SoCal: Ride the Crest in June?

More
16 Jun 2008 22:04 #220448 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic SoCal: Ride the Crest in June?
Great pics and vids,Chris...right on!

Looks like you guys had a great time,even WITH the road being closed.B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2008 12:14 - 07 Feb 2013 03:25 #220516 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic .

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 07 Feb 2013 03:25 by KZ250LTD.

More
17 Jun 2008 16:17 - 17 Jun 2008 16:20 #220566 by JohNLA
Replied by JohNLA on topic SoCal: Ride the Crest in June?
Sweet, I'm in!;)

Tim, if it makes you feel better there are minuses to living here. For instance, I have to wait on my Morgan Carb Tune, to cross the Atlantic. Ok, only one minus.

s49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/JohNLA_photo/1983%20GPZ%20550/
83 GPZ 550 Stock with 3600 miles_83s.
83 GPZ 550 4-1,pods,Mikuni 36,000 + miles
Last edit: 17 Jun 2008 16:20 by JohNLA.

More
17 Jun 2008 17:42 #220577 by Sandy
KZ250LTD wrote:

Alright, that's it, I'm sick of all these beautiful ride pictures. All you canuck riders on here be at Sandy's house next week for a good time :laugh: :woohoo: :lol::P , he's buying :whistle: :evil:

heh heh heh heh heh:laugh:

Well,actually,one member WILL be here this weekend.
Don(thekawguy) is coming up for the weekend(from Idaho),and the plan is to send him home with regrets(that he doesn't live HERE,lol).
Yup...he'll be smilin...guaranTEED!

The plan is,a great ride on Saturday,and then a bb-q that evening,after the ride...and fuzzy heads the next day.:laugh:

I'll get pics to post.B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
17 Jun 2008 20:36 - 17 Jun 2008 20:37 #220624 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic SoCal: Ride the Crest in June?
Sandy wrote:

Great pics and vids,Chris...right on!

Looks like you guys had a great time,even WITH the road being closed.

B)

Thanks Sandy. :)

But as shakey as those vids were, you could swear they were taken by a one-legged drunk (HONEST, I didn't touch a wobbly pop until I got home) balancing on a blade of grass in a hurricane. :pinch::laugh:

I was actually hoping to have fabbed up a bracket to mount the cam on my bike to try and take some in-ride vid on our trip, but heard KZJohn was going and thought they had the helmet-cam dealio figured out so decided against it.
Oh well, NEXT time!:woohoo:

And yes, we had a blast.
I couldn't believe how well my bike handled through some of those twisties, even with a blown left fork seal. :blink:

Like I said before, Rose and I WILL be taking a road trip on our bikes up your way (hopefully) soon.
So get out your road maps and recall all of those fav twisty roads you've ridden, because I wanna see/ride 'em all! :cheer:

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ
Last edit: 17 Jun 2008 20:37 by RetroRiceRocketRider.

More
17 Jun 2008 20:50 #220626 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic SoCal: Ride the Crest in June?
JohNLA wrote:

For instance, I have to wait on my Morgan Carb Tune, to cross the Atlantic. Ok, only one minus.

I just got mine (also from across the atlantic), but now I have to wait for a top end gasket kit so I can rebuild one engine, and completely tear down another before I can use it :laugh:

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

More
17 Jun 2008 22:24 #220639 by Sandy
RetroRiceRocketRider wrote:

Like I said before, Rose and I WILL be taking a road trip on our bikes up your way (hopefully) soon.
So get out your road maps and recall all of those fav twisty roads you've ridden, because I wanna see/ride 'em all! :cheer:

Don't have to "Recall" any of the roads Chris,cause they're all in my back YARD!:woohoo:
We no need no steenkin MAPS!:laugh:

Anytime you and the Flower are ready,just say the word,Brother...just say the word.B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
18 Jun 2008 08:46 #220700 by KZJohn
Replied by KZJohn on topic SoCal: Ride the Crest in June?
JohNLA wrote:

Sweet, I'm in!;)

Tim, if it makes you feel better there are minuses to living here. For instance, I have to wait on my Morgan Carb Tune, to cross the Atlantic. Ok, only one minus.

Two minus's, don't forget the worst cell phone yapping traffic in the country!:woohoo:
I did make it home OK, at 44 years old I can still call my mom to come out and pick up my bike and I with her truck and loading ramps,(how many of you're 66 year old mother's still ride!). It was so hot when I got home,(105*f in the house!),that I just put the bike in the garage and got a frosty beverage to ease my emberasement :blush: . The KZ has never let me down before. It rode great for the 60 miles or so to the breakfast but refused to fire when we came out. We tried swapping the battery out of Mark's bike but it was a no go. No major deal though, I will find the problem and fix it. I'm just sorry I missed the best part of the ride. Thank's to the guy's on the ride for being patient and waiting to see if it would fire or not. I don't like holding anyone up. I guess this is the excuse I was waiting for to go through the whole bike and freshen it up.

More
19 Jun 2008 09:26 - 19 Jun 2008 09:27 #220902 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic SoCal: Ride the Crest in June?
KZJohn, I hope you'll be up and running soon. I'm ready for another ride NOW!
I posted one video on youtube. It's just some footage of the guys standing around the bikes at Newcomb's Ranch... not very exciting, but if you want to see it, it's at:

So, when's the next ride?

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC
Last edit: 19 Jun 2008 09:27 by ltdrider.

• Grantl
  • User
  • KZRider is Da Bomb!!!
More
19 Jun 2008 14:56 #220957 by Grantl
Replied by Grantl on topic SoCal: Ride the Crest in June?
Do you want to have a breakfast ride in July and a group ride in August--or just schedule something for August?

What do you guys think of a beach ride in August?

My thoughts are that maybe we could ride from somewhere down south--say San Diego or that area to Santa Barbara along Hwy 1 or the reverse. Brunch in Marina Del Rey or Santa Monica might be fun.
I think that in order to beat the heat we would need to stay close to the coast and have charts that pinpoint all drinking spots along the route.
Another idea would be to start the ride early... Maybe a 7:00 meetup and ride till noon, then head home.
What are your ideas for when and where?

1981 KZ1000 CSR
1983 KZ750 Project Bike
1990 550 Zephyr
1994 KZ1000 P

More
19 Jun 2008 15:47 #220967 by JohNLA
Replied by JohNLA on topic SoCal: Ride the Crest in June?
The Rock Store and Decker Canyon are popular Malibu spots.

s49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/JohNLA_photo/1983%20GPZ%20550/
83 GPZ 550 Stock with 3600 miles_83s.
83 GPZ 550 4-1,pods,Mikuni 36,000 + miles

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
19 Jun 2008 18:03 - 19 Jun 2008 18:07 #220993 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic SoCal: Ride the Crest in June?
JohNLA wrote:

The Rock Store and Decker Canyon are popular Malibu spots.

We road Malibu Canyon and hit the Rock Store on one of last years rides, and it was a lot of fun.
KZ Ride, Rock Store, California
Mark Wings bike made it's maiden voyage in it's current configuration on that ride, granted it was in the back of his pick-em-up truck. But they were there! :laugh:

We ended up meeting up with Sweetback at Neptunes Net for lunch, and then made our way back home.

I'm liking the idea of getting an early start (beat the majority of the heat that way) on our next ride, and heading up the coast will be really nice = cooler weather, tons of places to grub and get something to drink, and the scenery at the beaches should be superb! ;) :woohoo:

I'm with Grantl, I say we plan a breakfast (and possibly a small ride afterwards?) for sometime next month, which will give us a chance to go over details for our next "official" ride.
What does everyone think?

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ
Last edit: 19 Jun 2008 18:07 by RetroRiceRocketRider.