Helmets?

More
18 Nov 2007 17:53 #181632 by TheDevilZX
Helmets? was created by TheDevilZX
So I bought an AFX helmet, and the thing looks HUGE on me, its awkward as hell.. A friend of mine brought his bike over and was wearing a helmet that made his head look no bigger, and i put it on it fit amazing.. I cant remember what type of helmet he had.. But I want one like it that doesnt make me seem like i have twice the size of a head than I normally do..

Can anyone help? Maybe have one like this in black that I could buy??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2007 19:20 #181650 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Helmets?
How does it fit? Is it too big? How about a pic of you wearing it? ;)

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

More
18 Nov 2007 20:05 #181660 by z1rick
Replied by z1rick on topic Helmets?
A few members wear these, the HJC helmets

Anaheim CA
1999 KZ 100P
1974 Z1 900 Project
1977 (2) KZ 650 projects
Attachments:

More
18 Nov 2007 20:17 #181663 by genesis
Replied by genesis on topic Helmets?
I have the HJC CL-15, and it does make my head look a little bigger than it actually is. I wear an XL, but it fits really well.
Right now newenough.com has the CL-15 on sale for $70 I believe in a few styles and the AC-12 for $120-130 which is a steal if you like the colors. I think they have the CL-SP in a few styles for $115 too.
I've always worn HJC and can't complain about the quality, especially nowadays.
All three of those helmets have gotten really good reviews, especially for the price. And if you wear a M or S it should make your head look just about right;)
Thats the CL-15 in the above pic. I have the same helmet but it's the Pegasus model. Get compliments everywhere I go. Apparently people think it's custom. Whatever;)

Post edited by: genesis, at: 2007/11/18 23:19

More
19 Nov 2007 01:08 #181673 by Fourtoes
Replied by Fourtoes on topic Helmets?
This always makes me laugh.

One of the most important safety issues a biker can have and we're worried "Does my head look big in this?"
lol

Get one that fits properly and is comfortable. Then worry how you look, sweety.B)

SOme maufacturers have different shell sizes. Go to a decent bike store and try them all on till you find one that suits.

And by the way the very nature of a helmet, ie padding IS going to make your head look bigger.

Did you try it on with or without jacket...will make a difference.

PLus your probably not used to seeing your own head like this but are used to seeing other bikers.

Just my thoughts.
Ride safe.

More
19 Nov 2007 02:13 #181675 by gpzrox
Replied by gpzrox on topic Helmets?
I could (and will) drop names, but we need to make sure the helmet fits right -- cool is cool until it feels like you have an icepick driven into your forehead after an hour with your cool new $500 helmet.

I think it is webbikeworld.com or such that had a decent write up on helmet fitting.

Then go try them out -- alot of them. I looked at the high dollar stuff, Arai, Shoei(used to be my favorite), is it a Scorpion EXO(?), HJC, all of them, in different sizes, nada.

Ended up the best for me was and is a Vega. And at under $100 online, it is a lot less than the Shoei I bought like 15 years ago for twice as much. And their newest graphics, the Zuriken or whatever, works good for me.

On a side note, the HJC above is excptionally cool looking, I also like the look of the Icon Hooligans, and the Rossi AGV's, forget about it. Awesome what they are doing today.

Fit first, then finish.

84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

More
19 Nov 2007 11:26 #181746 by Link14
Replied by Link14 on topic Helmets?
I actually have the HJC shown (but in silver). Great helmet and I especially like that the shield can just be popped off and cleaned under the sink faucet.

• Skyman
  • User
  • 1978 KZ1000-B2 LTD 1982 KZ1000-M2 CSR
More
19 Nov 2007 13:24 #181752 by Skyman
Replied by Skyman on topic Helmets?
Is this the male equivalent of "Does this dress make me look fat?" :lol:

West Linn, OR

More
19 Nov 2007 13:32 #181753 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Helmets?
Skyman wrote:

Is this the male equivalent of "Does this dress make me look fat?" :lol:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I tend to watch the road while riding and I dont ride by mirrors. To old to give a s*** how I look:laugh:

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
19 Nov 2007 17:07 #181776 by Fourtoes
Replied by Fourtoes on topic Helmets?
In the Uk its common terminology
"Does my arse look big in this?"....thats what I was getting at! Not sure if you have this in the US?

• jjdwoodman
  • User
  • Live free, or die.
More
19 Nov 2007 18:04 #181788 by jjdwoodman
Replied by jjdwoodman on topic Helmets?
Hey Devil!

Good to see your Bandit up!

The only thing I might add, is to make sure with the Bandit to get a full face helmet. My 650 doesn't have a windshield either, and the wind really pulls on my 3/4 HJC. It's not too bad for the first hour and a half or so, but then you get a crick in your neck. I think the full faces catch less wind. Drop on over to K&N on new Sapulpa road (Hwy 66) between Sapulpa and Tulsa. They have a pretty good selection of pants, jackets, helmets, glasses, etc. It's like going to the mall for motorcycle accessories. (They have mirrors, and everything)

Ride Safe, above all else!

Joshua

77 650b
81 550 Mostly there
83 ZN1300 Voyager

More
20 Nov 2007 21:29 #181965 by z1rick
Replied by z1rick on topic Helmets?
Come to think of it, I need to get me a full face helmet, got the 3/4 with a visor, it's OK, but the full face is more protection.

Anaheim CA
1999 KZ 100P
1974 Z1 900 Project
1977 (2) KZ 650 projects