Ever had a falling down streak?

More
25 May 2008 06:01 #215667 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
KZ250LTD wrote:

Steve, I'm pretty sure that this trend will continue and so to save you from yourself I will offer to take all of your 750's off your hands :laugh: :woohoo:

That's right kind of you, but I would really feel guilty passing on my crashing streak to you, so I'll have to decline :laugh:

Well, let's see:

My ex-wife finally moved out, about 13 years after we got divorced.

I'm currently unemployed, and almost out of money.

Recently discovered I have an aortic aneurysm.

Nope, no stress here :D

Really, I'm not stressed at all, I don't worry about anything, worrying doesn't accomplish anything good and is counter productive. If I have a problem I simply look for the answer, if there is no answer, then I can't do anything about it, so why worry?

My life should have ended 30 years ago, every day since then has just been a free bonus, so I just enjoy them :)

KD9JUR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2008 06:33 #215669 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
steell wrote:

Actually, aortic aneurysms are pretty common and won't necessarily kill you...many people lead a complete and long life with one (just control your blood pressure). My wife's grandmother had one for her entire adult life and recently died at 102 (and the aneurysm didn't kill her:laugh: )

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
25 May 2008 09:06 #215679 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
Patton wrote:

Whenever needed, a CHEAP perfect d.i.y. ice-pack may be quickly made up using a zip-lock bag filled with ice cubes, inside another zip-lock bag to help prevent any leakage. May wrap in terrycloth towel before using. Did I say cheap? And besides, the highfalutin store-bought model is never around when needed, and requires goofing around with getting all the ice cubes inside through the little screw-on cap hole.

And the zip-lock bags can be reused many times.

Better to use the thicker more substantial heavy-duty "freezer" version.

May not cure anything, but better numb than hurting.

Good Luck . . . really! :)

Steel Sorry to hear about your accident. When my bike tipped over on Friday the 13th I wasn't even riding it and in my haste to hold it up I snapped my leg at the knee requiring a plate five pins cadavers bone fragments to reconstruct it and many months of rehabilitation to walk and a few years for the limp and pain to go away. I still have great pain when it is damp cold or weather quickly changes. I am a regular bad weather predictor. I used on my knee frozen peas. Worked great and you could reuse many times. Next time that guys Harley can bite the dust for all I'm concerned. An ass whoopin and paying to fix a Harley would cost less than what I am going through now. Besides the fact that it was his fault in a way that this even happened.
Sure sucks to hear about your accident.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

More
25 May 2008 11:58 #215703 by steell
Mcdroid wrote:

steell wrote:

Actually, aortic aneurysms are pretty common and won't necessarily kill you...many people lead a complete and long life with one (just control your blood pressure). My wife's grandmother had one for her entire adult life and recently died at 102 (and the aneurysm didn't kill her:laugh: )

Since my blood pressure is 120/80 (same as it's been since I was 18), I don't think it was caused by high blood pressure :)

Minor plaque build up, less than 10% in the arteries, so I don't think that's the cause either :)

My brother (2 years younger than me) probably wished it on me, since his hair turned totally gray 15 years ago, and I am only just now starting to get gray hairs (57 years old). I keep telling him "hey, at least you have hair!" (I only have it on the sides and back), but gray hair really seems to bother him for some reason. Personally, I don't care, I shave my head bald every Spring anyway :D

All my life I have always wanted, and been, different than everyone else, had a heart attack at age 38, spent two weeks in Cardiac Care unit, and three months off work, now the doctors say I'm lying when I tell them that, they say they can find no evidence that I have ever had a heart attack. Guess that $28k bill (after Insurance paid their part) was just a figment of my imagination. :S

So now I have an aortic aneurysm due to some unknown cause, it will probably mysteriously disappear as well :D :D

Life is good :)

KD9JUR

More
25 May 2008 16:34 #215747 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic Ever had a falling down streak?
Then hopefully your falling spell will disappear mysteriously as well, Steve. BTW, please send Mr. Murphy east, away from here. :D

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
25 May 2008 18:16 #215786 by steell
Hate to send him on to anyone else, so I was thinking maybe a Moon shot was in order :D

KD9JUR