HD to layoff 1,100 and close some facilities

• Limey
  • User
  • 3 Years in the U.K. - Brought the KZ with me!
More
28 Jan 2009 07:26 #260629 by Limey
The emissions issue is a good point - air cooled engines have much larger tolerances than liquid cooled ones and also require much longer "warm up" times. Keeping the emissions in check on an air cooled engine is probably a nightmare!

As for easy to maintain - what would I know - I own TWO MGBs!:blush:

Eric
Newmarket, England (for 3 years)
Pentwater, Michighan (Home)
1978 KZ650
2000 ZG1000
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2009 19:00 - 31 Jan 2009 23:14 #261250 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic HD to layoff 1,100 and close some facilities
trianglelaguna wrote:

well...i guess it's time to attack another evil empire....that allways beats fixing things here at home.....why build roads and bridges and schools and invest in college incentives and small buisness...when you can be making back room deals with the major industry leaders to build v-10 super duty pick ups that go back and forth to the grocery store at best....then when everyone who wants one has one ...knock the bottom outta the stock market and ensure bailouts.....meanwhile lets take pos houses that wont pass inspection and inflate em to about 400,000 minimum so the average working twenty somthing newly weds can rent from the rich their whole lives...it's called serfdom by the way and starts revolutions....lets make the jonses pay 3/4 of their income on a house payment.....what's that you say....oh....that's why no one likes us...or buys our stuff....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, this Jones has not to worry about the race to be the best. Being conservative financially when conservative was not popular must have paid off for me. Next year my house will be paid for and the nice car I drive I paid cash for. Then I will be happy and free to do whatever I want with my money.
It's the american capitalistic mentality that has brought the once smart americans to their knees by making them feel that they have to spend what they don't have and live on caviar and champagne while earning beer and nuts salaries.
If people aren't willing to spend 400k on a nice house and on top of that they all demanded quality I guarantee that things would be different. We have been brainwashed to believe certain things that go without saying are things that we all can't live without.
But like you all say everyone wants to have the "best things" that money can buy even if they don't have the money. Because one way or another big business will make it all back by having the government bail them out and then later taking it right back out of our pockets to cover them. You know this opens a whole can of worms about our "capitalistic society" and its values. It bothers me actually that my tax money will go to both help out idiots who screwed up by financing their souls away and the companies that outsource most of their products so they don't have to pay as much to have them made and in return still charge the same money as if it were really made in america.
Didn't it used to be two years of a person's salary to buy a house? WOW! I have a college degree and have been working at that for 12 years and I am sure that I make pretty decent money but with two years of my salary I think I could afford a trailer on a lot.
One way to fix this all...
REVOLUTION! BLOODSHED>>>>>> When people make more money in a year than the combined salaries of the rest of the US there is a serious problem. When these f*****s who screw everyone over get caught and don't have to pay a dime back of the millions they embezzled or swindled others out of and then they get promoted to another better paying job there are some serious things wrong with this picture.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200
Last edit: 31 Jan 2009 23:14 by Tony.

More
31 Jan 2009 19:05 #261252 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic HD to layoff 1,100 and close some facilities
I'm sorry. I guess I got off the topic and out of focus. Times are hard and in these times it is the biggest boom in ultra high price car sales EVER. We must be helping out the big guys a bit more than usual.
I don't like it all the fact that american made cars are not made all that great. Why would I spend my hard earned money on a new chevy when I know it will just fall apart and lose most if not all value within 2 or 3 years.
The new v-rod? What happened there?

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

More
31 Jan 2009 21:27 #261289 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic HD to layoff 1,100 and close some facilities
if you want to buy a non current h-d next spring will be the perfect time i was talking to a freind of mine that works at a large h-d dealership that i used to woprk at as well and he says between new stock and old stock they have over 600 motorcycles sitting in storage waiting for new homes that has never happened in years. also the shop is forcing guy's out and doing layoffs of the younger staff but the funny thing is that they have increased the size of the sales staff.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE