• User
  • I Survived P.D. Fri .the 13th 2008 .
More
13 Nov 2008 19:16 #247265 by Scrapper
Another deal was created by Scrapper
Anyone looking for another Kaw for the stable? Found this on Kijiji
www.bobsmotorsport.com/details.html?cat=6&adid=316977&pid=518
Answered his Ad and heres what he wrot back:::::::
I am glad you are interested in the 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R. I am responding to this email on behalf of my sister Jodi, who lost her husband on November 4th. I am trying to take care of details like this that need to be dealt with in a timely fashion. The motorcycle is currently and always garage parked in Chatham. Besides finding the ad on Kijiji, here is the link to the website of “Bob’s Motor Sport” where the bike is being featured. www.bobsmotorsport.com/details.html?cat=6&adid=316977&pid=518

The price is negotiable @ $8500.00 as you are aware with the “obo” stated, so please feel free to make an offer that is reasonable and an offer that is consistent with the many aftermarket options like, Akrapovic exhaust pipes, after market windshield, turn signals, tank protector and most importantly the Scorpio alarm system which is fantastic how it responds when the bike is touched. The motorcycle is being sold as certified.

I know you are just simply looking for a “bike” but here is a quick story as it relates to the history of this motorcycle. Jason, the only owner of this motorcycle, Jodi’s husband, had a rare fatal blood disease in 2004. He required a Stem Cell Transplant in order to have any chance of survival. He received the transplant in July of 2005. Although not cured, he believed he would survive. His gift to himself for surviving was his dream in life, a motorcycle. I guess he wanted to get busy living. As you can guess this did not go the way he had hoped. I am telling you these facts to paint a picture of the history of this motorcycle.

Jason was obviously terminally ill and could not enjoy his motorcycle, therefore it is a rare find. Jason who was a mature adult, never abused the bike in any way, just the opposite, it was his baby and he treated it as such. Not a scratch and in absolute “mint” condition. The motorcycle was appropriately “worked in” as is necessary with all new vehicles. I can’t stress enough how slightly enjoyed this motorcycle is. To me, it is like buying an older car off an elderly lady, garage parked, lady driven, low miles.

Make an offer, make it reasonable. I am going to be stepping up the ads. Next week the ads will be going in the Motorcycle Trader Magazine , the Windsor Star, London Free Press and the Chatham Daily News.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Larry Groves

Handle every situation like a dog,
If you can't eat it or hump it,
Piss on it and walk away!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.