I'm really dissappointed with my choice of ....

More
07 Oct 2007 08:43 #175024 by 2M4Dale
handlebars and helmet !!!

Have you ever bought stuff that you thought would look and work good and then been totally unhappy with the things ?

I think my bike looks great with the handlebars I choose but they are really uncomfortible ! Too high and too close ! I'm gonna have to do something different with 'em over the winter .... which means cables and brake hose and just generally more work and $$$ jeez .........

Also I bought a HJC half helmet which fit good and looks good .... but when riding it feels like I have a drag chute on my head ... I won't ride without a helmet so it looks like a full-face helmet is in my near future.

Oh-well .... it's only money ... LMAO

Post edited by: KZCSI, at: 2007/10/09 22:29

Hello from Sunny Mansfield, Ohio
1980 KZ750H1 LTD
1981 KZ750H2 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2007 09:10 #175039 by Sandy
Dale...have You looked into a set of "Clubmans?"
You won't get the layed-back style,but they ARE quite comfortable(I think).They put most of Your upper body weight over the engine,and they're really nice for the twisties.

There's a few different styles of them also...

tinyurl.com/3yavz2

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
07 Oct 2007 09:51 #175053 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic I'm really dissappointed with my choice of ....
in my opinion superbike bars are the best looking and they are quite comfy too.

superbike bars:
www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=2135

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

More
07 Oct 2007 11:29 #175072 by Tony
I took the superbike bars off my mk2 and put on clubmans. They are very comfortable and I think they look pretty good too. The bike handles great with these bars on also.

More
07 Oct 2007 19:08 #175122 by 2M4Dale
When I first got my bike it had drag bars on it ... they looked cool ... but to much forward lean for my old back and also the nasty dents the emergency flasher button and brake master left in the top of the tank were pretty bad ... I thought about the superbike style bars ... haven't really given clubmans too much thought .... anyone got some good pics of an old LTD with either style bars ???

Post edited by: KZCSI, at: 2007/10/09 22:31

1980 KZ750H1 LTD
1981 KZ750H2 LTD

More
08 Oct 2007 03:22 #175165 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic I'm really dissappointed with my choice of ....
its a csr but close

Post edited by: themachine, at: 2007/10/08 06:23

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!
Attachments:

More
09 Oct 2007 09:56 #175387 by loudhvx
2M4Dale wrote:

Also I bought a HJC half helmet which fit good and looks good .... but when riding it feels like I have a drag chute on my head ... I won't ride without a helmet so it looks like a full-face helmet is in my near future.

Oh-well .... it's only money ... LMAO

When I was in a highway crash 15 years ago, the only parts of the helmet that were really destroyed were the face shield and the chin bar. I walked away from the crash, but without the full-face, I would have had no-face. :(

Nice bike photo, by the way!

More
09 Oct 2007 11:14 #175401 by tjettim
I like the stock 77 KZ1000 bars or
82 GS1100 bars if I want a little lower.
If I go any lower, I would need to move
the footpegs back.

More
09 Oct 2007 12:12 #175407 by OKC_Kent
loudhvx wrote:

When I was in a highway crash 15 years ago, the only parts of the helmet that were really destroyed were the face shield and the chin bar. I walked away from the crash, but without the full-face, I would have had no-face. :(
quote]

I agree Lou, the mere idea of my face being left in the road gives me the willies. :sick: I have to have a fullface helmet.

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

More
09 Oct 2007 14:59 #175428 by moto_jojo
Replied by moto_jojo on topic I'm really dissappointed with my choice of ....
I had an 81 csr, very similar to your LTD in many respects. I put superbike bars on it, and unfortunately it looked so good that it was stolen from in front of my house while parked next to a Magna and a Harley.
So I don't have any pics.
:(

More
09 Oct 2007 16:12 #175435 by 2M4Dale
moto_jojo .... Dude ... that just sux !!!!

loudhvx and OKC_Kent ... I have always used a full face for my off-road activities ... and have used a standard open face on the street. I thought I would like the half helmet because of the way they looked. The half helmet is very uncomfortable for me ... so full-face it is ! I'm quite comfortible in my full face SHOEI off-road helmet ... So I just should have thought my purchase thru a bit more I guess.

themachine ... Thanks for the pic ! Your bike looks great !!! I like the look of your bars. I just wish I could try a few bars out to find the set that fits me and my posture best without making more poorly thought out expenditures !!!

tjettim ... as soon as I finish this reply I'm gonna go to the gallery to check out some different styles ... I really like the 77 KZ1000's anyways ... so maybe that's the set I'll choose .... decisions ... decisions ... LMAO

1980 KZ750H1 LTD
1981 KZ750H2 LTD

More
18 Oct 2007 04:13 #176846 by 2M4Dale
As many of you might know .... since I posted up this thread my daughter ran over my bike with the tractor .... soooo .... the accident has prompted me to go ahead and buy myself a set of superbike style handlebars. Can't wait to get 'em and see how they feel.

Also, before the wreck ... I borrowed a full-face helmet from a friend and took a nice long ride ... I loved it ... no wind bothering my eyes, much less drag on my head and neck. I won't need one now before next spring but I have started shopping around for a nice new full face helmet !

1980 KZ750H1 LTD
1981 KZ750H2 LTD