motorcycles and children and mothers

More
20 Jan 2008 10:49 #190243 by 1982KZ1100D1
Replied by 1982KZ1100D1 on topic motorcycles and children and mothers
basekamp wrote:

ok, I need some advice. She has experienced and seen people experience tragedy on motorcycles.
Any thoughts on the matter.
looking for the right answer!<br><br>Post edited by: basekamp, at: 2008/01/14 19:40

They just need to understand that when it's your time-It's your time. NOTHING can change that. So,Should we all stay out of buildings and cities so we don't end up like all the good folks on 911? Makes about as much sense to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
20 Jan 2008 15:18 #190262 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic motorcycles and children and mothers
:P :P :P This may sound a little strange to some but as a kid my mother rode a 69 Honda 750four, tricked out at the time with drag pipes lots of chrome and custom struts so her short legs could reach the ground. It was the only transportation we had at that time, so I got pretty good at carrying things that would fit nice into a car(groceries, clothes for school, home fix up stuff like paint)you get you picture. My dad did not like this one bit but couldn't do any thing because of the divorce and he lived in another state. My mom bought my first street bike before i even got my license. She said that I would have time to fix it up. 1974 Honda CL175 what a bike I can still see the funky exhaust in my head. It got wrecked and that was learning, I have wrecked a few times since and learned something from each wreck.(Stupid Hurts) When I was 35 years old I cut a deal with my stepbrother for a 1977 kz650B-1, I live in Fla. and had to pick it up in Tenn. My Dad was so pissed at me for doing it behind his back that he would not talk to me for a while. One day at a later time my father asked me why I did it I told him I am 35 years old and can make my own decisions, plus you would have said no. My step brother died a year later(not on a bike by the way) and I still have the bike. The last time my dad came to visit i made sure the 650 was sparkling and happened to go for a spin on it while he was here, what a smile he had when I returned. He now will ask how my bikes are running when he calls. It took most of my life to convince him that this is me and what i stand for.My son is 23 and has never owned a bike or desired to ride one. So I say to each his own.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
20 Jan 2008 18:00 #190275 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic motorcycles and children and mothers
I have done guite alot of things without asking my mom. She has been the only person raising me all my life and she can be very paranoid to the point of stupid sometimes.When I got my first bike I never told her I got one til it was in the parking lot for 2 weeks and it was paid for...no returns, my kz650 SR. If I had asked it the answer would of been NO! I did the same thing when I got my pet snake, just brought him home and set up the aquarium I had for it and the heat lamp and she got used to him. She especially likes the part where he eats the mice, since she has always hate rats and mice. No one has ever ridden a motorcycle in my family before, bu there was a friend of my mother who rode a 650 trail bike on the streets and he picked both me and my sister up from home and took us to school on the trail bike, we were small then and I hung on on the back and my sis sat in the front of him, and it was a little scarey. No one taught me how to ride a bicycle, but I learned by trial and error and as soon as I got the hang of it, the bearings fell out of it. I have always wanted another bicycle since I was 8 when I first learned how to ride.
The point is no one in my immediate family rode a motorcycle or even rode a bicycle, but I was drawn to them, as they are really the coolest pieces of machinery you can lay your eyes on or operate and thats what drew me in

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean