Fire extinguishers

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
15 Nov 2008 19:26 #247637 by Jeff.Saunders
Fire extinguishers was created by Jeff.Saunders
OK, many of us are going to be working on motorcycles in the garage this winter. Make sure you have at least one ABC extinguisher in the garage - and easy to get to.

If you don't already have AT LEAST one in your house, shame on you - get one or two (or more).

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2008 19:38 #247638 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Fire extinguishers
ill do one better!;) dont forget smoke alarms and batterys in all your rooms so you know when to use those ire extinguishers!B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
15 Nov 2008 19:40 #247639 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Fire extinguishers
Most extinguishers are either powder (Aluminum Phosphate) or carbon dioxide filled.

They have A, B, C ratings - the higher the rating, the better...

A is for ordinary combustible materials - paper, wood, fabrics - things that are quenched by using water or powder

B is for flammable liquids - gasoline, grease, oil, paint - things that powder or carbon dioxide put out. Never use water.

C is for live electrical - appliances, electrical outlets - use powder or carbon dioxide. Never use water.

Powder is a good all-around extinguisher - the problem is it is very messy. If you use powder on an engine fire, be prepared to spend many hours cleaning the stuff off.

Plummen - yup - 100% fer sure...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
15 Nov 2008 21:29 #247657 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic Fire extinguishers
this something that probably go in the oopsies thread but it's here now. don't do like i did a few years back checking spark on a flooded engine, i pulled the spark plugs out and put them in the plug caps and laid them on the cylinder head cranked over the engine raw fuel blew out of the cylinders hit the ceiling as it was going past the spark plugs it ignited as it was going by my face it also ignited. the moral of story is that ididn't have to shave my eyebrows or mustache as well for at least a month. thank god for fire extinguishers or it could have been worse.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

More
16 Nov 2008 07:25 - 16 Nov 2008 07:26 #247699 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Fire extinguishers
One 50 lb CO2 extinguisher, two 10 lb dry powder ABC extinguishers, and two 5 lb ABC dry powder extinguishers, in a 24'x24' shop.

My Fist Aid Kit is 24"x24"x6" and includes a oxygen bottle and mask.

May be a little overkill, but I figure better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it :D

KD9JUR
Last edit: 16 Nov 2008 07:26 by steell.