVE contact with Sjaak and Doris by SKYPE. I hope that you and everybody in Alaska will help to organize that we have that connection. The world is watching!!!! (and waitingJ)

Marcus

So far, Alaskans have been pretty cool to Sjaak and Doris- we have them lodging and a garage to do repairs if neccesary, or just thaw out the bikes, before thier final leg of thier journey!

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.
Last edit: 22 Feb 2009 11:22 by CruisingRam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.