Update from Mid Ohio

More
26 Jul 2007 19:46 #159961 by kawtoy
Update from Mid Ohio was created by kawtoy
I made it to Mid Ohio with no problems. Spent today catching up with Roy, Jeff, Slim Jim and met some new friends. I am sure tomorrow we will get to catch up with many other members. Many pics and videos to come. Roy sold his KZ1000 before he even got in the gate. There is an Australian guy that is buying up all the KZ's before the guy from Japan can get to them. He bought 30 bike so far.. and that is just today. Must be nice to have unlimited cash flow.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2007 20:01 #159964 by DesertWizardB1
Replied by DesertWizardB1 on topic Update from Mid Ohio
Wow... an update already! You must have a laptop with an aircard. Bums me out though. I am planning on being there early tomorrow and was kinda hoping to find a 73 or 74 Z1 I could restore. I'll stop by your booth tomorrow and say hello.

Len

77 KZ 1000 LTD Original Owner

More
27 Jul 2007 05:45 #160027 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Update from Mid Ohio
Roy called me yesterday morning and told me it was raining. Wouldn't be a mid-Ohio without mud! Shawn, tell Jeff that folks are already starting to complain about him not answering the phone! bwhahahaha

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
27 Jul 2007 06:17 #160035 by Snakebyte
Replied by Snakebyte on topic Update from Mid Ohio
I'll be there looking for steell cause he has a lower gpz block for me:evil: :evil:
I'm going to be driving my Blue NEON.

More
27 Jul 2007 19:00 #160179 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic Update from Mid Ohio
No aircard but the McDonalds here is amazing. It has free wireless, a fireplace and 4 flat screen TV's. I just come here for dinner and spend an hour or so surfing the net. Yes we did et some rain. It was pouring this morning, I mean like 5 inches in a few hours pouring. The mud was pretty bad but it didn't slow anyone down. As soon as the rain stopped the people came out in droves. I am glad I brought my riding lawn mower. I took the deck of and rode it around today. No use getting a bike muddy when I have a 14hp mower to cruise on. I got lots of thumbs up and people taking my picture while I was riding around. Also heard lots of people saying "why didn't I think of that?". Some decent deals to be found. I got a $10 KZ1000 duck bill tail and a nice set of 4 vacuum carb sync gauges for $20. Now if someone would just buy that 550 then I would have once less bike to haul to NY. Actually I am 100% positive I would buy something else before I leave. I will get some pics and videos up when I get to NY.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

More
28 Jul 2007 19:33 #160395 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Update from Mid Ohio
All I can say is, "My feet hurt!!" :woohoo:

GPzInfested and I were there all day today, covered most of the swap meet and managed to take in a little of the road racing also (guess what our next project is gonna be :D ).

We will be there all Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, next year, makes for to long a day getting up in the morning and driving two hundred miles, then doing the two hundred miles back home that night.

Had a fantastic time though (and spent more money at Z1 Enterprises) :)

KD9JUR

• abilane78
  • User
  • Brought to you today by the letters K and Z.
More
28 Jul 2007 20:07 #160403 by abilane78
Replied by abilane78 on topic Update from Mid Ohio
OK, let's put it in the right thread this time, Abbie....

Dear God we're back!!! OK, we only were over for one day, well, I think like 5 hours, but man, it was a really good time, and I am exhausted! And I'm sporting a killer farmer-tan!! I won't ruin the fun for those still there by telling all their lies, I mean, stories!! I do want to thank Jeff and his staff (Z1Enterprises) for being patient with me while I followed him around under the booth waiting for a chance to say "Hi, you're Jeff, I'm Abbie". Thanks Jeff for the sidecover emblem!! I'll be ordering the steering head bearings eventually. I got to see Roy. He's a hoot and if you haven't met him in person, I highly recommend you make it a point!! Just be sure to speak into his left ear... If it were the right ear we could blame it on exhaust loudness. Perhaps he's spent too many years sitting on the right side of his significant other??? Anyway.....

Saw some neat stuff. Saw countless squids. Saw several "Hey, my name's Bob, check me out, I got a bike, I got a lot of leather. I realize it's 95 degrees out and humid as hell, but if I didn't have all this leather on you'd NEVER know I was into bikes!" We watched a tiny (and I really mean tiny) bit of the demo's. We sat on the hillside and watched two bikes run right off the course. Exciting, but I felt kinda bad cause just seconds earlier I said hey, this is strange, I haven't seen not one bike go off the side. Saw a KZ whipping the crap out of the other stuff in the heavyweights. There was a Honda in the pack that was popping and cracking. We got several pictures. I wanted badly to get a picture of a 78 Z1R TC, but there was some tool leaning on it and I wasn't rude (or assertive enough) to say hey dude, I'd like to get a picture, but I don't want one with YOU in it! I got to participate in evaluating a kid's 650. He said a man offered him 3500, yes, that's TWO 0's!! I didn't think to get a picture of it, I think... It was a nice bike, and I'd certainly ride it, but come on, I've seen a lot of nicer, more sought after bikes go cheaper... One of the KZ guys said it best, "Why didn't you tackle that guy???" and "so, are you gonna go find that other guy now?".

Thanks to everyone for being nice to us and for letting us hang out under the tarp for a while. Roy, I hope your arm is healing!!! Mellvis says special thanks to Andy for sitting and talking to him about 650's. I really didn't walk away from you all trying to get him to leave. I just wanted to meander a little bit and check out the adjacent booths!! I hope you didn't think I was rude.

Here is a link to a slideshow of our pics...

Abbie's pics

Take care all and everyone get home safe ok!!

OH and btw, I hope you all didn't get rained out after we left! It rained a couple years ago when we came up, maybe that ought to tell us something!!! (edit) looks as though it did rain. Sorry if I brought it with me, again....

Love you'uns!

:kiss:
Abbie

Post edited by: N0NB, at: 2007/08/05 07:59

KZ is Japanese for COOL!!!

Morrow, Ohio

Mom
Wife
Teacher

• The Gringo
  • User
  • ¡Usted no necesita otra motocicleta!
More
28 Jul 2007 20:50 #160423 by The Gringo
Replied by The Gringo on topic Update from Mid Ohio
I just got back myself after stuffing myself at the Roadside along with everyone else from the KZ crowd. Had a pretty good time this year didn't get sunburned this time around I guess because I wasn't as ambitious this year. Decided to just have fun, drink some beer and socialize instead of trying to see and do everything like I tried to do last year.

Abbie tell Melvis I enjoyed talking to him about 650's as well, it was nice to meet someone who seems to like them as well as I do. I would have liked to have gotten my hands on that red 77 650 B-1 that was there. I tried to get the kid to trade me for my L-3 but he was wanting a 1000.

The first thing I did when I got home after letting the dog out and feeding him the leftovers from Roadhouse was to pull the bowls off the BS34 carbs I bought this morning. All I can say is whooohooo what a score those were for $20.00, they look brand new inside like they never had any gas put through them ever. The outsides look new as well. Now maybe I'll get motivated and put that GPZ 750 Engine I have into something since I won't have to mess with cleaning up a set of carbs for it.B)

Andy
Akron, Ohio
80 Z-1 Classic-Sold
84 GPZ1100
79 KZ 1000 LTD
78 KZ 1000 A2
77 KZ 1000 LTD-Sold
76 KZ 900 The definition of a barn find
76 KZ 900-Sold gone to Denmark
KZ 750 times 3, KZ 650 times 8 Sold 1 down to 7
KZ 550 times 2 80 440LTD-Sold
81 CSR 305-Sold 81 Yamaha XS650 Special

More
29 Jul 2007 20:12 #160630 by Voodoosoup
Replied by Voodoosoup on topic Update from Mid Ohio
I rode in with KZReeder thursday night and left at about 2:30 this afternoon. Way too much to see and do for a first timer, as well try and get some R&R. I took about 375 pictures mostly of racing and the race bikes in the paddock area. I'll start a new thread when I get a chance to go throuh all these images!
Attachments:

More
29 Jul 2007 20:12 #160631 by Voodoosoup

Post edited by: Voodoosoup, at: 2007/07/29 23:13
Attachments:

More
29 Jul 2007 20:13 #160632 by Voodoosoup
Attachments:

More
29 Jul 2007 20:14 #160633 by Voodoosoup
Attachments: