Wife's pissed off now!

More
03 Aug 2008 08:01 #229836 by Link14
Wife's pissed off now! was created by Link14
I'm in trouble.....

Went up to move my daughter out of her old apartment into her new one for her last year of college. During a break I stopped into the local dealership 'cause several years ago I saw what I thought was a couple of old KZ's in their back lot through the fence. I'd been looking for a new mirror or tool kit and I thought there might be a chance. The guy at the counter didn't know so he said I could go back and look.

Didn't see any obvious KZ's...kind of hoped to find an old kz650 for Bad Kaw :P ...The I looked at the only one covered. Crap....1976 KZ900 Ltd :woohoo: . The only bike that could turn my eyes from my kz750. Exterior was pretty rough but I could turn the engine with the kick start.

The bike looked complete, so I went in an casually :whistle: asked the manager what was up with it. Apparently belongs to a guy in town that got some work done but didn't want to pay the repair bill 'cause it was too high. The bike had been sitting out in the elements under a crappy cover for three years. The mechanic strolled over and said the bike had had low compression across the board and definitely would need a top end job, at least. Gave them my card if anything changed in the situation. I think the manager was going to give the bike's owner a call.

Daughter came home with me for a couple of weeks before school and blurted out to mom, "Hey, Dad was drooling over an old KZ900 today" :angry: Big mouth. Wife heard about it and started storming around griping that I'd spent a lot of money getting the kz750 finally running and now that it is, I'll want to spend lots more money getting the 900 working. I'm in the dog house big time :( .

Oh well, even if they do call, it's probably more of a project than I can afford, but I guy can dream...:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2008 08:20 #229842 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Wife's pissed off now!
I read and REREAD this post,and I don't see the problem.
Move the Wife in with the daughter!!:woohoo:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
03 Aug 2008 08:29 #229844 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic Wife's pissed off now!
Sandy, first with the obvious solution. ;)

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
03 Aug 2008 08:39 #229846 by Sandy
Ya,but that was way too easy!:laugh:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
03 Aug 2008 09:34 #229854 by Link14
Replied by Link14 on topic Wife's pissed off now!
Sandy wrote:

I read and REREAD this post,and I don't see the problem.
Move the Wife in with the daughter!!:woohoo:

So Sandy....how would the Warden feel about that comment? :whistle: , and no, if she moves, I'd have to take care of the other kids by myself and not have any time to work on the bikes! :blink:

More
03 Aug 2008 09:48 #229857 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Wife's pissed off now!
The difficult part is done...the subject (new used bike) is in the open. Give her time to ease into the concept...you should display proper angst about spending money (demonstrates fiscal responsibility)...make noises about selling one or both of the other bikes (demonstrates you are sensitive to her concerns)...pretty soon she'll be at least neutral to another scooter:) :) :) :)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
03 Aug 2008 09:55 #229858 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Wife's pissed off now!
Mcdroid wrote:

The difficult part is done...pretty soon she'll be at least neutral to another scooter:) :) :) :)

Announcer's voice: Elsewhere today in the town of Purgatory residents woke to find their usual boiling mud pits and steaming polluted lakes frozen over.........:woohoo: B)

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

More
03 Aug 2008 10:19 #229861 by Sandy
Link14 wrote:
[quote
So Sandy....how would the Warden feel about that comment? :whistle: , and no, if she moves, I'd have to take care of the other kids by myself and not have any time to work on the bikes! :blink:[/quote]

Here's how it would go,if I were to say that to the Warden...

HER- "Who's gonna cook for you?"
ME- "I's just kiddin,I love you,Honey...what's for dinner?":laugh:

Seriously though...I see you dilemma,Link...tough call,bud.:S

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
03 Aug 2008 10:55 #229867 by billz
Replied by billz on topic Wife's pissed off now!
Now that she's had a chance to cool down, tell her you were only looking at it and asked about it. Then ask her how many times she's been shopping, saw something, maybe even tried it on or looked at a new major appliance she'd kinda like to have even though she didn't need it. What you did was the same thing. Now if the dealer calls and says you can have the bike for $700 tell her you can flip it almost immediately on ebay or Craigslist easily for double that.

Bill

More
03 Aug 2008 11:38 #229871 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Wife's pissed off now!
I only have only thing to say.

Living single and loving it!!!!!! :D

KD9JUR

More
03 Aug 2008 12:24 - 03 Aug 2008 12:24 #229890 by Virii
Replied by Virii on topic Wife's pissed off now!
I read through it a few times before I realized there was a wife and daughter in the story. Sounded to me like the story of a man and a bike. :P

I faced something similar last week, only it was intentional on my part. I look on craigslist constantly...both for good deals in broken electronics to fix and resell for profit but I admit I spend a liiiiittle time looking at the motorcycle section. It usually ends up with my showing my counterpart a post and declaring "I want this"...to which she'd respond, "then you should get it...whatever you want, sweetie."

Manipulative, I tell you, because she knows I'd never do it. I'm too cheap. So last week I took her to the next level and before I shipped her off to school for the day, I told her I wanted a new Triumph Bonneville. As usual, she looked at me and said "Whatever you want".

In the evening when I picked her up, I put on my great big beaming smile and when she asked why I was so happy, I told her I went to the Triumph dealership and bought one, it'll be ready next Wednesday!!!

She was ... irritated, to say the least. Even more so when I said I admitted I just wanted to see how she'd really react.

Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Angel: 1982 GPz550. Stock. DR8EIX.
Last edit: 03 Aug 2008 12:24 by Virii. Reason: spelling

More
03 Aug 2008 16:04 #229913 by violentvintagecycles
Replied by violentvintagecycles on topic Wife's pissed off now!
If your married your gonna be in the doghouse anyway, sometime, somehow, might as well be in it while its warm!