Kawasaki web site changes

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
01 Nov 2007 11:40 #179142 by Jeff.Saunders
Kawasaki web site changes was created by Jeff.Saunders
Overnight Kawasaki made significant changes to the parts diagram / part lookup features on kawasaki.com. One of the massive improvements is a status field showing whether the part is discontinued or not. Most of the other features still work (although a little differently).

Kawasaki Parts Diagrams

Post edited by: KZCSI, at: 2007/11/01 15:49

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2007 11:51 #179144 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Kawasaki web site changes
Thanks for the 'heads-up' Jeff...I'll puzzle it out...

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
01 Nov 2007 12:33 #179151 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Kawasaki web site changes
Can get to the parts diagrams okay for a particular model, and find the part number in the lower section (all same as before).

But have not yet figured out how to get a listing of all models which the particular part number is used on. When entering the part number in the search box, the site says go to the "Parts Catalog". But so far I haven't been able to locate a "Parts Catalog" area to continue the search. :S

If someone figures out how to run a part number cross-reference across all models, please clue me in. Thanks. :)

For example, a member has asked which center-stand will fit a KZ900LTD. I looked up the part number for the standard KZ900 (34011-1015) but couldn't figure out how to get a listing of all models which use that particular part number (such as whether Z1's and some KZ1000's might also use the same stand).

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
01 Nov 2007 12:57 #179155 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Kawasaki web site changes
In a similar vein, Bikebandit.com, my favorite parts fiche changed their parts lookup for OEM parts as well... now they show mini images of each parts diagram section... just looked quickly this AM for a Suzuki GS550 model... not sure if it works this way for all the bike manufacturers yet or not.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
01 Nov 2007 13:14 #179162 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic Kawasaki web site changes

But have not yet figured out how to get a listing of all models which the particular part number is used on.

Click on the magnifying glass in the upper left hand corner for 'advanced search' and you can search by part number for cross reference.

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
01 Nov 2007 13:51 #179165 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Kawasaki web site changes
When you click on the part number to get detail on the part, there is a question mark '?' in a yellow circle - click on that to ge tthe models that part fits... it then pops up a new window with the bike list.

Post edited by: Jeff.Saunders, at: 2007/11/01 16:53

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
01 Nov 2007 15:28 #179178 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Kawasaki web site changes
Click on the magnifying glass in the upper left hand corner for 'advanced search' and you can search by part number for cross reference.

When you click on the part number to get detail on the part, there is a question mark '?' in a yellow circle - click on that to ge tthe models that part fits... it then pops up a new window with the bike list.

And both methods work like a charm. :cheer:

Thank you! :)

Post edited by: Patton, at: 2007/11/09 15:08

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
02 Nov 2007 05:00 - 03 Dec 2008 07:13 #179249 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
del
Last edit: 03 Dec 2008 07:13 by JMKZHI.

• CoreyClough
  • User
  • GPz550 Addiction
More
02 Nov 2007 06:09 #179255 by CoreyClough
Replied by CoreyClough on topic Kawasaki web site changes
I like the changes. Now we can tell the parts guy the numbers ahead of time, with the supersession. Takes a little getting use to, but it's all good.

Post edited by: CoreyClough, at: 2007/11/02 09:28

'85 GPz550(ZX550-A2)

GPz550 Base Manual --> tinyurl.com/ze5b3qo
GPz550 Supplement Manual --> tinyurl.com/h34d2o6
GPz550.com --> www.nwsca.com/scripts/gpz_forum_2005/default.asp
First Race Win GPz550 --> tinyurl.com/o5y3ftp

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
02 Nov 2007 07:54 #179273 by Jeff.Saunders
JMKZHI wrote:

There's an S that indicates supersession.
So... whatever is listed will work fine?
- i.e., either the old part or the newer part? . JMK.

Maybe... functionally the answer is yes, a superceeded part should have the same fit and function. One strong caution though - Kawasaki has superceeded some parts to new numbers that look very different - a prime example is the black metal master cylinder cap for the Z1 front brake - if you order that part it superceeds to a pretty BLUE plastic cap... not ideal for a restoration...

Similarly, Kawasaki has superceeded many of the nice domed, chromed hex headed bolts found on handlebar mounts / triple-trees with common hardware bolts that are no different than what you buy from the local Home Depot store (except they cost 5 times the price).

Also, do NOT assume the information is 100% correct. There are many examples where wrong part numbers are listed for bikes, and many cases where the diagrams only show one part number for a specific bike where design changes resulted in a different part number part way through a production run. One of the only advantages of the genuine microfiche is the additional notes provided on the fiche - this information is NOT on most of the online fiche.

Post edited by: Jeff.Saunders, at: 2007/11/02 12:20

www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
02 Nov 2007 09:47 #179297 by 79MKII
Replied by 79MKII on topic Kawasaki web site changes
I wish I would have seen this tread 20 minutes ago!:ohmy: I just went online to cross reference a part number and noticed all of the changes. I wasn't even used to the last change yet!!:P I was able to figure it out by myself....eventually.:)

The Kaw List:
Current: 79 KZ1000 A3 MKII, 78 KZ1000 A2, 78 KZ1000 Z1-R, 78 KZ650 SR, 80 KE175
Former: 03 KLX400SR, 99 ZRX1000, 82 KZ750 LTD, 80 KZ1000 A4 MKII, 80 KZ1000 LTD, 78 KZ1000 A2, 74 H-2 750 Triple, 78 KL250

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
08 Nov 2007 19:03 #180216 by Jeff.Saunders
One interesting twist on this mentioned to us by a customer. Some dealers are going to hate this latest parts status enhancement.

After looking up some parts online on this new Kawasaki web site, the parts status showed active on a bunch of parts. Armed with a parts list of active parts our customer goes to the local Kawasaki dealer where the idiot behind the counter looks over the list and gives his canned response "those parts are no longer available" - and promptly gets chewed up and down by a customer who knows he's lying through his teeth... :angry:

I think it's time to bait a few of the unsupportive dealers...:evil:

www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,