Rampage and aftermath

More
25 Jul 2008 09:54 #228260 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Rampage and aftermath
Virii, Your "after" picture is priceless, I haven't laughed so hard in years! I may print it and hang it on my refrigerator. Good luck with the repairs. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Virii
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • I like cheese
More
25 Jul 2008 16:45 #228348 by Virii
Replied by Virii on topic Rampage and aftermath
:laugh: Well, you know, might as well take it in good stride at this point, right? I came out of it with just a few odd bruises and a story to tell.

A few seconds later and there would have been someone in the car and on the bike...

I ordered a new set of grips today, started polishing up the old original pipes and swapped out the shocks.

I'm having trouble figuring out what to do about my bars, though. At this point, I think I'm leaning towards just replacing them. I'm not sure I'll ever get them perfectly straight again and the wiring is currently in the bars (something I've seen a lot of comments about) so I couldn't even really heat them up as it is.

Looking at all these replacement bars, I'm having a hard time imagining what each set will feel like. I might just have to see if I can try a few out. :unsure:

Tess: 1977 KZ650-C1. VM24, 97.5/15/3rd. Dyna-S. Stock exhaust, coil mod performed, BR7EIX.

Angel: 1982 GPz550. Stock. DR8EIX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.