Ever had a falling down streak?

More
22 May 2008 20:02 #215231 by steell
Ever had a falling down streak? was created by steell
I seem to be on one, done fell down twice in less than 300 miles on the bike. Low sided both times, and today was at 10-15 mph!

Last time I suddenly lost front and rear master cylinders, this time the front end washed out from under me while making a left hand turn in town. I was going so slow I only slid 5 or 6 feet! If I hadn't been so stubborn and waited for one of the guys running up to help me get the bike up so I could get my left leg out, then I wouldn't have strained a muscle in my shoulder twisting around and picking it up myself :(
Never have been one to ask for help, or even accept it when offered, like I said, stubborn :D

Oh well, only have to replace one front turn signal and left footpeg mount this time, and I have the parts.

But this is getting tiresome, and road rash just don't heal as fast as it used to :(

I wouldn't feel bad about it if I had been pushing it either time, but in both crashes I was just taking it easy. Crashed lots of times when I was younger because I was really pushing the edge, but never when I wasn't, till lately anyway. Maybe someone's trying to tell me it's time to get my go fast bike finished and ride it instead of my stodgy old 750 twin :D

KD9JUR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2008 07:28 #215297 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
Sounds to me,Steell,that it's time to start
speeding up!:woohoo:
(with brakes)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
24 May 2008 19:39 #215598 by H2RICK
Replied by H2RICK on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
What's with that ??? You want to be breaking THAT habit real soon, steell. Think positive and you can put this behind you. You've had more street crashes in 300 miles than I've had in 40+ years.....so stop it...RIGHT NOW !!!:laugh: :laugh:

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

More
24 May 2008 19:59 - 24 May 2008 20:06 #215606 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
I have had lot's of crashes in the past, in my younger days :D
Most spectacular was the 125 mph crash when I went under a milk truck that was driving on the wrong side of the road, that one totaled my bike and helmet, but I was only scratched (roadracing on the street against three other guys, and I was leading). Couldn't begin to count the number of pavement crashes (both on and off the track), let alone the off road crashes.

Just discovered I broke a rib this time, first bone I have ever broken (of mine anyway), and it happened in a 10-15 mph fall off :S

Couldn't stand sitting around the house any longer, so I went out to the shop and did some work for awhile, Whoo-Wee buddy! Sure does hurt when I try to push or pull anything, a straight up pull, or a straight down push is alright, but I guarandamtee you I'm not pushing or pulling horizontally for awhile!!!:woohoo:

KD9JUR
Last edit: 24 May 2008 20:06 by steell.

More
24 May 2008 20:03 #215609 by bill_wilcox100
Replied by bill_wilcox100 on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
Been there. :blush:

2 mph on Main St. of Lachute, right in front of all the guys at the French fry place... on my buddy's new bike. :pinch:

There wasn't even the satisfaction of knowing that I deserved it. :angry: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Any massage parlours out your way? ;)

1977 KZ650-B1 (Stock)
Upgrades:
- Dyna S Electronic Ignition (DS2-2)
- Dyna 3 Ohm Coils (DC1-1)
- Coil Repowering Mod
- Progressive Springs Front & Rear
- Saddlemen Seat Cover
- New Metallic Red Re-Paint & Repro Badges.
Montreal, Canada

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
More
24 May 2008 20:18 #215612 by KZQ
Replied by KZQ on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
Sorry to hear that Steve!

There but for...
Pick one:
The luck of the Draw.
The Grace of God.
The Alignment of the Planets.
...Go each of us.

Have no Doubt. Any one who thinks that motorcycling doesn't involve falling is in for a rude awakening.

Hope you heal quickly.

KZCSI

www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300

More
24 May 2008 21:57 #215634 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
It does seem to come in bunches. From 1978 to 1979 I broke both wrists, collar bone, leg, ankle, dislocated a toe. Those are what I remember at least, probably more. I think from then I went mainly spill free for 10 yrs or so, then had the volkswagon beetle in front of me blow an engine and oil the road 15 ft in front of me while I was leaned over in a turn, which was a slide. Last ones was around 2000 when turning a corner found the entire street full of perfectly circular glass beads that were slippery as ice, then 2 weeks later getting clipped by a car. That was it, 8 yrs now. So it does seem to be in bunches.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
24 May 2008 22:56 #215644 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
Ron, I certainly hope my streak don't go like yours did! :woohoo:

I'm close friends with road rash, had it lots of times, but breaking a bone in a simple fall rather shocked me. Along with the fact I don't ride nearly as crazy as I used to, and I still fell down when I wasn't even doing anything stupid :D

I'm sure it won't be the last time.

KD9JUR

More
25 May 2008 00:38 #215653 by Beatpoet
Replied by Beatpoet on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
Check yourself.

Too much stress? Health problem? Eating wrong? Family problems?

A biker with your kind of experience should know that a couple of wrecks may be the luck of the draw, or a sign of other things going on in your life that are affecting your riding.

If it's not something from your environment/lifestyle affecting your riding, then odds are you're done wiping out for the next 40 years.

More
25 May 2008 01:12 - 07 Feb 2013 03:29 #215655 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic .

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 07 Feb 2013 03:29 by KZ250LTD.

More
25 May 2008 01:42 - 25 May 2008 01:46 #215656 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
Whenever needed, a CHEAP perfect d.i.y. ice-pack may be quickly made up using a zip-lock bag filled with ice cubes, inside another zip-lock bag to help prevent any leakage. May wrap in terrycloth towel before using. Did I say cheap? And besides, the highfalutin store-bought model is never around when needed, and requires goofing around with getting all the ice cubes inside through the little screw-on cap hole.

And the zip-lock bags can be reused many times.

Better to use the thicker more substantial heavy-duty "freezer" version.

May not cure anything, but better numb than hurting.

Good Luck . . . really! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 25 May 2008 01:46 by Patton.

More
25 May 2008 05:00 #215661 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
Yup...mine mostly had to do with drinking...but now I drink much less than I used to and don't drink and drive at all...things have changed for the better:)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A